PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Fury

Geno
05-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Forgotten Fury, a local band to Mountain Speedway, has agreed to play during intermission & possibly before the Busy Bee Pest Control sponsored races begin on Memorial Day. This will give the fans something to enjoy, along with the Osama car destruction.

Thanks to Forgotten Fury!

Geno :wave:

richardpetey
05-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Looks like the Killer V's will have the "Forgotten Fury" to compete against their "Cardiac Cordoba"....................................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mike Fields
05-15-2005, 09:57 PM
RP, what's interesting is that I sort of recall Billy Verwys Sr. running a Fury back in Freeport Speedway's heyday. Hmmmm...

richardpetey
05-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I think your onto something, M.F.! There are enough killer V's in the hive to start a major musical group.............................. :eek:
Maybe, thats where they make all the honey to support the hive............. :confused:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

pv18
05-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Rest assured, we can not sing, play music, or compete in an 8 cyl. race. Whatever "Fury" magic that was around in the Freeport days, must have gone by the wayside.

Hey Mike, when do you plan on gracing us with your presence???

Mike Fields
05-16-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't know yet. But I gotta tell you now that BB is taking over the major part of the promoting duties, I'm starting to get tempted!

One time that I will be out there is in October for the Walt DeMorris Memorial Challenge. That's one race I don't want to miss. The only question about getting many Riverhead drivers out there is whether or not in conflicts with the Thompson's World Series.

Geno
05-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately, the Fury's bass player decided to go with his family on vacation over the holiday weekend, so no band for this event! Sorry :(

However, they agreed to play at the fourth NEETS HSCS race of the season.