PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Rules - MUST Read

LongIslandJam
05-16-2005, 07:00 PM
After careful deliberation among LongIslandJam.com staff and related personnel, we have decided to institute the following rules to provide a better experience for the racing community.

All of the following MUST be entered into the system (unless otherwise indicated), via your user profile.
To edit your profile, go to: http://www.racerhub.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

1) Real Name: THIS MEANS FIRST AND LAST NAME, NO EXCEPTIONS. MUST be real, if not you are subject to permanent ban from not only the LongIslandJam.com forums, but all RacerHub interactive properties as a whole. We have had long debates about this, but finally we have decided it would be in the best interests of teams and LI Racing in general to institute this. Last time we did a poll, you guys barely voted it down. Now it's time to fight for the teams and local racing in providing the right treatment they deserve. Besides it bolsters your credibility as well. This information will be public.

2) Address (Street, ZIP): The two fields are required, and will not be publically divulged or used for any other purpose than authenticating your account.

3) Address (Hometown): Strictly optional, but if you want to post it for fun, feel free to, just remember it's public.

4) Phone Number: Optional, but strongly encouraged. This is strictly confidential and only used to resolve issues with users.

5) E-mail address: Make sure your e-mail on file is valid, and you can update your e-mail address via http://www.racerhub.com/forum/profile.php?do=editpassword

6) ## of Accounts: The restrictions have been changed for ## of accounts. Only 1 account per person will be allowed, maximum 5 accounts per household. Exceptions can be made to this for large households, but you need to give us heads up.

LASTLY: All the mandatory changes are due by MONDAY, MAY 31, 2005. This will give you 2 weeks to make the mandatory changes. Afterwards your account will be suspended.

Any questions or suggestions about our policies, e-mail me and I will be more than happy to discuss them with you.

Thank you for your understanding.

LongIslandJam
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
I have received a couple of concerns, but overall the response has been very positive.

#1) Real Name - I know a few of you object to this. Keep in mind 4 years ago when we went to a registration format, many objected to this as the format was widely unsuccessful at the time. Now it's the standard in forums and the top racing forums have some sort of form of registration. 4 years later we are seeking to increase the quality of experience for everyone involved by instituting a new mandate. Will it work? We will see... But I am confident it's a step in the right direction...

#2) Change of Screenname - for those who want to change your screennames for whatever reason, now is your chance. Also remember all your past posts are traceable to a screenname and here's your chance to start a new and on the right foot. E-mail me at JAckley@racerhub.com. We can close your old account and create a new one for you.

#3) Address Info - to remind you guys its strictly confidential and will not be divulged to anyone outside the LongIslandJam.com forum moderators.

Any other questions, feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to talk and address concerns.

LongIslandJam
05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
REMINDER: By Next Monday, you must have your full name (First & Last) on file. Failure to do so will result in loss of your posting privileges. Any problems, please e-mail me and I'll help you. Thanks!

W. Johnston
06-15-2005, 07:11 PM
We have tried to notify some of you through either PM or email about the lapse in your registrations. Some respond, some don't. You have 7 calendar days from that notification to respond or at least update your info. After that, you'll be placed on the permanently banned list until you do contact us.
So, make sure you read your PM's, and if you've elected not to receive them or emails, oh well, what can I say. :wave: