PDA

View Full Version : Best Looking Car

JunkYardRacer34
05-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Who Will Win Best Looking Blunderbust This Year? They Weren't Very Many Good Lookin Cars This Year, But There Is A Hand Full That Were Looking Good Out There.

RacinRob
05-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Doug Watson

RGeeProductions
05-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Doug Watson
DITTO.........

WATDAHEX
05-17-2005, 04:16 AM
That's some Flame job on the 53BB :cool:

allhailunc
05-17-2005, 05:24 AM
Gonna say Doug also(still think that the #3& a black car go better though) :wave:

Jones44
05-17-2005, 05:50 AM
If it was still black, I'd say #3, but now, I like the way the #6 looks (seriously).

originalpoet
05-17-2005, 10:04 AM
most of the cars out there look like junk... I like the 67, he keeps up with the bodywork the entire season, which is not an easy thing in BB...

RacinRob
05-17-2005, 11:39 AM
I think it would take away from the blunderbust division if everyone had immaculate cars. I think that cars like the 6 are the "face" of what the blunderbust division used to be, a bunch of low budget racers that didn't care what they raced.

LongIslandJam
05-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Originalpoet,

You've got to take the division for what it's worth. As RacinRob is alluding to, this is an entry-level division. Equipment isn't going to be immaculate for everyone. But I disagree with you on teams not keeping up their maintenance. Many of the front runners, like Okula and Watson, to name a few, keep their equipment top notch and go to great lengths to keep their cars pristine. But hell, when some Modified teams can't keep their cars clean, do you expect Blunderbusts to keep up with their budgets?

Just shedding some light from a different perspective.

JunkYardRacer34
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Yea But The Sparkles On That 42 Was A Real Eye Catcher

Wheel Racing
05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
So far the #42 has my vote

originalpoet
05-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi JA, I dont have a problem with a car looking "rough", but as a car owner who spent a ton of $ over the years on cut tires, I do have a problem with the cars that are out there like rolling razor blades...it would be nice to see some new body panels and straight nerf bars, at least for opening night...sometimes the BB's look like the Roman chariot race from the Ben Hur movie...

RacinRob
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't think the officials would let cars on the track with the potential of cutting other cars tires, or damaging other peoples equipment.

originalpoet
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Your'e joking, right Rob? Dont get to close to some of those cars without your tetanus booster shot...

RacinRob
05-18-2005, 03:14 PM
LOL.... i don't kno but I honestly thought that riverhead officials would take action against cars that are hazardous to other people.

WATDAHEX
05-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Yea Right! (on that last post!) :cool:

Why Dont they through the yellow more offen when a vehicing is siting up againest the outside wall in pieces with a possable injured person ? and your worried about jaged edges They should be L@@king at those who wreck everbody to get to the front, we all know who they are. Dont worry about tires so much...

RacinRob
05-18-2005, 03:51 PM
aaaaaaaaaaamen

LongIslandJam
05-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Once again, remember it's an entry-level division. Body panels are not that easy to find for these cars and are getting harder to find. This year there's also a lot of newcomers who need to learn the ropes too. I am sure as the season progresses it will get better.

art11758
05-19-2005, 10:39 AM
As far as best looking, I'm leaning toward the 42.
As far as rough edges, the "rules" say no jagged edges three times, twice with regard to nerf bars. Bodies are supposed to be in top quality condition or some such nonsense. But you aren't supposed to be allowed to fab body parts. Good thing the rules are there hah? JMO

originalpoet
05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I feel one of the criteria for best appearing should be how well the team keeps up with the appearance throughout the season (no easy task)... the guys with the 67 car apparently put in time each week...42 looks good, let's see if they keep it up all year long...body panels are hard to find, but not impossible, sometimes the panels need to be removed and pounded back straight again, not always replaced...whether you give a "cr-p" about appearance or not, the body, bumpers and nerf bars should not be tearing other guys tires up. It's only common courtesy and respect for the guy you're racing with...a couple of seasons ago, one guys nerf bars were so bad we offered to replace them, FREE. I figured it was cheaper than the tires he was costing me...he didn't take us up on the offer, by the way. It makes you kind of wonder...

Mortgage Guy
05-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I say the #1 or the #67