PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Poll - #1 Draft Pick - Short Track Racer

LongIslandJam
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I came across an interesting poll at http://speed51.com/poll.html (thanks Densieskis for bringing this to my attention). Is it me or does it seem it lacks any drivers from the Northeast (besides Donny Lia).

I'm sure you can think of many drivers right off your heads as best short track racers around the country. Who do you think is the best short track racer in any level of competition.

gary243
05-20-2005, 11:38 PM
I think you gotta go with Fred Rahmer. He won 34 sprint car races in Central Pennsylvania last year, with track championships at Williams Grove, Lincoln, Susquehanna, and mini-series titles at Selinsgrove, Central PA Speedweek, and Thunder on the Hill. There’s nothing else left to win in a single season out there, and he's on pace to equal that this year.

Now with Speed51, they are only including the series they cover. But they do report on northeast Modifieds and Late Models and I think more than Donny Lia should have been listed.

Drumz1959
05-21-2005, 12:34 AM
It seems everyone on the list is a web client of the site, I wouldn't pick any on the list.

Mortgage Guy
05-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Danny Turbush would be my pick..

Teds Race Tours
05-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Any Short Track list that doesn't include Steve Kinser, Billy Pauch, Mike Stefanik, Teddy Christopher, Freddie Rahmer, Brett Hearn, Tim McCreadie, Lance Dewease, Doug Hoffman, or Scott Bloomquist just isn't a real short track list. I'll put my 10 drivers against all of their drivers, and score more wins this year, or any year.

Jeff T
05-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I agree, HJ. After viewing the list, I found myself wondering what part of the country this poll was generated from. It certainly wasn't done by one of us "Northern Boy's".

RGeeProductions
05-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Any Short Track list that doesn't include Steve Kinser, Billy Pauch, Mike Stefanik, Teddy Christopher, Freddie Rahmer, Brett Hearn, Tim McCreadie, Lance Dewease, Doug Hoffman, or Scott Bloomquist just isn't a real short track list. I'll put my 10 drivers against all of their drivers, and score more wins this year, or any year.

Totally with you on these.