PDA

View Full Version : A message from the Race Director

racedirector
05-22-2005, 12:39 PM
First of all I would like to congratulate all the drivers for the great racing we have been having the past few weeks. :applause: I also want to thank all the drivers,crews and fellow officials for making me feel welcome and part of the Mountain family. This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting years in Mountain history. I'm glad to be a part of it.

The only real problem I see right now is to get the thriller and 4 cyl. drivers to leave their enduro driving talents for the special races, and think of the heats and features not as a rolling demolition derby. They have to show a little more respect for each other. Also, all divisions except for the modifieds must have a working scanner. The modified spotters must monitor the track scanner to relay info to their driver. STARTING THIS WEEK, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SCANNER, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK. The scanners are an added safety feature and must be used. They are no different than a helmet and firesuit and you wouldn't want to race without them, either. I don't know if the radio guy will be at the track this week, but you can buy a scanner at Radio Shack or Walmart. The track has a few to rent, but does not have the earpieces. You must supply your own. Health reasons.

If anybody has any questions, you can email me at racedirector@entermail.net and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone and good luck this week.

Ed Solt
Race Director

NJ Chick
06-01-2005, 04:56 PM
First off Ed, I think you are doing a great job as race director. You are a no-nonsense kind of guy and that is a definite plus with the things you have to deal with on any given race night. Keep up the great work!

I wasn't going to comment on this, but in light of the past few weeks, I feel I must. As far as the comments about the thrillers driving like they are in an enduro, it would help if someone on the radio would directly address the offenders as the incidents are occurring and not just as a general statement to all of them. This is insulting to the drivers that are driving cleanly and are getting slammed left and right by the few that are driving enduro style.
Also, the yellow flag needs to be waved a lot faster than it has been. The May 13th fiasco is one example of that and how outrageous the outcome of that race was. This past Friday was the same way, the accident in turn 4 would have never happened if the flag had been thrown immediately for the accident in turn 2. The yellow certainly flies instantly for the late models and the modifieds, which is how it should be, but lets show the same courtesy for all divisions.

Another thing I don't quite understand is why someone has been handscored for the past two Thriller races? I don't know if it's the same person/people but why is this happening? If there is something wrong with someone's transponder, why aren't they being given another one? This isn't fair to anyone else out on the track as no fastest lap time can be accurately recorded.

Please don't take any of this as a bashing to anyone. I just think if officials are expecting improvements with these divisions, they need to use their radios, the yellow flag, the black flag, fair transponder scoring and if need be, the power of the Almighty DQ.
:wave: :wave:

2j Late Model
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Mr. Bott and Marissa where racing side by side, lap after lap in there heat last week and never touched once. They where racing so close that I don't think a piece of paper could fit between them. That was some great racing. A bump here and there is also racing, but when you get taged in rear corner lap after lap and then around you go taken out several cars, that's not racing. This also isn't the first week "these" people have done it. Many of the thriller drivers are very upset over this, and nothing has yet to be done. Will it change for the twin 15's lets hope so. Two bent clips and one pi$$ed off women is enough for one week, and I think she's coming back out for blood, not taking any prisoners. There's another bent clip. :*-( :*-(

Jason 2j

2crew
06-08-2005, 04:05 PM
JJ that is enough for a year not just the week. I dont think my virgin ears can still be virgin for much longer if this poopy happens any more. :cool:

NJ Chick
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I'd like to thank all of the officials for the much improved radio communications, the use of the flags, the fair transponder scoring and most of all, for listening to our pleas for the thriller division. The car count was up this past Friday and I hope it continues to grow! Thanks again to all, it's most appreciated!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EricaR
06-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that the first few weeks were touchy with the transponders. No one was being hand-scored, it was just that Brad needed someone to really explain the system to him, and show him the correct way to run it. The girl that came in from Mahoning was unsure of the correct way to use the computer, and therefore, we had a bit of a mess on our hands. Now that Donette is back and is able to help Brad and show him the way that the computer works, we haven't really had any problems with the transponders, other than if someone had them mounted incorrectly.
I would like to thank all of the drivers for your patience and understanding while we were getting it all straightened out.
Thanks for your patience! Erica

NJ Chick
06-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Thank you Erica for taking the time to explain the transponder situation. I'm sure you must have all been going crazy trying to keep things straight and I'm glad that you have Donette to help out. We appreciate all of the hard work you guys do, thank you again!

:wave: :wave: