chealy7296
05-22-2005, 06:00 PM
The Schedule for this Saturday will be as follows:

Back Gates open at 10am
Practice to start at about 12

***Continuation of this weeks Modified feature to start at 4pm***
***Figure 8 feature following the Modified feature***
Then qualifiying and features for May 28th schedule

As of today this is what the schedule will be. I doubt there will be any change, but if there is, I will let you all know. Please pass this on, especially to any figure 8 drivers you know, because they are not on this week's schedule and they will be racing early.

W. Johnston
05-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks you for this very timely information. I'm sure all the drivers and fans appreciate it. :)

Duke22
05-22-2005, 09:45 PM
It's not the tracks fault for rain. I know many fig-8 teams had planned vacations for this weekend, it is a holiday weekend. We know that plans go out the window when running for points. I just hope the track lets all fig-8 teams (drivers and full crews) in without "double charging" us for one race.

tireman40
05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
In looking at the events of last Saturdays racing, the track knew that bad weather was coming in from the west, so what could (HAVE??) been done was postpone all winning interviews, just to try and beat the weather. Would they have been able to get the show in, it would (HAVE??) been close. The postponing of interviews have been done before, and I think it should (HAVE???) been done again. As for not getting charged again, I wish you a lot of luck on that note.

Mortgage Guy
05-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Tireman, rain or no rain, after running a hard race (as all of these divisions are) wouldn't you be pissed if you won and they said, "Oh, come back later in the rain or next week to thank your crew, sponsors and your family." I think that unfortunately, that is a big part of winning a race, and it should never be postponed. There are also sponsors that show up, pay money to sponsor a division and to be told that it may rain and you will have to wait to present your trophy, so a division you don't sponsor can run their race, also isn't fair to the sponsor..That's just my opinion..

Rubbin&Racin
05-24-2005, 09:59 AM
:applause: Well said Mortgage Guy to Tireman, he has no clue what it's like to win a Race and be in Victory Lane...you get that feeling and it's a good feeling. Kasey said he will always remember his first win and driving into Victory Lane and the look on his crews face and Tommy Bladwins, that is what he will always remember.

chealy7296
05-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey Duke-- I wonder if you would be able to keep track of who is on what pit crew and who was actually there on Saturday out of the 800 people we signed in. It is just about impossible. I have a list of all of the figure 8 drivers who signed in and they will get their pit pass. As far as families and crew members, that is out of my hands. :(

LongIslandJam
05-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Very difficult task indeed... I feel that's very fair to allow the drivers in and thumbs up for that!

W. Johnston
05-24-2005, 11:38 AM
If they've all kept their pit passes, then it's easy to figure out who's who. Lost it, pay again, that's pretty simple, don't you think???
As far as 'double charging' is concerned, those who are done with their features (BB, Charger, Trucks) shouldn't have a problem with paying a new admission for a new week..Mods would have to pay for this week anyway, so I don't understand Duke's question. The track is being quite fair in their handling of this matter.

Duke22
05-24-2005, 12:46 PM
W.J., read my post. I was suggesting fig-8 teams not be charged to race this Saturday. We paid last week and didn't race. All of the other divisions are scheduled for this weekend. In 2002, the last fig-8 race of the season was rained out before completion. The track had us come the next week during the charger/late model races and complete our race. If I remember correctly, the driver and one crew member were admitted without charge. That is fair and that is what I was hoping for.

W. Johnston
05-24-2005, 12:58 PM
W.J., read my post. I was suggesting fig-8 teams not be charged to race this Saturday. We paid last week and didn't race. All of the other divisions are scheduled for this weekend. In 2002, the last fig-8 race of the season was rained out before completion. The track had us come the next week during the charger/late model races and complete our race. If I remember correctly, the driver and one crew member were admitted without charge. That is fair and that is what I was hoping for.

And I agree with you completely. I was just looking for clarification of what you meant. Thank you. WJ

tireman40
05-25-2005, 06:09 PM
To Rubbin......I have no clue? Reading your post I see nothing of your victory lane experience. You make reference to Kasey and Baldwin, that's someone elses memory, how about yours????? Let me say this about my experience. Being with a team, that in a 5 year run, won 3 championships and finished 2nd in points the other two years means that it was a regular visit to victory lane. I know all about the thrill of it all. The next time you tell someone they don't have a clue, make sure you are looking into a mirror, because I think you are the one that is clueless!

Rubbin&Racin
05-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Howdy Tireman40....aah, I do have a clue what it's like to be in Victory Lane, I have had the experience a few times in 2 divisions, so my mirror is fine. The thrill of Victory Lane will always remain with me, along with the trophies and pictures. I have been at the track 12 years, and by my husbands side, so I do know what it's like to be in victory lane, and the thrill of being married to the driver. Peace and Happiness to ya! :wave:

Charlie's Angel
05-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't mind feeling that thrill at all!! :) Hopefully soon I will.
Peace all!!

KickItUp
05-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Simple.. You see there is a chance of rain late in the night, or you think it might rain before features get finished, so then don't go. Simple.. If it will bother you that much, stay home..

The track has no control when it rains (nor do the weathermen :confused: ), and should just do what they do, run the schedule as is, and not cut anyone short.. If a division gets rained out, so be it, they at least give ya the make up for it.. Just because you didn't get to race, doesn't mean they have to give you a rain check.. Last time I looked, rain checks were good till the 3rd heat or somewhere near that point in the night.. So if one division gets rained out, that team and crew, even though they didn't race, got quite a bit of their money's worth of racing for the night.

The track allowing the drivers not to have to pay is something they didn't have to do.. :applause:
Signing into the pits is your own decision.. If weather ruins it for ya, that's your problem, not the tracks..

As for cutting victory lanes out, that should never happen.. That is all the teams get, that's their shining moment, whether it is their first win, or their 50th.. If it meant nothing after winning multiple times, then no one would bother go out for the next one.. Right? So tireman, I felt you were out of line with your comments to Rubbin.. :disgusted

Winning, especially at Riverhead, is all about that moment on the track, where teams can share their victory with friends, crews, family, sponsors.. You are lucky to get a trophy, a few measley bucks, but that victory pic and sharing it with everyone is what matters.. :cool:

The track did the right thing this past weekend.. :applause:

LongIslandJam
05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
And with that KickItUp, you summed it up. Case and thread closed.