PDA

View Full Version : a bump is a bump ?

michael
05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
What a shame for me, my first top 10 and I have to be black flagged with 7 laps to go because a driver (no names mentioned), for a reason I didn't see in the tape, had to ride and ride me till he finished me off and rips my trunk off, causing me to be black flagged,forcing me to pit and finish 19th.
Not that I have a problem with a bump to let someone know you're there, but
but I believe you should give him a chance to move, not finish me off before I had a chance to respond. My car is not a slug, so I know I could have and would have made a move, if given the chance. To keep riding me isn't going to help anyone, all it did was cause me some valuable points and damage ($$$$)
Oh well, I'll be back Saturday to get that top 10 that I was denied this week. See you all there.
Thanks for letting me vent a little. Mike

KickItUp
05-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the BB division.. This is what it has become.. If you can't keep up with the multi-thousand dollar cars out there, they will move you.. And very few will give you a chance, maybe 3-4 drivers out there.. This division used to be the best out there, but it is quickly becoming an endurofest.. No offense to the enduro drivers, I actually think they run a cleaner race of late..

As for you #18.. no offense, please, I don't mean any disrespect, but the 5 or 6 laps I was watching you, you were completely sideways (no one behind you), using the cars on your inside to keep you from spinning as you were bouncing off the walls.. Now those drivers in those cars may not have appreciated the help they were unintentionally giving you..

For anyone, what is the hurry? You can't win on lap 1 and you won't win a championship on race 1.. take it easy, follow some of the veteran drivers, learn.. Then when you are set, go for it.. There are so many out there who can't keep the car facing in the right direction, and never let off the gas.. Result is cars all over, spinning, and of course, getting angry, when it's not a race anymore, it's who can dodge the most and survive..

There is no shame in following in the rear and learning.. It will pay off, and you will earn the respect of the field, instead of earning a reputation that no one wants to race with you..

michael
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
I never take offense to constructive criticism, I always listen and learn.

I agree, my car is getting loose, which I am working on. As far as me riding cars around the turns, I think it's mutual, which I don't mind and the few drivers that I was running with I spoke to and I think I can safely say that I didn't anger anyone. But I do understand what you're saying. I have a car that wants to run, but I've got to get this setup tuned in; hopefully this week, we will have figured it out.
I do agree with you on the grands. I ran the grands last year and my car looked as good as it did on opening day, except for the last race, but that's a another thread. :)

Oh yeah, I only hit the wall once.

wayne
05-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm glad someone was watching the race. Now can anyone tell me why my quarters, nerf bars and trunk were ripped out!!! Oh I know, Blunderbust racing.