PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Bars

Jimmy D.
05-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Bill Denniston say at the winter meeting that CAN OPENER type nerf bars would not be allowed anymore? Didn't Bill also say, "if you have them, get them changed or you would not be allowed on the track"? If I'm right, then why is what Bill said being ignored by some teams and officials. I know some guys that spent the time and money to change their bars and yet others are still running with the can opener bars. My right front tire was cut like someone took a knife to it, in turn putting myself and the cutter ( #65 Charger ) into the wall. In my eyes, this is a safety issue, and should be enforced, not ignored.

maestri fan 1
05-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Well those nerf bars sound pretty dangerous. Hopefully they will live up to the rule change.

art11758
05-25-2005, 08:38 AM
The subject of sharp bars came up in a thread in the Blunderbust Forum under best appearing cars. http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39451#post39451 I checked the rules posted on the Riverhead home page then and did so again for this thread. Both times the rules say the same thing with regard to jagged bars, that they are not allowed. The Charger rules go on to say the ends are to be capped. That having all been said, there should be no trouble bringing it up say, at the drivers meeting (they still have those, don't they? It's been a long time since I was directly involved) and ask when the rule is going to be enforced. No finger pointing or anything, just ask. I agree, it is a safety issue.