PDA

View Full Version : The Radiant One.....

Mortgage Guy
05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Found illegal again at Wall, after winning the feature...I think it is the second time there, it's a shame because he is always fast..I wonder if his tires were toO soft again??? Anyone know why???

chief of 1
05-26-2005, 08:35 PM
I know why Ray was D.Q.'d. But I will not tell the reason. We left Riverhead because of things like this (rumors). If your so interested in Ray, come down to Wall and get the facts........
Chris,(Crew Chief of the Minieri Race team)

BWR
05-26-2005, 09:34 PM
You know Chris, it's not rumors at the 'Head why he was found illegal was he? I saw them take his tires and said he was illegal, fine 500 dollars. If he wasn't illegal, why not protest? Instead, you guys leave! 1 thing I got to say he's such a good/fast driver, why chance anything to win? But all in all, winning fair and square is the way...if he's not illegal, then PROTEST IT...PROVE IT TO US, HIS FANS THAT WATCH HIM AND FOLLOW HIM. NOT TO STIR ANYTHING CHRIS, JUST A POINT OF VIEW FROM A FAN OF RAY'S.

BWR
05-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey Walt, I Was Using The 'Head As A Example. If Ray Was Found Illegal At The Wall And They Know He Wasn't, Then Protest It!!!!!

The Bullfather
05-28-2005, 08:58 AM
If I rememeber it correctly, they offered the send the tires out to be checked out. The 'Head officials basically declined. :-|

Mortgage Guy
05-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Chris, I have been to Wall to watch Ray and also a fan of his, I just find it weird that he has been DQed 3 times (1 RH, 2 Wall) and IT'S STILL EVERYONE ELSES FAULT....Stay within the rules already, he is one of the best drivers I have ever seen in a Charger car, keep it legal so he can prove that...Why tow all the way up there to be sent home with nothing, because you got caught...For you not to admit it makes it worse...I read it in print that you were DQed, how is that a rumor.. Let him race legal, you guys are fast everywhere anyway..

BWR
05-29-2005, 09:11 AM
well said tim

Mortgage Guy
06-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Amazing...No response

The Bullfather
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM
When did this post become a bashing post? :mad:

If they got caught at Wall Stadium, then fine, let them deal with the facts. They left Riverhead for a few reasons, the main one is being disguisted with the offical's rulings. They tried to fight the last one, but it fell on deaf ears. With that being said, that's what the officals wanted to do and they did! :help:

We lost a good race driver, we lost a great family. A track has to stand by it's rulings, but we've lost a few driver's and families in the past. I'm not here to bash the officals, nor the Riverhead facilities. I understand that they need to set rules and stand by them. It's just sad we have to lose out on good competition and good friendships. I'm also suprised this thread hasn't been shut down. :( :-| :applause: :cool:

chief of 1
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Mortgage Guy,
Sorry for the delay in the response, been busy. Since you are a fan of Ray's I don't mind giving you an explanation. Dq'd at RH on Ray's last night was because of tires. Facts are that the tires passed the durometer reading, but they still thought our tires were too soft. We asked for the tires to be sent to NASCAR to be tested and we were denied. We even asked if we could have a piece of the tire to have it tested ourselves and give them the report, denied again. Their decision was based on an official saying, "He's too fast, he must be doing something." Not by any type of proof.
Wall - 1st DQ was Ray's first race. He came in second and was Dq'd because he went directly to the tech area after the race. He was not aware that the top three cars were to remain on the track until their tires are checked.
Wall - recent DQ was after Ray won. He was DQ'd on the assumption that the intake manifold was acid ported. We were told that the casting marks were not as pronounced as another racer's. Obviously there was no way of proving it was not acid ported. All I can tell you is that the intake manifold is a Canadian manifold and hard to find. This one one was purchased from a reputable race engine builder. If it was acid ported, we were not aware of it. Last week Ray drove to Albany and purchased an intake manifold from a racer that went to Canada himself and took it off a junk car in a salvage yard. So I know this one is definitely stock. These are the facts. I will not tolerate cheating within my team. I have no problem with the officials at Wall for their decision, they are just doing their job. We enjoy racing at Wall. Come over and say hi next time you are there. Thanks for your support.

Chris

Mortgage Guy
06-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the explanation....I will stop by if I get there again this year..