PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping.....

art11758
05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Any reason the previous weeks winner started 15th Saturday? With 25 cars starting and only 4 coming out of the consi, I thought the 20th spot was the right place.

wayne
05-24-2005, 04:47 PM
6 rookies starting in the back,and then the consi cars ? I'm probably wrong,but it sounded good. LOL

Tracy87BB
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
The winner from Opening NIght was the last of the handicapped cars for last week's feature. The previous week's winner gets the final spot ahead of the consi cars, so normally he would have to start 21st the following week. However, rookies STILL have to put in their three weeks at the rear. If it had been done the other way, the car that finished 2nd Opening Night would have started 14th, and Tommy would have started 21st, with all of those rookies in between. Nothing against any of the rookies (I haven't been out to the track, so I can honestly say I have no opinion of your driving abilities), but I don't think that would have been the place for them!

art11758
05-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Thank you. I forgot about the rookies.They were exciting to watch, especially in the consi. Mike Rommeney had it all but won, then had a severe "loss of traction".