PDA

View Full Version : Worst Racing Related TV Commercial

Jeff T
05-27-2005, 04:14 PM
I thought it may be interesting as to what opinions people have as to which TV commercial featuring auto racing are the absolute worst!
My number one pick is the Nextel commercial for track phone where the guy is showing slides of all his vacation pictures while watching the race on his phone (Junior wins the 500!... JUNIOR!). That one earns the instant "Mute" award in my house.
My second pick is the Enterprise Rent a Car commerical where Jr. don't say a word, just looks like a complete moron with all of his different stupid facial expressions. The worst line in the commercial..."Dale Jr., You best open that door for me !". If Jr. wasn't making all that money for doing the commercial, I would have loved to hear what his real response would have been!

broz
05-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Man, you got no love for the "Mart-Dog" ? :lol: That first commerical is the writer from NASCAR.com, Marty Smith. I must admit though, the commercial is a bit of a beating :disgusted
Good Thread! Now I need to think of one I dislike. Maybe I'll think of one on the way home while I'm in traffic :mad: Ain't quite the "L.I.E.", but Dallas traffic suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :eek:

unowho243
05-27-2005, 05:41 PM
I think it would have to be the one where JR. and Waltrip Act like they are on QVC and are selling stupid radiators and such! LAME

Best would have to be the Darrel Waltrip toyota Tacoma Commercials
"Its a big fast tough truck whats not to like!"

allhailunc
05-29-2005, 03:33 AM
To me, the best commercial involves 2 of the aforementioned fellows. The one where Mikey comes in and DarrElL is painting the car. Mikey asks him,"what are you doing?" And Darryl replies "I figure you and me can split the driving duties-you take the first half & I'll take the second half", to which Mikey replies "I'VE got a better idea; how about I drive the first half & the second half and you drive the third half." DarrELl is so excited until he realiZes "Hey wait a minute, that's too many halVES's" :lol:

Jones44
05-31-2005, 05:48 AM
The best one is where Kenny Wallace pops out of the birthday present. The worst? Have to agree with Jeff T, that Nextel commercial is annoying. And a little side note on the Winfuel commercial, what is Dale Jr. doing, going through the X32's trailer and giving the kid one of their jackets? He doesn't own or drive for that team LOL. :D

Rich Johnson
05-31-2005, 06:42 AM
I like any commercial with a burnout involved.
If the worst ones have us talking the most...I guess that makes them a success...I am tired of seeing the same ones over and over...I just bought an XM radio setup to cut down on "stupid commercial consumption" in general.

RacinRich

racing#s
05-31-2005, 07:54 AM
The one with Junior & Waltrip cuddled in the back seat shivering together with 'Napa' A/C on. It has a hair of humor, but falls into dumb category.