PDA

View Full Version : When will justice be served

speedracer
05-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Again another sat. night, and the 00 causes more wrecked race cars. The officals must have blinders on. This has to stop before someone gets hurt again by the 00. He does have a fast car no doubt. He has to learn to be a man and pass on the OUTSIDE instead of pushing cars that are in front of him out of the way. If he wants to wreck others he should sell his car just do demos.

W. Johnston
05-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Speedracer, sounds like something of a vendetta here. I must have been looking down, writing my notes on the race's progress, because I checked my notes and there is no reference to the 00 causing any wrecks, or even being involved. Now I'll be the first to admit I don't see it all, it's hard to write and watch at the same time, but this may be a little over the top on your part.

wayne
05-29-2005, 09:49 PM
I have never personally had a problem w/ the 00 until last night. He couldn't or wouldn't go to the outside to pass me, and I held a lower line to keep him from getting underneath me, (what you're supposed to do in a race) and he just kept beating on me, trying to spin me. If I was that much slower, I would have let him go, that's how I am. But, he wasn't toO much faster, and I had the same thing in mind as him, going to the front. For someone who's such a "good driver", and has one of the best cars, why couldn't he outdrive me last night? He had every chance to take me on the outside, but instead, he tried to get me sideways to go underneath me. He relIEs on trying to take someone out, or spinning them to pass a car that he can't "blow by". If you are that much faster than someone, you go to the outside or get underneath them (when you can), not try and take them out, like he seems to do quite often, with many cars. Then he jumped the restart to pass me, which the officials caught. I can see how it could be frustrating when a slow car holds you up, but that was not the case in this situation, or with most of the other guys who are victims of the 00. And to top it off, he tried to blame me for dumping the 99!! To be a good driver, it takes more than just having a fast car.

RacinRob
05-29-2005, 11:13 PM
I saw the 00 try to make it 3 wide and he spun the 99 being a lunatic.

allhailunc
05-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Seeing this thread, and taking into consideration the party being referred to, I'm not surprised. Even though I was not at this past Saturday's events, (so I cannot pass judgement on Saturdays events) I refer back to a prior posting a while back as to how long will they (that being the officals) wait to do something? Tommy has one of the fastest, if not the fastest, car out there, so why "plow" through the field to move up? Use the car & the talent that you obviously have to advance-don't run "amuck" and take cars out to do so. Sooner or later, someone will get seriously hurt by these kind of actions and, if for nothing else, I hope your conscience will be able to handle that. Tommy, you can do it, I know that, so show the "detractors" what you can do, instead of what you "can" do. :disgusted

MOTORHEAD
05-30-2005, 10:17 AM
There are two ways to handle this problem, one is all the BB drivers get together and talk to Tommy and tell him if he is faster to go on the outside to pass clean, or two is to get together and whenever he bumps you to spin you let him in front and teach Tommy boy how it is done. Another way is to stuff him into the wall every week until he runs out of money.

crazycabsracing
05-30-2005, 12:21 PM
motorhead, what you are suggesting is not gonna solve a thing. the first part of your response is right on but the second half??? everyone is saying someone is gonna get hurt then here you are suggesting that we drill him into the wall????what is that gonna solve the only thing that will happen is sponsors, fans,competitors and the officials are gonna get sick of the wrecks the damage and the cautions. if what you suggest does happen,watch how fast this division falls apart.we are racecar drivers,not demo derby competitors ...........and thats my 2 cents :mad:

LongIslandJam
05-30-2005, 12:44 PM
This looks like it will get out of hand by the sounds of this thread, so I'm closing it, but I'll sum it up.

Bottomline is, Tommy's a good driver and has a really fast car. He really does have these assets, and I don't think anyone questions that. One thing he does lack is patience. If he conquered that, he would be a Champion without a doubt. There's really nothing stopping him but his patience.

My suggestion for drivers here are to talk with Tommy. Don't come in a gang, nor come shouting at him, but have a casual chat with him. He's pretty approachable, so feel free to do so. You'll be surprised when you have a face-to-face chat with someone, you can clear the air often times and earn respect. If that doesn't work, then maybe alternative methods are needed. Not wrecking a guy, but definitely giving a guy a hard time (which can be easily done without wrecking a guy).

So in closing, talk with Tommy in a calm manner and try that first.