PDA

View Full Version : Moving Under Red

NJ Chick
05-31-2005, 10:02 PM
First off, great job to everyone yesterday, you all put on one heck of a show!
Congrats to the winners and to everyone that came out and gave it their all out there! :) :cool:

There is one issue I would like to mention though. In both divisions, some drivers still seem to have trouble finding the brake
pedal when a red flag is thrown. When a red flag is thrown, that means stop right where you are, not race to the start/finish line as fast as you can first and then stop. In all fairness, there should be a flagger between turns 3 and 4 even though there are lights in each of the corners. Moving under the red is not only dangerous, but it's certainly not fair to the drivers that are stopping when they should be. There is a two lap penalty for moving under the red. However, with so many cars out on the track, it's not always easy to spot every offender. Hopefully, at the next NEETS race, everyone will show respect for not only the rule, but also to your fellow drivers and do the right thing.....hit the brakes when the red is thrown.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Rich Johnson
06-01-2005, 12:55 AM
The turn 3/4 flagger is a good idea. When racing in that area, it is natural to look to the left and not see the lights untill we hit the front stretch.
Billy has said at past drivers meetings "Don't throw out the anchor"...
It seems that when I stop fast, I get SLAMMED.
Without rearview mirrors, you have no idea what is in store while stopping.
I have been warned about moving along with other cars and I apologize to those who feel offended...I just would like you to know that it is out of fear and just plain not realizing the flag was out. NOT to gain position.

RacinRich

rcp_ny
06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
I agree about the turn 3/4 thing.

I had much more difficulty noticing the red lights this time than I ever have before. I think it's because the sun was out for a change (4 cyl race). It makes them show up less. It's much easier to notice the flaggers' red flags... I think that's why you tend to see us stop in bunches in those areas.

- RCP