PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Dreams

88racer
06-01-2005, 11:00 PM
:) I would like to start off by announcing that we have a date scheduled for our first event of the year. It will be Sunday, July 31st at the NASCARE Neets enduro! :applause: The children joining us will be...

Kayla-age 12- and John-age 5! I'm very excited about meeting these two. I have to tell you, Kayla came to us as a direct result of the article by Geno!!!! :applause:

I have to thank Joan for allowing us to display the blanket we have for sale for Checkered Dreams at the photo booth. After seeing the blanket, Mac Brothers Racing came up with the awesome idea of having a blanket personalized with their team name and donating it to one of the kids. They have chosen to donate their blanet to Kayla, so if there is anyone interested in being a blanket sponsor for John please let me know. This is such a great idea, I love it and the kids will to. So a very, very special thanks goes out to Marissa, Jason and all of the Mac Brothers Racing Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:help: We could use your help on a few small issues. As always we are in need of used helmets, any condition. We have them repainted and they end up being a favorite part of the kids night.

We are also collecting Hershey wrappers and Bags. These will be used to get racing items either to use at the auction in January or give to the kids if possible. I have a collection box at the photo stand for your convience. Did you know Jolly Ranchers were made by Hershey?????

Thanks again to everyone for supporting Checkered Dreams and the kids.

If you would like to learn more please visit www.jackie88racing.com

Sue Ziegler
Checkered Dreams

pv18
06-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Sue,
I am the driver of the #18 small car and Thriller Verwys Family Racing entries. Also, on weekdays, I pay the bills as a sales rep in the Toy industry. We would be more than happy to donate some gifts for the children. If you can, please suggest some interests so I can make certain that the gifts are appropriate.

Great cause...Great Job!

88racer
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks, I'll get more info from the parents and get back to you. That's great.

Sue
2J Racing
Team 88
Checkered Dreams

Geno
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Be sure to have one of those blankets for me Friday!

Judging by the last event from October (despite the cold!), this one is sure to be another success. As racers, we often tend to forget how lucky we really are to enjoy what we do and why we do it. These types of things not only help the kids & their families with a ‘day off’ at the track, but help what is lately, the dwindling sport of local short track racing. Not to mention the look on the kid’s faces when they meet & greet the real drivers!

I’m looking forward to meeting these two youngsters and their families. It would also be nice to do more future events with Mountain and NEETS races in the future.

2j Late Model
06-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Mac Brothers Racing will help out any which way we can. We want to show the kids a good time at the track. We don't want them to have any worries when there around. I wish there was more that we could do. I will see if I could get some helmets together, and whatever else you need just let us know.

Jason 2j :wave: :wave:

NJ Chick
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Sue, I'd be happy to donate the cameras and make up photo albums for each child again this year if you want me too...or whatever else you might need?
Unfortunately, we don't have a used helmet :( However, I will be more than willing to help contribute by eating Hershey's candy for those wrappers.....mmmmmmm......chocolate..... :drool: :lol: :applause: :wave:

88racer
06-03-2005, 12:28 AM
:lol: lol, Cindy, you're too funny, but's that the response I was hoping for...eat away! Of course I would love you to make the albums again, they were beautiful!

:applause: As for Mac Brothers, I appreciate whatever you can dig up, that's great.

;) Geno, what can I say... You have been one of my biggest supporters since before I even met you. We appreciate you inviting us to Mountain last year and if it hadn't been for you I never could have pulled it together so quickly.

:) I'm just happy that we could find kids for that day since Billy has so graciously designated that day Checkered Dreams day. As you know $1. of each admission ticket goes towards funding these events and as this is our start up year, that will be a tremendous help.

Thanks again to everyone

Sue Ziegler
Checkered Dreams

pv18
06-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I will need to check this weekend, but I think I have an old helmet in a closet at my parents.

Please do not worry; I will make certain it is disinfected.

88racer
06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
lol :lol: Thanks, I'm sure the kids won't care but I bet the parents will appreciate it!!!!!!!!

Sue
Checkered Dreams