PDA

View Full Version : No Racing, so something to think about….

Geno
06-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Since we all have the night off from racing :disgusted , I would like to run a few things by everyone.

First, so far this season, Mountain has come a long way from last year. I believe it’s due to a number of things, but mainly the modifieds coming back, mixed with the close racing we’ve see so far.

Next, I have been trying to work a few companies into donating items for give-a-ways for the kids and other folks too. As you’re well aware, we have the baseball tickets, but one can only watch so much baseball! Seriously, thanks to the Red Barons & Reading Phillies for helping us out with them.

I’m looking more into the lines of balloons for the kids one night, ice cream another, etc. etc. I’m just thinking and typing, but it would be nice if any team(s), businesses, etc. would be interested in participating. Maybe a few team tee shirts to give out (we could ask questions about your stats or something??) :confused: At a minimum, you’d get a few plugs out of it. :D

So, short & sweet, give it a thought & let’s hear some replies (positive ones please!).

See everyone next Friday!

88racer
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
You would be suprised at how many banks, real estate offices and insurance compainies, etc are willing to give you handouts for kids. If each team was able to get an item from one such company that would probably take care of most of the season. You never know until you ask!

Also many places such as McDonald or Burger King etc will give coupons for small fries or something. Even if one team can't get enough. If a couple teams get something similiar they can be combined and used as a give away.

There was a team at MV that handed out a different giveaway for the 2003 season and the start of the 2004 season. We joined them about halfway thru 2003 and it was pretty cool to see how the kids looked forward to seeing what they were getting that week. They would have continued but were told to stop. It is important to get the fans wanting to come back. I believe we can accomplish the same thing with little or no cost to the teams or the track.

The following are two links where inexpensive handouts can be purchased.
http://www.orientaltrading.com
http://www.kippbro.com

Hope this helps
Sue
Team 88LM
Checkered Dreams

88racer
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok, I didn't want it to read like a book so I broke it up.......... :-B

How about something along of the lines of the most popular driver contest, but with no cost. :p

:cool: Each team would get coupons with their team name number and division on them. When a fan buys their ticket at the admissions both they turn in the drivers/teams ticket. A tally is kept and at the end of the season, the team with the most "votes" in each divisions will win some kind of prize. We can see about getting Restaurant Gift Certificates or something donated. Each team could copy as many tickets as they wanted. We could announce weekly, (Well Geno could announce) the standings to encourage teams to solicit fans. I know it's difficult for some people on Friday's but if we can get the Gift Cert. donated, it won't cost much to run. I would be happy to create the coupons.

What do you think......................

Sue
Team 88LM
Checkered Dreams :wave: