PDA

View Full Version : This week June 10th

NEETS-1
06-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Due to the rainout on June 3rd the Mod 3k to win event will be run this week June 10th along with the Tom Wharton Jr. Memorial Twin 15 races.
The format will be:
6pm Warm -ups- Thriller/SS/LM/Mods
7:30pm Heats- SS/Mods/LM/Thrillers (consis)
Features-Thriller 15/ SS 20/ Mod 40/ LM 25/ Thriller 15
NOTE; Due to the rainout and combination shows, time limits may be enforced at 1.5 minutes per lap depending on situations. (EX; 20 LAP EVENT = 30 MIN. TIME LIMIT).
Good luck to all and here's hoping for nice weather Friday.

2j Late Model
06-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I understand there is a time limit that we need to keep, but rushing through everything is just wrong and dangerous. Between warm ups, there is barly enough time to change a set of tires, besides shocks and springs now the way it is. Once people start rushing, that's when accidents happen, and someone gets hurt. When you call for warm ups and there is only one car there waiting to go, to bad for everyone else. Don't wait for everyone else to show up like we've been. Rushing the races, and cautions isn't the way to do it either. When there is SOMEONE on the track causing the cautions, use that black flag for a change. It's time to tighten up the rope a bit, and not just threaten them with it.

Jason 2j

Busted Knuckles
06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Billy, I need to agree with the 2J. I thought you said one of the great advantages of going Friday Nights is because of a no "Noise Curfew". I know you would like to respect the neighbors and keep the town counselors c:) ...but some of us older and slightly out of shape crew members need a little extra time. It's hard to change a tire while holding on to my walker. :help: If you're going to stick to your guns on this, then there should be enough time during the night to bring back the 8 cyl Thrillers to run a full schedule. I just think you should really think about what you're trying to do. Give it a shot and see what happens though. I've been to and ran a few NEETS races and will say that 99.9% of the drivers respect your every word but I feel rushing through a Friday night is only going to have drivers lose respect for you in this series. Cautions will happen and some accidents are unavoidable, but when you get that one or two racers that know their radiator is spewing "antifreeze" but insist on driving all around the track once, twice, three times, that's enough to boil my grits :mad: Don't take it out on your respectful racers!!! The above information is just MY2Cents.

NEETS-1
06-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I am not hurrying anything Jason...I merely stated I "may" enforce the rules you already have....read your rulebook. It states races are time limited to 1.5 minutes per lap. Again, I also stated "depending on situations".
The key words here are "may" and "depending". It depends on how the night is going....if the Mods have their helmet screwed on the wrong way and take an hour to get 3 laps in as they did earlier in the year....I may enforce the rules. or I may improvise or I may utilize any of the Race Directors powers to mend the situation.
I don't want any division to feel as they are getting cut short so please don't make it out as I am doing that. I want fairness for all....but I also don't want to get home at 3am either.
And BKnuckles....it will take as long as it takes. I will not rush anything until it becomes unreasonable. You have my word on that. Go polish your walker up nice for the race, lol.
Thanx a bunch,