PDA

View Full Version : Mahoning Enduro ?????????? What

Groho
06-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Well .........
If you want to waste your time, & waste your gas.. Just go to a Mahoning Valley Speedway Enduro.. ( or 3 ring ) ..
I was referred by a freind to go to this enduro on Sunday 6-12-05.
They said they needed more cars for the race, because the 1st enduro was not a real good turn out.. So I decided to run the race.. After preparing all week long to get the car ready, & finally getting it all done, only to get to the track for them to tell us the race was off... EXCUSE ME! They called the race off at 5 PM.... 4:30pm the gate was to open.. Well, when the race was called off, I went to count the cars. Over 20 cars before 5:15pm.. I am no race track owner, but-- If I had only 11 cars my first race & over 20 cars for my next race, I would have let them run.. Especially when all the drivers agreed to race for lower money.. Heck, they might have run for bragging rights... This was my first time ever to Mahoning Speedway.. Sorry to say & the last.. 1st impressions are hard to change... I race @ Mountain Speedway & the Neets tour. Tonight was the most Horrible show of a mis-organized, unprofessional, race track operation I have ever seen.. To tell people the night before on the phone & in person.. "YES" NO MATTER WHAT, THE ENDURO WILL RUN... Then change your mind??? One other great note... if there is no more enduro racing... Pappy won and made a low keyed sacrifice to keep the enduro racing going at MVS and not have the first one, the last one...I think they owe him something...It was an outrage what happened today..I feel bad for those that had to come from far away..
Ps : How did this track ever get the hall of famers from Flemington there??
I work in Flemington.. The people there do not operate like this & never will..
Good luck Racers.........
Groho

demoderby309
06-13-2005, 02:50 AM
They should have let it go to build up car counts. You cant just expect cars to show up.

Groho
06-13-2005, 08:01 AM
:confused: After I wrote the mvs Enduro Scandle.. I had read a rumor that they had plans from 3 pm to not have this race.... The car count was going to be around 31 cars total.. Plenty to run.. The big deal was about their insurance policy??? Hmmm..The kart racing had enough? Liability insurance is 24 hr policy.. not per race.. Not sure why they did it, But the forums on MVS site shows that most of the people are going to heading over to Mountain Speedway.
Would like to know what other people think about this & if they found out why they really did this???? :help:
Thanks
Groho

PS : GO TO N.E.E.T.S FORUM FOR MORE INFO ON THIS & REPLYS 6-13-05

Busted Knuckles
06-13-2005, 04:07 PM
You just couldn't wait until the Mountain Speedway Fire Cracker Smacker on July 3rd could ya! No, you had to build a car and head to MVS. You trader!! LOL Look at it this way, your car is done, there's nothing to fix or replace. See ya July 3rd at the best Enduro racing in PA!!

Richie
06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Woot must have called C.B. and told them he wasn't coming.

ccreyer
07-04-2005, 11:16 AM
here we go again mvs is going to try to run their enduros sat nights first one on sat the 9th cant wait to see how this turnes out