PDA

View Full Version : can something be done

2crew
06-13-2005, 08:10 AM
As I said in an earlier post, the turn two flagger is dangerous. This past weekend I saw him let a car out on the track after the green was thrown. I would not have a problem with this, but the cars had already completed a lap and were in turn one. Without even looking, he waived this car coming on the track in. I don't know about all the drivers, but I personally can not see on the track until I am on the track, and I, in that insistance, would rely on the official to wave me on when the coast is clear. He needs to be told about things like this. He had his back turned away from the track looking at the pits when the #18 thriller lost his tire and it rolled right by him. After a lot of pointing and screaming, he finally turned his head and saw the car in the wall, then back to looking in the pits he went. It was like he was in a daze. Like I said before, he is going to get hurt or end up getting someone else hurt. If no one has seen any of this, then just watch him next week and you will see what happens. :mad:

Can someone please tend to this matter?

Sorry about spelling if I spelled anything wrong, WJ.

PS Ii also have a radiator with a few holes in it for sale compliments of the 00 camaro thriller. $25 bucks OBO. :applause: :wave: :D

Busted Knuckles
06-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey 2Crew, you posted a note about drivers getting physicals making sure that they are fit to race, but what about the flaggers? Well, let me rephase that, the turn two flagger in particular. For the love of Hoosier, where is his mind during a race? I agree, something needs to be done. He is going to hurt someone :*-( plus himself. He never sAW the #18 Thriller's tire, or for that matter, the car slamming into the turn two wall. He was to busy watching the weeds grow. Then to be the hero, he runs after the smoking hot tire that is rolling down the track, grabs it with his bare hands, then realizes it's hot and burns his hands. Well - Duh!! If he is a paid employee, he should be let go FROM his duties, because this is the second or third week in a roW that he is not fulfilling his job requirements. If he is a volunteer, I believe "Meals on Wheels" are looking for Friday night help :wave: . 2Crew, it sounds like you know your stuff about the medical profession, do you think he may have A.D.D? Because he surely wonders off into La-La land :drool: This is just My2Cents.

NJ Chick
06-13-2005, 03:55 PM
LOL Busted Kuckles! :applause: But seriously, I agree, the man is going to get himself hurt or worse out there. He doesn't even stand behind the guard rail when the race is in progress. God forbid someone gets into a worse accident than Friday's was right there, how do you think a driver would feel if they hit the guy? He's got to get out of the trance like coma he's in and start paying attention or help out in some other way. I'd say weed cutting but that might be just as dangerous! :rolleyes:

2crew
06-13-2005, 04:40 PM
ADD?? I think he has something a whole lot more dangerous than that. Busted all i could think of when i read your post was Bill Engvall with "HERE'S YOUR SIGN" but thats not funny because he didnt even go over to the car and check if the driver was ok after his union break of looking at the pit stands. NJ CHICK I think selling the 50/50 tickets would be a good job for the turn 2 flagger and bring back the old official that was there, (i cant remember his name). The other guy that used to be there was ruff tuff and hard to bluff. It used to be funny watching people approach him with their pantys in a bunch and then he would walk them right back to where they came from with help even if needed. boy those where the days...................lol