PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.........

2j Late Model
06-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I know this doesn't happen to often at Mountain Speedway, but when it does, it would give us a chance to make it up. A few weeks ago, I was spun around and got the front clipped. I went into the pits, got repaired and came back out. I was 2 laps down. This accident happened on lap 2 and there is no way of making up laps. What would you guys think about having something like Nascar does with the lucky dog pass. We could call ours the puppy dog pass. This just has been something I have been thinking about. Like I said, it doesn't happen much, but it would be a help to us when it does.
Just a thought...............

Jason 2j

2j Late Model
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
112 views and no one has any thoughts about it? I guess it was a dumb idea. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jason 2j

NJ Chick
06-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Ummmm......Woof? :lol:

racedirector
06-16-2005, 03:18 PM
The lucky dog rule in NASCAR is a bad idea to start with and on the short tracks it's even worse. It would certainly lead to more cautions. Everybody would be helping your teammate or friend if they were a lap down. Losing laps doesn't happen all that often, you just happened to be on the short end of it that week.

Good luck this week and try to stay on the lead lap. :lol: :lol:

Ed Solt
Race Director

2j Late Model
06-16-2005, 04:09 PM
I understand it doesn't happen too often, so how would it cause more cautions then? Even if it was a friend or teamate that was a lap down, how would they bring out the caution? If they would spin someone out on purpose, they also get sent to the rear, and no one in their right mind would do that. I wouldn't think so, anyway. Also, is this a fact that it would bring out more cautions? Have you seen it done at other tracks? In a thirty lap short track race, if you go a lap down because of a crash, you may as well just pull off because you don't have a chance. Everyone wants Mountain to be on top, and sometimes some weird rules may need to apply. LOL

Jason 2j

monk
06-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Jason, give it up. It is a stupid idea. Most tracks don't even allow you back on the track if you go a lap down! Mountain only allows it because they use transponders. All it does is allow wrecked cars with bent ball joints and parts falling off them to get back in the race and be in the way.

NEETS-1
06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
That's not the only reason Monk.
There are myriads of scenarios, but I'll just give you one. You are in points...first lap or two you get a flat or something (no bent ball joint or parts falling off). You go off the track but go a lap down. Now you join the field and are say 16th. During the race a few fall out for motor/mechanical problems...then the big one, an accident takes out 3/4 cars, you are still a lap down but can still pull off a top ten finish and gather some valuable points.
I have seen cars get their lap back over the years...it is possible (hard but not impossible).
The thing of it is...it is all part of weekend racing. The "Puppy Dog" get yer lap back idea would not work too well, in my opinion. There are too many cautions in our short track racing...before ya know it, the guy that was 5 laps down in the race could pass a few cars in the last lap and win.
The "Lucky Dog" free pass was set up for NASCAR racing and rules with 43 cars on the track over 500 miles on a large track....not a good idea for a few cars on a 1/3 mile for 20 or 25 laps....besides, that would drive our transponder operator over the rainbow.
I do thank J-Mac for always thinking and trying to help out our sport....keep 'em coming Jason.