PDA

View Full Version : Transponders

EricaR
06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi Everyone!
I know that it is hard for some of you that work late on Fridays to get to the track and have enough time to unload and make first round of practice...BUT...I wanted to remind everyone how EXTERMELY IMPORTANT it is that you please come directly over to the office window and register your car with me and also pick up your transponder AS SOON AS YOU GET TO THE TRACK!!! Even if you have your own transponder, you still need to register it with me, and let me know that you are here to race.
At 6:30, registration closes and I am getting the heat line ups done to be posted before the drivers meeting. I have had numerous times that someone has come up to me after the meeting was over and asked why their car was not in the line up. When I ask them if they came to the window, the response was no. At that point I am supposed to start you in the back, but up until this point I have been trying to help out and re-do the line-ups. It is unfair to all of the other drivers in that division to have to come back over and re-check the board for the correct starting line-up.
Starting this week, if you are going to be late, please call the track and tell Joe to let me know that you WILL be there, that you are just running late, that way I can put you in the line up by handicapping points. If I don't hear from you and you show up after 6:30, you WILL BE PUT IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAT RACE. I don't want to be a hard a$$, but it's not fair to the drivers that were at the track on time. And it makes my job extremely difficult trying to hand out transponders and get heat races lined up when I have drivers running over last minute to register.
Thanks for your help in this matter, and see you all on Friday!! Erica