PDA

View Full Version : Wow

44chargerfan
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.easports.com/games/nascar06/videos.jsp?setID=First%20Look%20Trailer&resID=hi[/URL]

LongIslandJam
06-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Eye Candy... Looks fancy but the gameplay is probably going to be crappy. Too bad NASCAR Racing by Papyrus isn't made anymore:( Nothing beat their series of games.

Another interesting thing to think about. Why don't they make a Gran Turismo style of NASCAR games. Work your way up through different circuits, accumulate cash on the way up to make your dreams come true. The career mode in these EA games are way too easy and boring:(

unowho243
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I happen to like them I put it on the hardest level with no assists on THAT MAKES IT REAL FUN AND CHALLENGING! :applause:

P.S does Anyone race online In NASCAR SIM RACING for pc?

broz
06-16-2005, 05:58 PM
I'll not call myself an "authority", but I have been racing online for about 6 years now and can tell you one thing about EA Sports....

"EA Sports...It's in the NEXT patch"

They have NO clue when it somes to racing "SIMS" :mad: Now, they'll put together a nice "arcade" style game for you with lots of flash and pop, but unfortunately NASCAR sold themselves out to these idiots.
So as for seeing any real NASCAR "SIM" for the real racing enthusiast anytime soon, forget it. Go to your local retail outlet and buy Nascar Racing Season 2003 by Sierra. Still the best NASCAR-style "SIM" out there with plenty of "mods" available for it all over the NET. :applause:

Will say they did a neat little video presentation for their next bucket of a$$ they are getting ready to shove down our throats. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info though :wave: In no way am I "slamming" the post or the person who posted, I just have some real strong feelings about those nOObs over at EA :lol:

JunkYardRacer34
06-16-2005, 11:25 PM
They should have a game startin out all the way from say the enduro thru the mods and then on to the tour series.they should have like riverhead,thompson,stafford,mountane speedway and for bonus tracks like islip and freeport hidden in there with a weds race of westhampton like the old days.

BWR
06-17-2005, 06:10 AM
well they have thomspson track in it but waiting on some more

LongIslandJam
06-17-2005, 09:15 AM
I played Dirt to Daytona, and that was a good concept although still a little bit too easy and simple. But it had all the right ideas and was a ton of fun.

Phantom17
06-17-2005, 09:32 AM
There is a Whelen mod coming out for Nascar Racing 2003 very soon goto www.masgrafx.com and look under tucknut
And the us pits is already modding R factor before it is even released.
we shall not have to play crappy sims from EA or FIRST racing. Right now NR2003 is still the game to play!

art11758
06-17-2005, 10:16 AM
There was a thread about this on MSS back in May. I hunted and found it.
http://mssforum.chubbychica.com/index.php?showtopic=507&hl=playstation
Covers some interesting stuff plus things that only my kids understand. A "gamer" I am not. It's fun to watch them play though.

44chargerfan
06-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Eye Candy... Looks fancy but the gameplay is probably going to be crappy. Too bad NASCAR Racing by Papyrus isn't made anymore:( Nothing beat their series of games.

Another interesting thing to think about. Why don't they make a Gran Turismo style of NASCAR games. Work your way up through different circuits, accumulate cash on the way up to make your dreams come true. The career mode in these EA games are way too easy and boring:(

JA
EA has a game that is somewhat like this. It is called Need For Speed only difference is that instead of stock cars its street racing.

LongIslandJam
06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Need for Speed isn't real racing though. It's more of a fesitival. For the hardcore online racing enthusiast, NASCAR Racing 2003 by Papyrus will always be the choice of game.

44chargerfan
06-17-2005, 09:54 PM
If anyone races Nascar 2005 Chase for the Cup for PlayStation2 online. PM me so I can get your screen name and I can give you mine.