PDA

View Full Version : Mahoning R.O.C. and more..

BlingxBling
06-19-2005, 03:48 PM
After 2 rainouts....the show finally was able to race...

26 cars on a 1/4 mile track for 75 laps...just let your imagination run wild!!! For any of you all who did not make the trip this Saturday to Mahoning to watch the ROC boys in action...you definitely missed one helluva show. Congrats to Don Wagner for putting that car up front and staying there...beating Zane Zeiner (who took 2nd) by just a wee bit....and then Bobby Jones who took 3rd...God knows, you can not have racing without the hot heads...Eric Kocher and Tyler Hadyt providing entertainment for the crowd...during this moment, I was not sure if I was at an Ultimate Fighting match or was I actually at a race track. Poor sportsmanship on both of them, hope the official that Tyler threw to the ground is ok?! And I hope Eric realized that coming out of turn 4 he had a flat tire before any incident happened...also Pete Brittain and Troy Bollinger tangled, sending Pete Flying over top of Troy's front end of his car, typical racing incident, both acted professionally....but it also ended both of their evenings...Matt Hirshman provided some lovely racing..well, that was until somewhere about 1/2 way he was involved in an incident which left him spinning down the front stretch...Eric Beers was having car troubles throughout most of the 75 lap race, but he came back and won the 30 lap night cap....Brian Defebo provided a nice solid race, in both the 75 and 30 lapper....also showing that Mahoning is not a track that you can jump out in front and just lead...the competition is MUCH greater...... Lots and lots of fun...hopefully the ROC boys get to make a trip to Mountain in '06....

2 1/2 hours later the regular evening began...who knew that the late model feature would be minus 1/2 of their cars due to a lap 5 incident...nothing like seeing your entire outside row, plus a few others, slammed into each other and the wall on the front stretch. When the green came back out, I had to reverify with my fellow race watchers that it was a late model race I was watching, not a demolition derby...apart from like 4 cars...there wasn't a car out there that was not crunched and crashed and missing large amounts of sheet metal....Larry Fisher had his teal #19 out there...didn't appear to be running properly as he called it an early evening...hopefully the yellow and red 454x will be back in action next week, and we can see Larry running back up there with the group... Congrats to Pauly Koehler for finally getting that car into victory lane this year! The car was running good...even after he was involved in that lap 5 incident...the street stocks running a good race as well...the competition steps up..and you know this is the case when your points leader is trying to qualify in the consi, congrats to Dave Laubach for winning the street stocks...I saw Lori, who was happy as a clam as she ran to victory lane......the pro 4 cylinders putting on a great show...another incident providing entertainment like in the Ultimate fighting matches...Someone and Todd Baer showed what it's like to fight off and on the track....and there also was an incident on the backstetch which did require ambulance assistance, as Lisa Dietterich (spelling??) tangled with another car slamming into the the backstretch wall....hope all is well with her and that we will see her racing soon enough.

All and all...a great night out...just an update for you all who didn't make the trip....

demoderby309
06-19-2005, 04:23 PM
GREAT report Bling! :wave:

Lori/39x
06-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Bling...you never cease to amaze me!! That was down right perfect! hehe.

But Kevin Rex wasn't the one in the brawl on and off the track with Todd Baer...that would have been Mr. Marsh. Kevin Rex is a respectable driver with sportsmanship. Something has to be done with the on and off the track antics before someone is seriously injured. It's a darn shame :confused:

richardpetey
06-20-2005, 08:23 PM
What time did the cops show up?...................... :confused:
Two shows for the price of one......Saturday night at the fights and As the world turns left.............................. :eek:
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
P.S.............Thanks for the pics Lori and Congrats to Dave....... :cool:

Lori/39x
06-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi Uncle Petey!!

I'm typing a thank you from Dave...he's not much of a typist :rolleyes:

Heard you were at Riverhead this weekend- hope you had a great run. I'll get the details from our Missy tomorrow :)

Hope to see ya back at MVS soon!! And YES, I have evidence that you've been there this year :lol:

** Go to the fights and a race will break out **

Thanks again!
Lori

BlingxBling
06-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks Lori for the correction. I know Kevin and Todd were exchanging some paint and body language as they exited the track, it's hard to see past the officials, the cars, tow trucks, and people...it appeared to be Kevin....

Lori/39x
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
No problem, Bling. I just didn't want to see a nice guy get a black eye :)

It was great to see you a couple weeks ago! It was so nice of you to donate money to the Cancer Society in both my helmet and Dave's :) You're silly. hehehe. Hope to see you at Autograph Night (aka Kid's Night) this week!!! Aim towards the orange and black :rolleyes:

BlingxBling
06-23-2005, 10:29 AM
No problem Lori....I have come to realize that there are more people in this world that need that money more than I. I would just spend it on booze or something unnecessary....I am not sure if I will be there this weekend. The wine festival is on saturday at split rock and well...my condition may be not appropriate for a racing evening :lol: if I am there...I will find my way down to ya...