PDA

View Full Version : LongIslandJam.com: HELP WANTED

LongIslandJam
06-21-2005, 10:22 PM
The Jam has been doing great, but we're still just a bit away from being really great. The workload has taken its toll on all of us here, and we could use a little more help. The following positions are open:

Photo Editor - Riverhead Sunday Enduros: responsible for posting photos to the site. Photoshop & Frontpage/Dreamweaver knowledge is needed.

Photo Editor - EKRA: responsible for posting photos to the site. Photoshop & Frontpage/Dreamweaver knowledge is needed.

Photo Editor - LIKA: responsible for posting photos to the site. Photoshop & Frontpage/Dreamweaver knowledge is needed.

Ad Sales Representative: responsible for maintaining current accounts and developing new accounts. This IS a paying job and you will be granted a commission.

Programmer: Must have PHP, Flash, and mySQL knowledge.

If you can help, e-mail me at JAckley@longislandjam.com.

CJfilms
07-15-2005, 11:38 AM
If it helps any JA, I'm getting good with Photoshop. So if you want to use me to help edit any pics, just send them over to me along with the format you want and i can help out some. I'm learning Dreamweaver now, and its going slowly......... so when i at least learn how to post things right, i will let you know. MY email Saphien@hotmail.com has been upgraded to hold up to 2GB of info plus i have a cable modem, so there is no overwhelming my email account...

Good luck,
Joe the photo guy at mountain speedway

RGeeProductions
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
That would be great CJ. We have templates for each photographer and all you need to do is drag n drop photos, size them, center them, {possibly lighten/darken/contrast},then save at a compressed web size. Time is choosing which pictures to use. We will all get together when we get a few people interested so I can explain it to all. As for the page itself, Frontpage is easier for photo page, my opinion. I can make template page for event, then send it, and all that would have to be done is add the photos and thumbnail them. Sounds easy, huh. Well right now, I am doing all picking, editing, page creation and uploading. For Saturday shows and WMT, this is fine and I can handle, BUT, I do work too, 6-7 days a week and all my nights are devoted to this, and the flash banners you see on LIJam. Just been getting a bit much for me. Any help would ease the workload and is greatly appreciated!!!

Richie