PDA

View Full Version : Do anyone of you know: Anne Marie Meehan-Zima

LongIslandJam
06-24-2005, 11:48 AM
I got this e-mail from a lady named Julia Lewis. If any of you can help, post your memories and information here:

"Is there any way of finding out information pertaining to my mother and her racing days at the Riverhead Track? She raced at Riverhead for over 20 years. My mother was Anna Marie Meehan-Zima. She drove a Yellow 1969 Mustang. She had many trophies from her racing days. She raced with Sam Scibelli and his brothers. You see, I am adopted. I had searched for my mother for over 24 years. I was heartbroken when I was given the news that she died of Breast Cancer in 1987. Does anyone remember her? Would anyone be kind enough to tell me a memory about my mother, if at all possible? I know that she also searched for me when I turned eighteen. Yet, her disease took her before she found me. My Aunt Patty informed me that my mother would race at Riverhead while attending CW Post for her Criminal Law degree. She did graduate in 1986, but was never able to attend law school. I would really appreciate any help that you or your friends could give me. There is an empty place in my heart. Thanks.
Julia Lewis"

LongIslandJam
07-11-2005, 10:56 AM
UPDATE: I've been doing more research and this appears to be a drag racer. Does anyone know who might be able to help this lady with her quest to find information about her mother's drag racing?

demoderby309
07-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I got a PM that might also be related to that.

LongIslandJam
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
If you want, e-mail it to me. JAckley@longislandjam.com . Thanks!

jrussole
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I have been informed that my mother did the circuit races, and possible drag racing with her Mach 1 302, Yellow Ford Mustang 1969. Her racing number may have as well been 67 or 69, according to one of her neighbors. One of her friends had shared with me that racer, Shirley Muldowney was one of my mother arch rivals while on the track. This was before Shirley went national. I have tried to contact Ms. Muldowney to see if she may remember my mother or not. But have not received reply. So, I decided to reach out to the racing community again out on LI. Any memory will do of her. And it would be a dream to be able to hold one of her trophies one day. I heard she had many of them. I have tried to contact Sam Scibelli, who used to sponsor her, and whom she had raced with for over 20 years, but he has not replied as well.
Please, I am just a daughter wishing to know about her mother. The first one. I do not wish to tarnish her memory. I only wish to learn about her. The adoption agency has informed me that she tried to find me, too. She even left contact information for me. But this information was never granted to me.
Please share a memory of her with me? If you have one? Of her racing days? Or even of me? Or my father?
Here is a website of them:
http://homepages.longisland.com/jrussole/index.html
Any help would be appreciated.
Still trying,
Jules

jrussole
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi,
I met my sister for the first time this past week. She informed me that our mother's racing number was #13. I even saw pictures of her at the New York National's in or around 1972-1976, in her Grabber Yellow 351 Mustang! Gosh, she was sooo cool!
I was wondering if anyone has any photo's of the New York National's and/or footage? Nostaglia? Any and all advice appreciated!
WhewHoo!
Jules

randomrodder
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm thrilled to hear you have located information about your natural birth mother. Good lock finding out more information,

Godspeed.

Richie
04-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Julia; With the info you have given I would do a search for New York National Speedway. There are links to pictures and more from the old days on the web.

sobe
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
try dragracingimagery.com

edmatu
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi the only thing different is she did drag racing a national speed way, that is no longer open. She also belonged to a Ford sports car club that did solo events.
She did have a son and a daughter that I knew about but did not know about you, she never mentoned that.
I was there during her battle with cancer, and untill the end.

I will be glad to talk to you about her,

Ed...;)

RGeeProductions
02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi the only thing different is she did drag racing a national speed way, that is no longer open. She also belonged to a Ford sports car club that did solo events.
She did have a son and a daughter that I knew about but did not know about you, she never mentoned that.
I was there during her battle with cancer, and untill the end.

I will be glad to talk to you about her,

Ed...;)

NOTE: The member you posted this to is no longer a member here for some unknown reason.

RACENUT
02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
i seem to remember this person asking the same questions a few years ago.

RickFigure8
02-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Yup, I remember when she was first asking, when we figured out she was a drag racer by the car she mentioned she ran.