PDA

View Full Version : June 24th Results

Geno
06-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Balliet’s Country Corners Modifieds (30 laps)
Dave Pecko, Brian Defebo, Donny Hartzell, Don Wagner, Tim Santee, Wayne Szerencsits, Steven Reed, Mike Adams, Ernie Dengler, Brian MacQueen, Billy Swartz

Fast Lap: Dave Pecko, lap 4, 13.782
Hard Charger(s): Dave Pecko and Brian Defebo, 6 positions

Street Stock (20 laps)
Scott Meckes, Jim Yamelski, Paul Frantz, Eric Danyluk, Ron Bubala, Brad Kline, Mark Deysher, Robert Fink, JR Roth, Chip Wanamaker, Mike Schadder, Brad Barbush, Brian Labar, Frank Katona, John Labadia, Todd Barbush, Shaun Burd, Todd Ahner, Barry Gommer, Dan Casicioli

Fast Lap: Brad Barbush, lap 8, 16.060
Hard Charger: Mark Deysher, 10 positions

Thriller (20 laps, pending tech inspection)
Bill Price, Steve Shultz, Steve Hoffman, Richard Petey, Kevin Makarewicz, Marissa Nelmes, Howie Bott, Travis Tracy, Josh Oswald, Jim White Jr., Tony Hilliard, Pat Verwys DNS: Mark Paine

Fast Lap: Steve Hoffman, lap 15, 17.527
Hard Charger: Bill Price Jr, 9 positions

4 Cyl. Thriller (20 laps)
Travis Fisher, Joe Heintzelman, Bill Verwys Sr., Chris Walk, Dale Shoemaker, Chris Meker, Joe Grocholski, Justin Nesbitt, Fred Shotwell, Jimmy White, Jr.,

Fast Lap: Bill Verwys, Sr, lap 3, 18.725
Hard Charger: Joe Heintzelman, 8 positions

06-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Billy, I still think Sundays are the answer!!! Car counts are not Good.
Allow people from NY to come and Race. Don't get Mad, just listen sometimes.
I know you were able to do it. but if you can't get out of work in time, you cannot make it, only trying to help.

EricaR
06-25-2005, 02:11 AM
I wanted to update you of the official Thriller finish for tonight's feature.
1- 00 Steve Hoffman
2- 43 Richard Petey
3- 830 Kevin Makarewicz
4- 2AM Marissa Nelmes
5- 75 Howie Bott
6- 9T Travis Tracy
7- 17 Josh Oswald
8- 17J James White
9- 44 Tony Hilliard
10- 18 Pat Verwys
11- 72 Mark Paine (DNS)
12- 00X Bill Price (DQ)
13- 25 Steve Shultz (DQ)

Geno
06-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Thanks Erica! Guess you know the tech guy? :lol:

wshultz
06-25-2005, 02:44 AM
The thing with Sunday racing is it gets toO hot for us track workers and the drivers. Night racing is the best I think... :p

jm31
06-25-2005, 08:14 AM
I think Sunday shows would be the best. Not too many people have 9 to 5 Monday through Friday jobs anymore. I know, because I am one of them. By the time I get home from work on Saturdays, it's too late to make MVS... and forget Fridays....I have a 4 am start on Saturdays...
I agree with 1111. Having moved to PA from LI a year ago, I would bet if the Mountain had Sunday shows, you would get some guys from Riverhead. The car counts would go up.. I remember way back...we used to finish Saturday night at Freeport, then head up to White Lake on Sunday, with a bunch of other Bombers... what a great time we used to have

06-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I realize Temps would be higher, but no cars, no people, no track. Just look at the last Sunday that was run, I believe there were 20+ Mods,18+ Late Models. If I remember correctly, all the divisions were full, now it's back to low car counts. Common Sense. Numbers tell the story.
Not bashing, just trying to help.

jm31
06-25-2005, 11:28 AM
What do the NEXTEL Cup guys do on a hot and humid Sunday? Good car counts and full stands...sounds like a home run. Why not try it?

NEETS-1
06-25-2005, 12:24 PM
We go back to Sundays in September...let's watch it and see. The early season Sundays were not that great compared to the Friday night shows.The only thing I do agree on is it is Mad Hot on a Sunday afternoon in parts of June, July, August and parts of September....I go home after every race with my face as red as cathouse lightbulb.

jm31
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
That's fair. I'm looking forward to it. It has been a long time since I have seen a show, because of that "work" thing. All I know is when Sundays start again there will be at least 4 more people in the stands...
Thanks for listening, Bill

06-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Billy, again, I am not picking, but you seem to have answers to everything somebody suggests to you, maybe at some point listening would be a good thing. And yes, alway's the first couple of races, people are not ready.

The numbers tell the story, wether you listen or not.

Again, only trying to help.

(At least I recognize and ANSWER unlike others) Maybe you say what you say because my answer is not what you want to hear??? Billy B.

Racing Rebel
06-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Let's get back to the thread title.......June 24th results!! :wave:
Just a quick question.......I'am assumming that the DQ'd cars don't "Qualify" for fast laps and hard charger so will there be new ones posted??? :confused:

Geno
06-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Yepper, you are correct. The fast lap is the same (Steve Hoffman), and the hard charger is K-Mac (6 spots). It's also that way in the press release.

See you Friday (hey, Sunday too!) :applause:

Racing Rebel
06-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey Geno---I wanted an answer, not necessarily right this minute. :eek: Thanks for the quick response. :applause: I can see that all of us race car drivers/followers have something in common----we all have nothing better to do on a Saturday night but sit on the computer and chit-chat about the previous nights race :rolleyes: How sad :*-( Anywho----thanks for the update.

06-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Billy, again, I am not picking, but you seem to have answers to everything somebody suggests to you, maybe at some point listening would be a good thing. And yes, alway's the first couple of races, people are not ready.

The numbers tell the story, wether you listen or not.

Again, only trying to help.

(At least I recognize and ANSWER unlike others) Maybe you say what you say because my answer is not what you want to hear??? Billy B.

Billy, It's not what I want to hear. I want to help. I want to see full car counts. I been racing for 18 years, but numbers tell the story, no bull sh1t.
you had a poll, the numbers were for Sunday. You said, Poll does not tell the story, only a couple of people voting. My point! Car Counts. What were the last Car counts on the last Sunday??

Numbers ????

Again Billy, I will alway's help the track.

wshultz
06-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Only Sunday racing I would like is Sunday night racing? better for you 1111? Afternoon racing is no fun plus it's tOo hot.

BlingxBling
06-27-2005, 09:39 AM
I disagree with Sunday racing...the car counts were even less then. Heck there are tracks that race on Wednesday and pull in some pretty unusually high car counts. I really haven't investigated, but are the track rules at Mountain similar to the ones at Mahoning? I am still trying to figure out as to why there is not as many late models and mods at Mountain. If the crew that runs at Mahoning were to race at Mountain and the ones at Mountain race at Mahoning...Dear jesus!!!, we all would be in for a show....No offense, but I don't think NY has what it takes to bring a collection of racers here....Lehighton is where all those racers are at....and no I am not referring to the other track, I mean I do not have enough fingers and toes to count all of the ones I know from down there...So the question is, who is doing what wrong that is prohibiting both track racers from intermingling? (is that even a word?! hahaha)... :confused: :confused: :confused:

06-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Bling, I don't know where you were, but the last Sunday that ran, There were 27 Mods on hand???I beleive 18 Late Models. I do agree for trying to work something out with MVS. But that has not seem to work in 20 years.

ladydriver
06-27-2005, 07:17 PM
hey billy
it is true about sundays , you did have bigger car counts and fan counts too, and you are right it is stinking hot !!! but there has to be a happy medium some where? just look at us we haven`t made 3 weeks of racing because of work/ traffic and the way things are already going it will be unlikely we will make this week either!! sorry but cant keep taking off work to race , (theres a thing called a mortgage that has to be paid every month!!!)and other bills too!! :( but billy i do need to talk to you about the wall cars) , where and if they can race next year? :confused: they are mostly from jersey and wont be able to make it on fridays!! all i know there will be alot of boat anchors for sale cheap when wall closes!!! but i do have to say there were 26 mods, 25pro-stocks(imca type mods) ,28 streetstocks, 12 trucks, 16 factory stocks, and last 28 ledgends!!! thats 135 cars and 6 divisions of racing races started at 7pm and the last feature was over at 12:30 am, heats and consi`s too!! it would be nice to go back to saturdays but thats wishful thinking !! although none of these divsions run at mv so saturdays might work?? or maybe a friday show with the regulars and a saturday show for for the wall cars ??? :applause: mountain has a gold mine and as soon as wall closes it will be the only paved track on the east coast unless you want to run at mv go cart track??!!billy i would be happy to help you make it happen for a small fee LOL (your jersey shore connection) call
thanx r collins

jm31
06-27-2005, 10:02 PM
First off, I think it is refreshing for a race director to take the time and listen to drivers, crew, fans and the like. Unlike the only LI track that only cares about the almighty dollar. I have not been to Mountain (I work late on fridays and have to work saturdays), but I am looking forward to this sunday's enduro. After being involved racing from when I was a kid at Freeport, to leaving the mods at Riverhead (after my son was born), my wife and I have been trying to get back into it since we moved up here last year. Last saturday, I left work early and managed to get to Mahoning just as the features were getting started. We enjoyed the hell out of it. It was like we never left, though it has been 9 years. My son was at the edge of his seat, and could not believe that we once had a mod in the driveway. Of course, the Sunday racing thing for me is biased, but here is another thing to kick around...I remember my father telling me that Freeport and I think Islip ran a show on wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I guess thats when racing was a hell of a lot cheaper. But he told me that there never was an empty seat any night. Sunday afternoons can be extremely hot, i know, but I remember at Riverhead, being in the pits at 3 pm in august on a saturday was like being in hell. They did not let us have those pop-up cabana things. If you have ever been to Riverhead, you know there is no shade anywhere.
Oh well, I've said enough. One more thing. We are looking forward to the enduro this sunday, and might even be able to field a car for the labor day enduro. Also, Billy, if you need something at the track, just shoot me an email. I would be glad to help where I can..
See y'all sunday......

BlingxBling
06-29-2005, 07:45 PM
1111 well of course on Sun May 1 there was ALOT of mods there...ahh but you do recall what the day before was right? ROC...rained out from Mahoning....any time the ROC'ers come to town usually benefits for all local tracks racing on seperate evenings. Trust me, I would like nothing more than to see the Mountain become a golden track again, mostly because Billy B ROCKS!!!

Lady driver...that is a good idea, I mean about other divisions...

I say tear up the asphalt and bring on the DIRT!!