PDA

View Full Version : 6/25 Thoughts

modified_fan
06-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Ok Guys and Gals......just some ramblings to get some convo going here....

1. Great Job #1 Sal!

In life we seldom get do overs and I so felt for you, watching you in the pits last week after your mechanical misfortune. Well you got a bit of redemption last night driving one heck of a race. Way to go!

2. Great Job #2 John D!

It can't be easy being you. I grew up being 'da bosses son' also. The difference is the spotlight you are in is so much bigger, and certainly we can see the naysayers on this board wanting to get at your pop through you.

I've pondered many times what I'd have done if I was in your seat when Tommy R was using his 6 as a weapon into your pride and joy.

Regardless, great job holding tough last night!

3. Aren't heat races fun! Last year we saw Kenny V get up close and personal with the pole on turn 1.

Well, sitting in the pit stands and seeing that brake piece come flying in my direction was cool! Cool cuz I was way up high. Now for you standing on the fence racing to get out of the way like the way heads turn when a cute lass's tush wiggles through the pits (ok....perhaps a bad illusion......but what the hey....right JA?), your hearts had to skip a beat.

Anyone have a better view of how it exactly happened? The field was quite active jostling about in 1 going into 2.....dunno how the 49 and 36 got together sucking the 20 into harms way and accordian central. Great job getting that car fixed, Mr. Park!

4. Johnny Bush

Dang....what a rough night he had. I don't know the guy but do get a kick out of seeing him and his son bonding weekly in the pits. My oldest son's interest in racing is the reason why I'm involved as a major sponsor, and not some part time spectator, and so I like seeing them about...as I do the numerous other families you all have that do likewise at our track.

OK....he's spilling something in his heat. He gets sucked up with the 96 and 10, making loving play tit for tat, and spins out. Poor Kenny D trying to just have a decent effort gets taken out not being able to miss his front going around turn 4.

Oh.....and then he spills out enough fluid to start a skating rink midway through the feature. Those LONG cleanups do S@*K. Hopefully next week will be better and LESS eventful for him.

5. Wayne

Dang....dunno if my mind is playing the theme to Jaws......or thinking bout Randy Quaid in the '96 flick Independence Day flying his plane into the suicidal destruction of the alien warship yelling....."I'm BACK".

Way to go Boss!

Ok....Ok....nuff ramblings for one week.