PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the 00?

Gravel
06-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know why the 00 was put to the end after the last caution?
Bob Finan said he was rough riding, but he was at least 4-5 cars back from the last incident. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

robert_5_42_car
06-27-2005, 04:19 PM
maybe if he did not hit the 42 he would not (HAVE) been sent to the back. And that's all i'VE got to say. :mad:

unowho243
06-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Not to stir anything but but...... Its about time

MalvertyRacing
06-27-2005, 06:19 PM
good for the 00 :applause:

Gravel
06-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm not defending him, but if he was to be put back, he should have been put back after the first incident. The second one he was nowhere near. Is he rough? Absolutely. But fair is fair. Maybe he should have been put back weeks ago. Just a thought.

speedracer
06-27-2005, 07:58 PM
It Was Nice To See The Powers Within Do The Right Thing For Once. It Took Them Long Enough To Do It.

Rich Johnson
06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
It looked like he saw an opening and went for it...The opening closed up.
In a 20 lap race, you have to look for openings if you want to win races.
Sometimes you are a hero...Sometimes you are the 00.
I don't think Tommy was "gunning" for Wayne.
Being put back the second time seemed to be in spite.
If you don't like Tommy enjoy this moment.
Like him OR not...he will win more races.

RACINRICH

Golf Guy
06-27-2005, 09:26 PM
I agree with Rich, you can argue that he tried for an opening tOo early and could have been more patient. But After being put in the back for that, he worked his way up to 7th or 8th, only to be put in the back again, for what?

BWR
06-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!! Last Year It Was Eugene That Everyone Was Complaining About!!!!now That Eugene Is Not Racing :( :*-( Everyone Now Needs To Complain About Someone Else.like It Or Not Tommy Is Going To Be Up There Every Week. :d

robert_5_42_car
06-28-2005, 02:18 PM
That's good he's up there every week. But when he's not he pushes other drivers out of the way. What, his car not fast ***** to go around? :confused:

DELETED ,***** NOT a WORD!

RacinRob
06-28-2005, 03:25 PM
First off let me say that Wayne Meyer got a raw deal....BUT on a short track like riverhead in a 20 lap race its almost impossible not to use your bumper. It's a shame because everytime something happens to Wayne it seems like the 00 is involved, probably coincidence but still unfortunate.

The Bullfather
06-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Did someone check to see if #00 has an open rear end??? hahahahahaha

Kidding aside, "The Wild Child" is just that, wild! He is amazing to watch, you can't tell me you don't watch him to see what next move he makes! Will he go high or will he go low. Does he bump? Yep! :wave:
I miss Eugene! :rolleyes:

cheif42
06-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Well yes tommy got us again!!! But the problem is that its not just us. If you'rE a slow car that he can just walk around, you'rE safe. But if you'rE even near as fast as him, and he has to work to get around, watch out! He won't go to the outside, he would rather plow you out of the way. It's about time he got set down, but he still finished ahead of the 42. Hopefully, someone at tHE track will finally get sick of it and sit him for a week or two!!! :mad:

wayne
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm just gonna quickly add my two cents. I know tommy BOY didn't dump me on purpose. I also know he never lifted !!!!!!! We were 4 or 5 laps into it. He could have at least given me an inch. But he didn't. I think he has the best car and motor money can buy. Why he drives that way, I don't know. I understand that it was a racing thing and that's fine. But what got me fired up was when he said that if I hadn't been so slow, he wouldn't of (HAVE!) had to dump me. WHAT.........I didn't think I was doing so bad with a $1,000 dollar motor that I built out of a book, and the same 4 tires that I have been running on, every practice, heat and feature since the second week! If I didn't have those two bad weeks, I'd be fourth or fifth in points. As far as being slow, everybody is slower than him. He is the fastest car in bb. But lack of patienCE is killing his racing. He won't win a championship!!!! Tommy, it's ok to come out of your pit stall next time and talk. DONT BE SCARED!!!

Golf Guy
06-28-2005, 09:49 PM
First off, Wayne, I was standing there when Tommy said get faster. He said "get faster and you will not have to worry about me, because I'll never catch you." (not dump you) Secondly, next time you come over to talk to him, why don't you leave you pack of 15-20 people and mob mentality behind and talk to him one on one?

wayne
06-28-2005, 10:23 PM
I know what he said! and believe me im not worried about Tommy. The mob I did not bring. I didn't tell anyone I was going over there. I don't know where they came from. They were mostly drivers and crew that want so badly to see Tom get his butT whipped. He always has an excuse or always blames everyone else for his crap. If he would have said Wayne, I'm sorry, there was no where to go, or sorry, it was a racing thing. That would have been ok, but he ran his mouth. That's why i went after him. And again, at the end of the night, I tried to talk to him, but he wasn't havin' it. I don't know if he doesn't have a computer or chooses not to post .
But Golf Guy, I'm glad your stickin' up for him. :D

KickItUp
06-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I think that TW is a great driver, with the best equipment.. There is no need for him to drive the way he does, most times.. That to me is just showing off.. Well, when you are hurting others in the process of showing off, just makes him look like an idiot, and if he chooses to do so, then so be it.. Instead of having a reputation of being an awesome driver, he has the rep of being a loser who is fast, dangerous, and out of control.. That makes him look not smart at all.. And he makes that choice to be not smart every week, no one else, or their cars or speed has anything to do with it...
As for him telling the 42 to get faster.. LOL.. many of the BB drivers don't have the $15,000 to sink into their cars like some others do.. And personally, I feel that the bigger $$ cars out there have a hard time swallowing the fact that many of the no budget teams are out there competing competitively with them.. I have discussed this with a few of those lower budget teams.. Just watch the racing, if you want to call it that, these days..
Now if the 00 did say, (and I don't doubt it), that if the 42 wasn't so slow he wouldn't have had to dump him.. Since when is dumping slower cars racing to begin with?? Race, racing.. means to race, not dump, or move out of the way.. I saw quite a bit of moving this weekend, in the 9 laps they ran.. Seems no one in the top 4 was giving anyone else out there a chance to race, or even move out of the way.. It looked like, here I am, 1st in points, move out of my way.. (giving an example)..
The BB races this year have been a disgrace. And it's a few drivers out there who are so much faster than everyone else just dumping their way thru the field. Real classy way to win, whether it be points, or wins, or whatever..
Best of luck to those still left in this class.. As it shrinks with each passing week...

LongIslandJam
06-29-2005, 05:51 AM
This topic is getting closed as it's becoming a personal thing, rather than a racing thing.

Bottomline is that Tommy tried once again to force an opening for a three-wide situation and Wayne got the brunt of it. Tommy does have the best of everything, just lacking the one key ingredient - patience. If he improves upon that (which can be patient sometimes), he will be a champ contender, without a doubt.