PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's "Entertainment"

Jones44
06-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Does anyone remember the name of the guy who sang the National Anthem and God Bless America saturday night? I'd like to go to his website and let him know what I thought of the performances.

racing#s
06-27-2005, 08:09 AM
He's on tour right now with American Idols William Hung....

The Bullfather
06-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Did he just try out for American Idol or did he actually make the top 12? Either way, I know why he was voted off!

allhailunc
06-27-2005, 08:55 AM
While he did have a very nice voice to me the National Anthem should be sung correctly,no "jazzing" it up or changing the tempo/tone just sing it like it was meant to be sung with "respect". :(

Jones44
06-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Whatever his name was, I could not help but shake my head in disgust during both songs. In my opinion, any performer who adds to/changes either song in any way shows a complete lack of respect for the songs and what they mean. Give me Robert Merrill or Ronan Tynan any day.

The Bullfather
06-27-2005, 10:43 AM
He also left out a word here or there! i.e. "The", "And" also "Or"! :lol:

*rAcIn CuTiE*
06-27-2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.marcosbrinson.com/index.html

DAN D.
06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
I was not there that night but it sounds like it was not well appreciated. upon opening his website thanks to Racin Cutie. It says some of these highlights plus more:

1.That he is a native of New York and North Carolina? can you be a native of 2 places?
2. His music all comes from truth and meaning.
3.He has a goal to offer something a little different
I guess there is more but this is from his website introduction.
NICE WEB SITE THO>>>>????

Jones44
06-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks RacinCutie. I hope those of you (like myself) who didn't appreciate Mr. Brinson's performance will write and let him know!

*rAcIn CuTiE*
06-27-2005, 03:41 PM
No problem

I am just going to keep it like this, if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all-lol :p

But really, I am not positive but I believe he is involved with the FOP and they brought him in, I am not sure though. I didn’t care for his performance, missed the second one and I was concentrating on driving during the first one, its scary to have 5 cop cars tailing you and like 18 all around-lol

The Bullfather
06-27-2005, 03:53 PM
His website do not mention anything about American Idol! Riverhead Raceway kept announcing, for weeks, He was from American Idol. I thought we'd have Carrie Underwood or Bo Bice! :applause: Yes, I was sucked into watching the show! It was with the family and I picked at every mistake! Man, I felt like Walter! LOL Just Kidding! :lol:

allhailunc
06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Racin cutie-that was very diplomatic(your statement :lol: )and as for being "tailed by 5 cops cars with lights flashing-you handled that well too,but you must understand how some of us felt seeing that many cop cars and not being in the back seat of one(lol) :wave:

BWR
06-28-2005, 02:13 AM
HEY UNC I MISSED THE TRAIN GANG AGAIN.... :lol:

LongIslandJam
06-28-2005, 07:24 AM
I actually didn't think the performance was that bad. Some of the best musicians out there have "jazzed up" the anthem. Just look at Jimi Hendrix, guitar master and his rendition of the star spangled banner. Just simply awesome and it's definitely not text book.

44chargerfan
06-28-2005, 09:23 AM
But also Hendrix's version of the Star Spangled Banner(yes, i have heard it :rolleyes: ) the way he played it was different. Hendrix played it like he normally played. It sounds like this guy was just signing diffErently than normal.