PDA

View Full Version : Kid’s bike night

Geno
06-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I was supposed to talk about this at Friday’s drivers meeting, but everyone dismissed too early :lol:

So, we’ll try again this Friday.

Here’s the plan: Someone from a street stock team thought of this idea & I thought it was a good one. They suggested that several teams chip in a few bucks to but 2-16” bikes (one boy & one girl bike). Not looking for anything huge, just 10 bucks or so. When the young fans come in the gate, we’ll have them fill out a slip (or give a 50/50 type ticket). They’ll put their ticket in a bucket, marked boy & girl. At intermission a ticket will be pulled from each bucket & the lucky youngster will win a bike. :applause:

Now, how do I participate you ask? :confused:
There is a form to sign at the photo booth. You can also drop your donation off there. If we have enough interest and/or extra money, we’ll do the same in a few weeks for 20” bikes.

Last, all teams who participate will receive ‘on air’ coverage of their team, along with recognition in the press release.

What I don’t want to hear in response is ‘what is the track doing for this?’ This promotion is all about the driver/fan interaction. I am working with Joe and Billy, along with our modified sponsor on other promotions, including free passes, gift certificates, etc. I’m not sure if you all realize the fan base, but as you cruise down the front stretch next time out, look to your right & then think of the same view, but last season!

Time to end the book, but to let you know, we already have three teams interested. The first bike night giveaway will be in 2 or 3 weeks.

See everyone Friday :wave:

NJ Chick
06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Count us in Geno, I think it's a wonderful idea!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

2j Late Model
06-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Geno,

You can count on Mac Brothers Racing for this, what a great idea. We try to do what we can with everything at the track. It doesn't always need to be supported by the track to bring in more fans. We'll take care of it on Friday.

Jason 2j :wave: :wave:

richardpetey
06-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Just what I need!........Get run over by two more kids on (WHEELS)bikes, hehe................. :rolleyes:
Call me when you have a Harley night................. :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

wshultz
06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Sounds like a wounderful idea geno! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

88racer
06-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Geno, I got the tennis balls!

Guess they pale in comparison though :*-( :lol:

See you Friday

Sue
Team 88LM

Geno
06-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys (and girls)

Yeah, I also like the bike idea, but can’t take credit for it, just passing the idea along :D

Great Sue, thanks! Actually, I talked a little about the tennis ball idea on Friday during one of the street stock cautions. Joe agreed to give away two grandstand passes. We’ll explain that sometime this week on here…probably start off with the Late Models for the first time around, and switch divisions on a weekly basis.

Geno
07-02-2005, 03:19 AM
The bike give-a-way should begin in two weeks. If you don't know how to become involved, please visit the photo booth (and if you want photos and programs, visit the booth too :p )

Just wanted to say thanks to a number of people and teams for their contributions so far for the bike give-a-ways. Also, we'd like to thank Sue Yamelski for the idea!

Hoffman Racing #20 LM
Bott Racing #75 TH
Yamelski Racing #9 SS
Kline Motorsports #23 SS & #22 LM
Joe Cutri, 'the photo guy'
Joan Dancho, 'the program lady'
Billy B.
Uncle Petey's Racing #43 TH

Thanks again for the support & looks like this will go on for a few weeks at min. :applause:

wshultz
07-02-2005, 03:31 AM
What kind of bike? :rolleyes: :lol:

Geno
07-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks to Rich Curtis from CUBE Auto Supply & Recreation, crew chief and sponsor of modified standout Dave Pecko, the Kid’s Bike Night will start this Friday. Rich and the team has agreed to purchase a girls and boys bike to kick off the bike give-a-way. :p

Rich, like many other Mountain teams expressed the support that their team has for their speedway. Rich Noted, “Although we are relative newcomers to the facility, our team has been running well at Mountain Speedway. Our team has discussed this and would like to give something back to help promote the track.”

All funds generated by other teams, drivers and speedway staff so far, will be used for upcoming bike nights. Hopefully this will become a weekly contest throughout the rest of the season. Of course, everyone’s support is really appreciated. :applause:

The give a way is for two 16" kids bikes (one boys & one girls) for ages six and under, who are admitted free to the grandstands.

We are also looking for someone to help the children (girls or boys who are 6 and under) fill out their name on a ballot & put it into the boys or girls ballot box. If interested in helping, please email gjtost@bwkip.com

Sorry Petey...no Harley's yet :rolleyes:

toots
07-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Geno, I will speak for myself and Joe Cutri. I am sure the children can fill out the ballots at the photo/program booth if you would like. Most of them visit us on a weekly basis anyhow. Joe and I are willing to help out in any way that we can. Also DRIVERS- Don't forget to get those donations in at the booth. NO Donation will be turned down. Let's turn this idea into something great for the kid's.

Racing Rebel
07-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Maybe this wouldn't be as personalized but instead of the little tikes filling out entries why can't they just be given 50/50 type tickets and pick a winning number. Their name will be announced after receiving the bike and it wouldn't be as difficult getting them to fill out little forms. Just a thought.

wshultz
07-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I agree with you on that, it would be easier. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Geno
07-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey, thanks! :applause:

That'll work. It might be a good idea to have them put their name on the back though, or it may end up like the 50/50 at times...calling numbers all night.

88racer
07-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Two things.... Firstly, Joan, Geno, someone please remind me on Friday about making our donation. My head is so many places I forgot, Thanks!!! :p

And secondly...at the other tracks I've seen this done the kids filling out the papers works fine. The parent get settled then the kids drag them back to fill out the papers, trust me they won't let them forget :lol: But if you do do the tickets, I would put their names on them, just in case. All they really need is their name, since it's being done at intermission, and most that age can write that much themselves.

Ok, I guess there are three thing, :lol: Maybe I missed this info and if so, I'm sorry, but will we be doing different age group weekly or just this one??? :confused:

THanks
Sue

Geno
07-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, looks like by the photo booth it is then! I'll try to make up some ballot-type thing for them to fill out.

Sue, I thought about the different age groups, but I put the age in the press release because of the size of the bikes (16"). Actually, I guess any kids can enter, as long as they're short. :lol:

88racer
07-06-2005, 06:17 PM
:) THanks Geno, Just wondering.

Sue :p

Geno
07-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks to the following teams, etc. for their donations so far this season:
Yamelski Racing #9, Hoffman Racing #20, Bott Racing #75, Uncle Petey's Racing #43, Paine Racing #72, BDR Racing #42, Fisher Racing #19/#8, Heintzelman Racing #18, Jackie Ziegler #88, track photographer: Joe Cutri, track programs: Joan Dancho and speedway co-promoter, Billy Bartley (and…didn’t wanna mention in release, but me too).

We have two 16” bikes for this Friday (in my garage, prepped & ready to ride) thanks to:
D&W Transportation, Heffy's Fast Fill, V&R Towing, Phoenix Enterprises and Sokol Racing #04.

Any children, ages 9 or younger are eligible to sign up at the photo booth for the 16” bikes with training wheels (sorry Petey, LOL). As always, the give-a-way is free of charge for the kids.

Remember, we’ll do this as long as it’s supported. So far we have enough money left over for one more bike after this coming Friday.

Any Mountain Speedway team, sponsors and staff who would like to participate, are urged to give their monetary donation at the photo booth at anytime during race day.

Geno
08-01-2005, 08:45 PM
A few more to add to the list are Verwys Family Racing and Kevin Green…thanks!

Special thanks to Friday night’s four-cylinder thriller feature winner, Joe Grocholski. Joe donated his entire 1st place check toward the bike give-a-ways. Thanks Joe!

This Friday (8-5-05) we’ll be giving away two 20” bicycles to the lucky children who are 12 or younger.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this so far. :applause: :applause: If you think the kids don’t enjoy it, check out the pictures of the children from last week on the Mountain site. :)