PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see sing the National Anthem?

RGeeProductions
06-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Seems quite a few were not too pleased with the rendition of our National Anthem this past week. Who would you like to see at the track to present this? If you want someone else, still pick #8 above to keep tabs and this poll accepts multiple choices also, like this impossible combo of Broz and Jimmy (http://longislandjam.com/jokes/Files/jimnbrozduet.jpg) or the highs and lows of Vinny and Buddy (http://longislandjam.com/jokes/Files/vinnbuddy.jpg) or the new racing quintet, The Drivin' Fools (http://longislandjam.com/jokes/Files/drivinfools.jpg)!!!!

Fat Albert
06-27-2005, 11:22 PM
I'll nominate Tom Meade, my nephew, to sing the national anthem. He sings it occassionally at Long Island Ducks game. He has sung at Riverhead in the past and in my opinion, he sings the best rendition of the anthem that I've ever heard. Not that I'm prejudiced, or anything...well maybe a little. I didn't hear this past weeks' rendition, so I won't comment on it

Rich Johnson
06-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Doug Wholey !

RacinRich

DAN D.
06-28-2005, 12:55 AM
I second racin riches choice,

allhailunc
06-28-2005, 05:31 AM
You want to know who did one hell of job on more than 1 occassion-the Halpin brothers-Hey Tim/Steve you available?

PS. RGee-my singing days are long over-as for the other half, I can't say, but at least he knows the words.

Jones44
06-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Pairing us with Jimmy Spencer? That might be fun LOL. Lost a lot of respect for him when he made his comments about Jr. in '01, but now I kinda like the guy.. without Ward Burton in NASCAR, Jimmy is the #1 anti-Toyota guy. :D But I agree with allhailunc, the Halpin rendition of the anthem wasn't half bad....

44chargerfan
06-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin with Jimmy Page on guitar playin in like Hendrix. lol :) :p :lol: :lol:

DAN D.
06-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I think Kate Smith would be a good choice .
or Judy Garland

The Bullfather
06-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Hopefully, I won't hear the drunk two people over from me sing the national anthem again! My poor racing friends around me! :p

broz
06-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Well RGee, I was off to a blazing start and it looks like I've now officially stalled out. Maybe it was the "semi-pro" reference? :rolleyes:
Maybe should have used "International Recording Artist" :D ?

Honestly, if Barb' and Jim are willing to spring for the airfare and beers, then I would be happy to come up and entertain you ALL :applause:

Of course, if we couldn't work out the beers, maybe Debbie could bring those world famous Jello Shots? :eek:

BWR
06-28-2005, 07:11 PM
wow i'm 2nd to the post of someone else!!!!who would that be???? when it comes to my country's saying that we live by!!!!! home of free!!!!!! LETS ROCK. I'LL DO IT.I LOVE MY COUNTRY.I HAVE A GOOD VOICE.

The Bullfather
06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Man, the guy who runs a music venue, gets no love! :lol: hahahahaha :lol:

It's ok, I just usually grab the mic when I wanna sing!:O)

allhailunc
06-29-2005, 05:29 AM
Mr Mayor you sing the National Anthem and a lot of fans dressed as empty seats will be there that night.I'd rather eat 7 days straight of my wife's meatloaf than be tortured by you "singing?". :lol:Besides-you have to take over all my duties while Jones&I are in Daytona this weekend.As Bob Finan so aptly put it we're working-Jones will be the roving pit reporter for MORON radio and I have the extremely impotent job of Official Cooler Inspector.You better behave or you will be relegated down from Mayor to lets say something less important-like Governor-hey everyone have a great 4th(you too Dan) stay safe and no excessive drinking :wave: :lol: :p

Tracy87BB
06-29-2005, 06:49 AM
I would have to say the Halpin brothers...personally, I was kind of hoping the "powers that be" at the track would have the foresight to ask them to sing it on July 30!
I thought it was a good idea when they were having the kids from the schools do it. What better way to get people out to the track? Have 12 or 15 area schools nominate kids to come out and sing it (that way, you leave yourself a few open nights to compenstae for rain-outs, etc.). Give the winning kid from each district and their parent(s) a free pass for the night...sit back and watch how many of them bring out extended families, friends, teachers, etc. It's a great way for the kids to showcase their talents (and maybe get something neat to put on their college applications), and could potentially help to get a few more behinds in the stands. Just a thought...

Mortgage Guy
06-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the support guys, I would love to sing there again, I do have to say that Riverhead Raceway is the toughest place to sing at because of the echo and the fact that you can't hear yourself...But it is still a lot of fun..My proudest moment singing at the head was the Saturday after 9/11 when the Cromartys' gave every fan a candle when they walked in, shut the lights off and I sang God Bless America with the late Bob Copland (sp?) holding the flashlight so I could see the words...What an adreneline rush that was..

DAN D.
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
EXCELLENT Idea with the kids,and promotion of the track.So now the idea has to be presented to the powers to be, and then all the rest is pretty simple..writing a general letter to the area schools explaining the idea and set the dates maybe every other week for the rest of the season..
I was going to ask last year if my daughters friend could sing it one week,because she would(15 years old).. anyhow GOD BLESS AMERICA

99racing
06-29-2005, 03:35 PM
i am going to have to agree with what tracy87bb said..

maestri fan 1
06-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I think Kenny Wallace whould do an excellent job at the national anthem.

Mortgage Guy
06-30-2005, 08:52 AM
It was posted in another thread with his web address and everything, I just don't remember which one..

BWR
06-30-2005, 09:02 AM
here it is http://www.marcosbrinson.com/index.html