PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Speedway Lottery

Geno
06-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Here is an good idea from Sue Ziegler that we池e going to try Friday night.

We have a bunch of tennis balls. When the late model drivers sign in Friday (for transponders), they will each be given a ball. They値l write their car number on it with a sharpie and give it to one of their crewmembers.

When the late models go out for their feature, the cars will get lined up and stop on the front stretch. A crewmember from each team will walk out on the front stretch and stand by their car. The crewmembers will throw the balls into the crowd and head back to the pits.

This week, the fan who has the ball with the winning car number will win two free adult admission tickets to a regular Mountain show, and in upcoming weeks more prizes may be added. If the winner wants to, they can get their picture taken with their winning driver in victory lane. It should be fun & only take a few minutes extra.

If things go well, we値l try this weekly, or bi-weekly and alternate it between all the regular divisions. :applause:

Now all we can do is hope that if it rains at all Friday, it happens early in the day!

wshultz
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a great idea Geno.

Racing Rebel
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Sounds like fun.....I hope nobody catches the 2j ball they will be disappointed. :*-( LOL ;)

2j Late Model
06-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I would be disappointed to, to who ever would catch that one. If you see one getting thrown back, it's mine. LOL Just remember when it's the thrillers turn, that 830 will be out front just as it was last week, in front of you. For his second time on the track, with getting the hard charger and fast track award.

Jason 2j :wave: :wave:

EricaR
06-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Geeze, as if I don't have enough to do at the beginning of the night, now you all are adding to my misery!! Tennis balls, transponders, Billy B's tickets for the drivers meeting, register the cars....holy crap! I'm one person!! LOL Good idea, any volunteers to hand out some balls to the drivers??? ;) HEHEHEHE!!! Hopefully see you on Friday! Erica

richardpetey
07-01-2005, 12:47 AM
I guess that bowling ball and pin promotion is out................. :help:
I'll help ya Erica, as soon as I'm finished putting up the nets and handing out the rackets, hehe.......................... :eek:
C U soon at Wimbleton. oops! I mean Mountain....................... ;)
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

wshultz
07-01-2005, 03:40 AM
Don't steal any balls petey. :p :p :p

Geno
07-01-2005, 08:03 AM
I was just planning to have a box of them by the payout window Erica. The LM drivers can pick them up themselves. I don't see any reason why they have to be literally 'handed out'.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday! :)

Petey, you can have one for your antenna! This way it'll help you find your car in the pits :lol:

88racer
07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Erica, I was planning to be there with you to hand them out. I will probably have the regulars balls already done. :-B

Sue

EricaR
07-01-2005, 03:13 PM
LOL Good idea, any volunteers to hand out some balls to the drivers??? ;) HEHEHEHE!!! Hopefully see you on Friday! Erica
Ok, just to clarify, I don't mind doing it at all, it's not a big deal......did you all miss the joke in that statement??!! See you all later! Erica

JustRacin
07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't you think some have enough balls as it is??? LOL

Geno
07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I wasn’t sure if you were kidding or not Erica, sorry :p ..... but then I thought…how would everyone know how to go about picking up their balls….? :confused: :eek:

richardpetey
07-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Are we talking wing nuts, beer nuts, peanuts, enduro nutz, walnuts, coconuts?...................... :confused:
Before you put me in a nutcracker, and start labeling me a nutcase, because, to me, it ain't nuttin' honey , and that's it in a nutshell................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

wshultz
07-02-2005, 03:32 AM
And in charge of all that petey is Billnuts. :lol:

Geno
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
This week’s division for the Mountain Speedway Lottery will be the thrillers (since they have the next few weeks off). This time, one of your crewmembers will get your ball (mind outta the gutter ) in the staging area before the feature.

I have to check with Billy, but it would be great if we can run the ‘ball’ feature first every week. This way, it kind of blends in with intermission.

Just keep everything crossed for Friday…the forecast looks crappy :(

Geno
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
This Friday will be a turn for the street stock drivers. We'll give a ball to your designated 'tosser' as they enter the speedway from the pits. ;)

NEETS-1
07-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Hope we get some better "Ball tossers" than the 4cyl, lol. I saw 1 go over the fans heads, another took 2 tries to get over the fence, hehe.
Maybe they should get a little closer to the fence???

Geno
07-24-2005, 09:24 PM
This coming Friday, the 4 cylinders will have their shot. Over the last few weeks, more & more fans have gotten into this & it's pretty cool to see the enthusiasm! There was actually a herd of people by the flag stand waiting for a pop fly!

Hey, a driver giving away candy in the stands & signing a few autographs don't sound 1/2 bad either :p

NEETS-1
07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey G,
Why not give the SST drivers a shot at it for their feature? They will only be there once and may be some good PR to send back to their hometracks. The 4cyl could get a few shots at it before the end of the season.

Geno
07-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Works for me! How many cars will start the feature? Need to make sure we have the correct number of balls :lol:

Also, a ball hander-outer is also appreciated since Sue Z. might be missing since the late models are off.

Thanks!

Geno
08-04-2005, 06:22 PM
This week we'll do the 4 cyl's & next week the modifieds, before one of their two 25-lap features :wave: