PDA

View Full Version : July 1, 2005

BlingxBling
07-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I knew the evening was going to be a good one, when I pulled into the parking lot and had to park in grass that came most of the way up my door. The only thing that could possibly have amused me that evening was the actually crowd turn out. 8 late models!! Are ya kidding me? Why even call it a race? Follow the leader would have been more appropriate. 25 laps and the only thing amusing about the race was to see Callivini spin out! Joe Hoffman won, thats good, especially since it has been a while since he has seen victory lane. He also held off the charge of Larry Fisher...

So reading on the boards I see that based upon a majority of crybabies (would that be the term used?), Speed-0 was to leave to due rough driving? WHERE THE HELL WERE THE OFFICIALS IN THE THRILLER FEATURE???? Marissa about damn near took out anything that got in her way, the 72, the 47... Why wasn't she black flagged after the 2nd incident? C'mon guys. Where is the consistancy?

The street stocks actually had a decent collection. Kind of funny to watch Chris take out his own team mate(Todd), but all is well. Glad to see that Barry Gomer hasn't lost his touch as being a hot head, tsk tsk. Paul Frantz in victory lane, Great job!

I really really love it when people fly off the handle when they have been in a wreck, but fail to recall how they were racing moments before it happened. I am referring to the 4 cyl. Chris Walk and Joe Heintzelman were pushing and shoving...something had to give somewhere, and Joe got out of the car like a complete a$$ clown, making the motions of cut throat to the 04. Right there was a complete class act. Bravo! Bravo!

Nothing like watching the night cap 4cyl modifieds...can some one tell me why a caution flag was not thrown when the 00 plowed into the wall and then skidded across the infield? Thank God he wasn't hurt. Lord knows everyone was in a rush to see the fireworks display. :rolleyes: Congrats to Woot! Always good to see him in victory lane.

I am absolutely disgusted with this weekend. I read these posts week in and week out. How about the people that are the first to *****? Where were they this weekend? That is great! I will actually go out and watch the show but these people that come on here with their "mightier-than-thou" attitudes and yet they don't even make a showing....next Friday it looks like the road trip to Linda's Speedway will be necessary! I'd rather watch dirt racing than what I saw last night........

2crew
07-02-2005, 08:18 PM
bling
what is your problem?? I think that last night was the best night in a long time, with the exception of the few crew and drivers that had a little post race energy. The rough riding in the thrillers was down from what I saw along with the dirt tracking. Yes merr did get a little banged up but I think last night was in the middle of her 5 day stretch that comes once a month, hell she even yelled at me at the end of the race so dont feel like you or your driver was the only one. As for the other drivers that you mentioned in the trillers like the 72 he was all over and even picking up his LF at the end of all the turns. I passed him and still felt the wrath of him after I was past him. I know mark had a few flats and i dont know if that had anything to do with it but mark is a experienced driver so i know he knows the game we play on a weekly basic. as for your official's consistancy i think that is something that is being addressed as we speak. I like to see that they are putting their feet down on teching and some of the crappy starts and so on but i did not hear much on the scanner last night during the feature. Would have been nice to hear more or mabye my scanner was not working.

Ya the LM class was a low count but I think the holiday weekend and even the rain that was supposed to come and didnt had a lot to do with it. I will assume they will be back next week.

And finally let me know how much dirt tracking or rough riding is going on at linda speedway next weekend and we will take care of the mountain on our own. Ya i ***** just as much as the next person but I think of my *****ing as quality assurance and saftey issues, like the turn two flagger in front of the fence again during green flag conditions. but on that note I did see him look at track traffic prior to letting cars out on the track and that is an improvment. :applause: :applause:

richardpetey
07-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Dreary report from the cheering section Ms Bling..................... :help:
Come on over and visit us in the pits, maybe we can cheer ya up............ :eek:
It'll be fun finding out whos on the other end of this post, hehe............ :cool:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Racing Rebel
07-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Words that come to mind........YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :applause: :applause: I don't know about any other driver but I race to get away from the 40hr a week headache. :help: My opinion is that racing should be fun & games. :p I do take it very seriously(you can ask just about any driver that I have raced with in the past season and a half) but I also think that every once in a while you should just let your hair down and put the pedal to the metal! :cool: Unfortunately for the 17(not 47) and 72 they just happen to be right in front of me when my pedal went down to the metal. :eek: I am not looking for a fight on the track nor on here and this was not a vendeda! :-|
To those drivers.............my most sincere apologies. :(
To the fans...............I hoped you enjoyed the show because I do not intend on making a sequel. O:)
Like I said, this is only my second season and this is my first offense. Before every race Jason's last words to me are, "Have Fun". Guess what guys and gals.....I always do have a blast!!! :applause: :-B
Untill next week......
Marissa 2AM :wave:

P.S. Hey Bling.....anytime you or anyone else would like to take a few hot laps...no hard feeling...just come on back and Jason & I would love to see what you can do out on the track. :eek: ;) :-B :p
P.S.S. FYI I did not :disgusted have a visit from the Bi*** fairy this week. SH** HAPPENS!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

mcsnoww
07-02-2005, 11:45 PM
One thing that we must remember is that there are now 2 promoters at the Mountain. One is in charge of promoting Mountain Speedway, running the races, getting sponsors, promoting special races etc. etc. and etc. That promoter is doing much more than his job description. The other promoter, who is the lease holder, should be at least be cutting the grass and keeping the toilets clean. He has dropped the ball in both tasks. I guess there is no instant profit return in grass cutting and a little paint and cleaning.

wshultz
07-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Well just for your information, bud, the grass is cut, We got a mower and tried to cut the parking lot and it broke, so just hold your horses on. We have lives you know. :-| :mad:

BlingxBling
07-03-2005, 12:34 AM
All is well, it is my opinion...which I do believe I am entitled to. No one has to agree or disagree with what I have to say. I just wish this place wasn't a contradiction!!!! Do as I say not as I do...great job guys! I am being hardcore facetious for those of you who aren't aware.

2 crew and rebel racing... now now...where is your class??? Race car drivers eh? Do me a favor and accept the facts, I wasn't throwing wrenches..but if you want to take it onto a personal level I can do that. Just choose your words wisely...for that of which may get you in trouble...

Uncle Petey...thou shall be at the NEETS race tomorrow....most likely hung over, but I will be there...I shall wonder into the JAMA party and let ya all finally see who BLING is....

Til then...g'night....

wshultz
07-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Thats the way to be bling, hung over at a race, or drunk. :lol:

BlingxBling
07-03-2005, 03:47 AM
3:47am and I finally made it in the door. Not exactly drunk, gosh darn Scranton is Tricky! Damn cops all over the place....lucky for the "get out of jail free card" and Uncle Louie...

Sleepy time, after all this 1pm start thing is going to hurt me....especially on a drinking holiday weekend!

BlingxBling
07-03-2005, 03:56 AM
I plan to bring all the bottles of liquor out of my liquor cabinet amongst other things just to add to the festivities...Tonight was a slow night for boozing. I was at Mahoning and had to race 476 home....Hit Scranton about 12:30 and due to crappy PA regulations last sip was as of 2:30....YUK! I am a party animal...

wshultz
07-03-2005, 03:58 AM
Ahahah thats the way to be I dont know if I will be up in time for 10 since I'm on the track crew. :lol:

BlingxBling
07-03-2005, 04:02 AM
I have 3 alarms set to wake me up....I am almost tempted to jump in my pool and swim a few laps to tire me out so I can get a decent amount of sleep. I would drink a few more, but who wants to add fuel to the fire when tomorrow is another day? Track crew eh? Kitty litter expert? Tee hee hee :applause:

mcsnoww
07-03-2005, 10:31 AM
My comments on the grass were in no way any reflection on you or the other track workers. It reflects on the lease holder. I was there 2 weeks ago after not coming, to the track, for the last few years and saw the same things that Bling saw. It took a lot of neglected weeks to get grass that high. It also took a lot of complaining to finally get it cut. You guys do a great job if you are allowed to. That day, I also met an elderly couple wearing MVS jackets that had never been at Mountain before and we talked by the rest rooms and they commented on the overall shabby condition of the property. The promoter only has one shot at making a first impression. I also understand that you have other lives but this place is a business to a promoter, not a hobby, and should be treated as such. It is what is expected from the fans and racers.

Racing Rebel
07-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey Bling.........I honestly did not take offense! :wave: I just want to make everyone aware that I am not a demolition girl on the run! :disgusted I do not get on the track every week with the intensions of wiping another driver and/or his/her car out. :disgusted :disgusted Like I said in my earlier post, "Sh** happens". :eek: I have no hard feelings about what you said, it was honest. And by the way....I thought my reply had a he** of alot of class. O:) You must not know me to well because I've been know to spit out a few nasty words in my day. :eek: :eek: :eek:

BlingxBling
07-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Marissa...all is well...we are both chicas....thus making all words fiesty :) no hard feelings...lots of luck in the future...I must get ready to get back to that track to party on from the neets tour...maybe u will b there...

kidici4
07-03-2005, 08:26 PM
that *** clown bill price....he got DQed last week and came back this week....obviously with the same car no changes and then starts dead last in the feature and works his way up to first....then for some reason he actually races a car clean lets him by....finishes 2nd and doesnt get teched....wow he isnt cheating or anything is he....besides in the heat he damn near wrecked that 75 car 4 or 5 times all of them intentional once could be a fluke twice maybe but 4 or 5 times he runs square in the back of another car cmon are the officials blind....i commend speedo for takin his cheatin *** out that night he got baned. something needs to be done