PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Mod Feature

Drumz1959
07-03-2005, 04:51 AM
Congrats To Jimmy, Ed, Connie, and the entire TS Motorsports race team on your Win last night. The win was JB's 27th Modified feature win and first at the Head and I'm sure it won't be the last. Congrats to Andrews and Heagy also. :cool:

RAZZORRIQK
07-03-2005, 06:05 AM
Nice job by the top 5 this sat,congrat's to JB an the TS team. Nice to see 5 driver's race hard,get in trouble,get out of trouble,drive through the trouble and finish in the top 5 after 50 laps. that's racin' :applause:

The Bullfather
07-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Nice job by Wayne Anderson! Did anyone see his car after the race? The left and right rear wheels were both bent, as was the right front wheel! His hands must have been shaken through out the race from the vibrations. :lol: Finishing 4th, while most drivers probabaly would have pulled in the pits and called it a night!

Also, nice job by Mike Andrews Jr. for staying out of all the trouble in front of him and passing Bill Park for 2nd at the later part of the race. Bill Park had a great run after a few weeks of getting caught up in other people's misfortunes! :-|

Congrats go out to TS Haulers and Jimmy Blewett for an exceptional win, great run! Wondered how the car ran after the incident(s)! :lol: :confused: O:) It didn't look like Jimmy had anything for Bill Park, but after a restart, Jimmy finally had the tires and horsepower to scoot underneath Park for the lead. :wave:

modified_fan
07-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Congratulations Jimmy!

(Believe it or not) I am truly happy you won. It was truly a pleasure speaking with you and Mr. Partridge last week about the 'state of affairs'. Talking about how the 15 wound up in the wall probably is best left unposted. You drove one impressive race, and I'm very happy for Mr. Partridge, yourself and your hard working team.

All in all, this was a very interesting to watch race with action going on through the field.

'Tis a shame seeing Lenny's car afterwards. He said the tires simply didn't grip, with perhaps oil on the track in turn 1. Hopefully team 85 can be back.

I couldn't help but ponder the fortunes of the 11X team. Normally Chuck is our smoothest and consistently best time trialer. Let's hope this is an anomaly and by the tour show (not to forget mentioning this coming week) he time trials and puts on his normal great show to impress the out of towners.

Hats off again to Wayne. Now he's shown that he can play an accordian. 3 bent rims (including a badly mangled left rear that....hmmm....I wonder who got into) plus a distinct lack of aerodynamics, and he still managed a very respectable 4th. Tis a hoot sitting with his lovely bride, Joette, as all this is going on, hearing comments like 'this isn't good.....this isn't good'....as she cringes lap after lap.

Does it seem like those winning mod features this year tend to also be having checker or wrecker kinds of seasons? The winning 49, 2, 6, 10, 15 and now the 5 have spent lots of time in the pits and garages fixing, while the 20, 96, and 12 have had much smoother seasons to date.

RACENUT
07-03-2005, 12:35 PM
what happened to wayne that he had 3 bent wheels?

*rAcIn CuTiE*
07-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Congrats Jimmy and the whole crew, knew you guys would be in victory lane this year!

The Bullfather
07-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Here' the low down of incidents that took place Saturday night. Wayne got in front of Blewett on the front and going into turn 1, Jimmy piledrove his car into the rear end of Wayne's modified. Now did Wayne brake check or did Jimmy brake too late is up for grabs and no one can argue that, unless your (YOU'RE?!) Wayne Anderson or Jimmy Blewett. With damage to Jimmy's front, it was suprising (SURPRISING?!)to see limited damAge done to Jimmy's front. Jimmy was lucky his front right wheel wasn't messed up from the altercation.

After another restart, Jimmy was behind Bill Park, with Wayne Anderson riding the outside grove (GROOVE?!). Coming off turn 2 with Jimmy on the inside and Wayne on the outside, Jimmy's car came drifting off turn 2 and Wayne had nowhere to go except the wall. Wayne rode against the wall with damage to his right front and rear wheels, Chris Young having nowhere to go came barreling into Wayne'S left rear end, crushing the whole quater (QUARTER?!)panel and also bending Wayne's left rear wheel. Everyone could point fingers here and there, but we all know (WE ALL DO???)both of them where (WERE???!)playing cat and mouse with each other from previous incidents. Hopefully, this is all done with and both can race each other clean for the rest of the year! Please fellas!!!

shifter4580
07-05-2005, 12:11 AM
you know what saw?
the same thing everyone else see last week?
number 5 is ALIVE !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

LongIslandJam
07-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey modified fan,

Making a comment on this:

"Does it seem like those winning mod features this year tend to also be having checker or wrecker kinds of seasons? The winning 49, 2, 6, 10, 15 and now the 5 have spent lots of time in the pits and garages fixing, while the 20, 96, and 12 have had much smoother seasons to date."

From the above mentioned, it seems that you're on to something. Maybe winning is a curse? OR To win, you must risk your equipment to do so.

The top 4 in points have not won yet, although they are very capable of doing so.

1 - 20 - Bill Park
2 - 96 - Howie Brode
3 - 11x - Chuck Steuer
4 - 12 - Dan Jivanelli

To be honest, the aforementioned four have NOT been impressive this year with their performances. BUT, they have been very consistent and have been able to overcome problems.

This is in contrast with the winners
5 - 15 Wayne Anderson (2 wins)
6 - 49 Chris Young
7 - 10x Mike Andrews Jr.
8 - 5 Jimmy Blewett
21 - 2 JR Bertuccio
24 - 6 Tom Rogers, Jr.

The aforementioned six are no slouches, and they seem to be strong week-in, week-out. However, perhaps the path to victory leads them to disaster as they got to maneuver through the field on the brink of destruction.

However, they make it exciting! This might be the year that the Terry Labonte style driver wins the championship though. Quietly, with no bells and whistles.

LongIslandJam
07-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Good point, but still nevertheless, it seems that staying out of trouble versus trying to win every race is the key to this year's championship.

Mike Fields
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
JA, not having won yet this season, and to stay out of trouble and be in the top four, IS in itself impressive. All four have won championships, and know how to let consistency bring them to the head table in November.

LongIslandJam
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Another excellent point...

Wheels
07-06-2005, 09:11 PM
It's about time a TS car won a race. We're almost halfway through the season and I was afraid both Jimmy and BO would go winless.....keep them coming.

And as far as point leaders not winning races... it's harder at Riverhead when the guys up front in points have to start toward the back each week. The only thing that saves them from time to time is time trial events...

Hope all is well back at the 'head. :wave:

modified_fan
07-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Good Points JA.

It's my guess that on the whole, this year's winners have risked their equipment a bit more, and are just hungrier for wins for varying reasons. Chris and JR always seems to gun fast for the lead. Wayne and Jimmy have had their share of turbulence and misfortune and both want to show well for their own reasons. (Although I'd say the Tommy Jr. and Mike over the last few years have been steadier drivers.)

I have no idea the number of races the winning 6 have raced versus the top 4 in points, but I believe to date they have 87 career wins versus 54.

Regardless, let no one view this as a knock on ANY drivers here. At heart, I'm a fan and want all to do well here.

Douglas Corwin