PDA

View Full Version : Views from the Tailgate - July 6

LongIslandJam
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
It's back. What's your thoughts?

mcmmotorsports
07-08-2005, 06:40 PM
One thing, MONEY. What does it take to be a winning driver? A lot of money.

dmcguy
07-08-2005, 09:31 PM
I liked it. He was on the money most of the time. I do feel however that on the weekly racing level the one thing that truly qualifies you to be a race car driver is your love of doing it. If it makes you happy do it. WHether you have money or not, talent or not, it does not make any differance. I'm not saying that if you have never raced before, go out and buy a modified, or try to drive past your ability. Just use your head and have fun.

LongIslandJam
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Money does play a role. A lot of talented drivers in underfunded teams go unnoticed. However, a lot of folks with tons of money, do not have the talent to make it run.

Just my opinion:)

Mortgage Guy
07-09-2005, 11:57 AM
One thing I will say that helps a driver go from ok, to very good, is equipment.. Look at guys like Chris Turbush and Scott Lehmann who were always top 15 cars in their old stuff, went out spent the money and updated the cars they had and both became top 5 runners, so I think money definately does help..

Richie
07-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I bought a driver. Cost me $300.00 at the maternity (MATERNITY??) ward and 35 yrs of putting up with his mother. But I got a good one. PS. And the knot I just got on my head.

DAN D.
07-10-2005, 09:01 AM
I think its a great thing that Carl is viewing it from the tailgate. Great story from one persons point of view.. Keep up the good work