PDA

View Full Version : A chuckle for the day....

BlingxBling
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Ok, so I really do enjoy going to MVS...tonight was an enduro race...they had moved them from Sundays to race nights...13 cars...100 laps...29 minutes to run the race....I had serious issues keeping my eyes open. I would have seen more action on a country road that was closed to all traffic!

Keep up the good work Billy! It was an evening like this that made me appreciate NEETS even more!

NEETS-1
07-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Were any of our drivers there, or was it just made up of cars from their regular 4cyl class, doing double duty?

enduroracer131
07-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I was there too. I left about 15min into the enduro (around 11:50pm), it just got so boring and I had to get up at 6:30am. I think there wERE only one or two NEETS drivers there, most of the cars were from the 4cyl class. NEETS is much more fun.

Lori/39x
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM
13 cars was unfortunate and yes, it wasn't a very lively show. However, only ONE of the 13 cars was a regular 4 cylinder car (11x)...the rest were not regulars of our weekly division. They were just there to have fun. It's a shame, because MVS enduros were always a lot of fun. But car counts must improve or we won't see another one. Last night, you saw many of the same cars because, if the "enduro" cars passed the safety inspections, then they were permitted to run with us in the 4 cylinders (that's why you saw a lot of the same cars). They got a bonus, and actually all took home a payout from the 4 cylinders just for being there. Cool deal really.

When MVS decided to have a weekly 4 cylinder division...most of us made the decision of which one we wanted to run. Not many wanted to do double duty- period. For those of us competing in the weekly division, keeping our cars together has become more important to us now.

enduroracer131
07-10-2005, 11:51 PM
I would like to see more cars also, and if I could afford to put a roll cage in I would be out there racing in the enduros also.MVS is doing the best they can with the enduros and I respect that.I hope car counts do improve and if I find a car with a roll bar I would be right out there for the next race.

Lori/39x
07-11-2005, 12:11 PM
131- We'd love to have you. There are lots of cars out there already built or mostly underway... keep posting, someone must have one they'd like to get rid of cheap :) I heard one was just sold last week at the track for $200- can't beat that.

Good luck!
Lori/ 39x

pitbull113
07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
after driving out 3 hours from L.I. just to be told "sorry, not enough cars, the track will lose money, go home". I"m * any of the enduro guys showed up. I guess the money we lost didn"t matter! :mad:

richardpetey
07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I hate to say this, but despite all the ridicule I direct at the "dogtrack", I wouldn't mind racing at the "worlds longest left hand turn" again ....................... :eek:
I have made many good racing friends at that track and I used to love "Saturday night at the fights"............................. :help:
But as long as the MVS owners/managers show no respect for the enduro drivers, I'll spend my money anyplace but the "bang-up bowl".................... :disgusted
UNCLE PETEY........................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BlingxBling
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
C'mon all...I said a chuckle for the day...not a reason to go out there and throw a temper tantrum and reintroduce anger from something in the past....oi!

Lori...yes I know the 11x ran in the enduro...bless his heart...just gave him more practice to compete in the 4 cyl. heats and features...by the way chica...good job in your heat and feature...making it tough for Mr. Garris to pass you and even when he had the edge you still raced him hard...and clean (which is what I can't say for everyone)...NIICCEEEEE thats what I like to see....you are doing FANTASTIK! Keep up that good work!

richardpetey
07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
One persons "chuckle" is another persons "frown".................. :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Lori/39x
07-11-2005, 08:52 PM
hehe- not such a good week this week though :help: It's much easier to drive when you aren't spinning in a circle in the infield...eeeek!! To think, until this season, I never spun around before (crashed- YES, spun, no), but boy, I'm getting pretty darn good at it O:) I even kept the car running this week!! haha. I tried my darndest to run Mike Garris clean. He's always driven me clean and I respect that. :rolleyes:

Last week, I finished 6th from the back... this week, I want to be there again. Stay tuned!! Hope to see you there!!

BTW... Bling...did you change your email address? I had a mail delivered back to me tonight :confused:

Uncle Petey- we'd love to see you back at the longest left turn track!! At the rate I'm going, I could always use some more crew members :wave:

See ya'll at one of the tracks!!!

BlingxBling
07-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Uncle Petey...awww..turn that frown upside down...tee hee hee... :p

Lori..yeah..I got rid of AO-HELL.....um er....send it to blingxling17@yahoo.com