PDA

View Full Version : Stock?

NJ Chick
07-11-2005, 12:04 PM
I didn't realize this, but evidently, Monte Carlos at one point must have come factory stock equipped with a Morgantini racing motor. Since the Thriller division is a STOCK division, this must be true. I tell you though, I am having a heck of a time finding one anywhere. :help: If anyone can help, I would love to buy one......but only if the price is right.

2crew
07-11-2005, 07:00 PM
HUH very good point NJ. I think that motor in question came on the Monte Carlo special edition. The mountain speedway edition. Have you ever heard about it? Its like right up there next to the Harley Ford Pickup trucks.LOL

RACERX
07-11-2005, 11:18 PM
What * does it make what year its from. I believe everyone in that division needs to quit crying do a little work on * rolling pieces of scrap. Just * people take pride in * car doesnt mean * cheating. So do a little less crying and a little less bs on the computer and spend some time on your car and just maybe * wont take half of the field out!!! ps try a 1990 monte carlo

NEETS-1
07-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Lou Morgantini is a friend of mine and also did my motors when I raced. I talked to Lou last week and all he did was a set of stock heads for Price Jr. The rest of the motor was not touched by Lou.
There is a friend of yours in the rulebook called a "protest". I suggest utilizing it instead of guessing. I know myself that Gary is on him like stink on $hit. If you feel he is not doing his job.....use your "friend" and be done with it.

Racing Rebel
07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I really have been trying to keep my mouth shut about this whole cheating thing due to Mr. Rodriquez Jr. episodes of last year. HOWEVER...when the accused cheater walks around the pits telling other drivers that he did not change :eek: anything on his car from the previous DQ week, something needs to be done. :disgusted NO, I WAS NOT ONE OF THE DRIVERS THAT HEARD THIS. But when NJ Chick asks a logical question and gets her head bit off by some RACERRX, someone needs to add to the mayhem. :-| It was proven that Mr. Price was cheating. :disgusted (GOOD JOB :applause: GARY AND ALL OF TECH) so what makes anyone think that he is still not cheating? :confused: I think this suggestion was given before, but why must all of us fellow drivers protest after cheating was proven- :confused: I think that if a car was proven to be cheating, the next week the "cheater" is there, it should be automatically tech'd again. I honestly am not bashing-no offense to ANYONE (even Mr. Price), but don't put the pressure on the whole Thriller class to protest, just finish the job that was started. :help: :help:

P.S. By the way Mr. RACERRX, :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-(

NEETS-1
07-13-2005, 01:58 AM
It WAS teched again...extensively and the area where he was caught WAS made legal. Don't listen to "talk". Other areas of the 00x are being looked at every week until it satisfies Gary. Then he (Gary) said will move on to others.
My suggestion of protesting was not saying the burden is on the other Thriller drivers (because Gary IS doing his job)....my meaning was that if you "know something"....protest it, don't guess. That is your right.

Busted Knuckles
07-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey guys and gals, being on vacation last week and missing the Mountain Action, I see I didn't miss too much and from the posts above, poor Billy Price is getting his pistons pulled out through his nostrils. Look at it this way, if he's cheating, the wrath of Gary will come down upon him, but if he's legal, just face the fact that he has a good set up for the track. Do I believe he's legal, not a chance? But if he needs to cheat in order to bring home the $200.00 kitty, what is he really accomplishing in life? It really brings back nightmares from last year when little Mikie R. would dominate the Thriller Feature, pull off the track, slap on Street Stock Tires and then wip up on me. Well Pricy Boy, you'VE proven you are the best in beginners, has beens and "Look at me mommy, I'm a race car driver" division. Run out, get yourself a set of weight jackers, use the money that you'VE have been stealing from the track to buy yourself a new set of Street Stock sneakers, and come up to where the big boys play. :cool: It's time to leave the Ronald McDonald play land. Your head is getting toO big and I'm afraid it may get stuck in Hamburgular. And on a separate note, to the 2 A.M. and 72, you two need to kiss and make up. Whatever is going on between you is going to get someone hurt behind you. If you have personal agendas, enter into the next Demolition Derby in the NEETS Division and tear each other up there, and not on a Friday Night Show. :mad: :mad:

Racing Rebel
07-13-2005, 12:17 PM
To Billy--- :wave:
OK I can deal with your answers. :) I wasn't saying that Gary wasn't doing his job-sorry if it came out like that O:) . Like I said, I'am not bashing :disgusted . Just *concerns.
"BUSTED"--- :wave:
I * right about Mr. Price. :) BUT NOW * TEARING DOWN THE WHOLE THRILLER DIVISION!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: "look at me mommy, I'm a race car driver" division???/ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't think you really thought about those words before you typed them, your bashing the WHOLE division not just Mr. Price. :eek: Furthermore........if you really knew anything about racing, you would know that it's not about the "$200.00" purse. :disgusted :disgusted ...it's much deeper than that. Oh and let's not forget about the comment you made about me and 72...let's just say (for the very last time) THERE ARE NO BETWEEN THE TWO OF US (on my part anyway) AND IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF. If you have anything else to say about that situation you can private message me, so we don't bore the other viewers!!! :wave:

Marissa 2AM

P.S. By the way, Knuckles...check out the registration for the Nascare race (if it's not there yet..) :drool: I WILL (as long as JJ :) finds me a car) be racing that. I really hope to see you there!!! :wave: :wave:

RACERX
07-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Well Busted Knuckles I believe that you have it down right. That the set-up is good on the 00x car. And that they do know how to run at mountain speedway, but they have run with the big boys. Bigger boys thAn you will ever run with and they kept up. They have won races, led races and have had their share of bad luck with their car, too! So maybe one day he will put on a pair of street stock tires and you will be seeing the back bumper, too. Coming from dirt, he is really just learning all over again!!! He has been racing for the past 9 years on dirt and wanted to race asphalt to have some fun. By the way, he doesn't need to "steal" the $200.00 kitty from the thriller class.

JCenduro
07-13-2005, 08:18 PM
RacerX,What kind of car and year is Bill Price's car? Just wondering if he's onto something. lol :) :help:

2crew
07-14-2005, 07:11 AM
racerx
That's not the attitude to have. Look at Mike R. He thought he was going to dominate, coming from the tHrillers to the LM class, and look at him. He struggled from the beginning till now. And for the 00x, if he is so good, then why did he hit a lapPED car on the last lap of the race, and take himself and the lap car out? There was a lot of room for him, toO. The lapper was half way below the white line.

I'm not crying, I am voicing my opinion, and don't worry, the 00x will cry when I get past him!!!!! :lol:

joedirt2
07-15-2005, 12:32 AM
OK, I can't listen to it anymore. :mad: :mad: I agree with Billy, Gary is going over that car top to bottom!!! Every week he checks something different, along with the things he already checked . I set that car up and all I can tell you is that they (Price) spend a lot of time in junk yards, there is no big secret to that car trust me.The 2 crew just bought scales, maybe they can have somEone show them how to use them!!!! And about the coMment that they are just stealing the $200.00, cut the guy a break he never drove asphalt before, this is his first year and yes, he will move up ........I don't see anybody saying anything about the week Shaun Burd drove the class. He didn't have a problem with Billy, he ran right with him. Oh, and how about last week, when Billy did hot laps with the street stocks and couldn't run with them? By the way, how did he get the lead last week going 4 wide in turn 2 on the high side..... no, you people can never compliment, you just say they cheat. Billy has raced for 9 years on dirt and won a lot of races. He is just a good driver and can probably turn the same times with your car, but instead of asking for help, you just like to scream cheat!!! GROW UP :( :( :(

2j Late Model
07-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Know who your talking about before you talk. The 2crew didn't buy the scales, I did.

joedirt2
07-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Well I am just saying if all the babies can drive a racecar like they could type you's would be the car to beat in the class! Stop bashing and start working on your cars, get 'em set up and get 'em right!

2j Late Model
07-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I will have you know I spend many hours on the cars, and it shows from last year. They are always up front 1 2 3 somewhere up there. If they would learn to keep a cool head they would stay there. I may not have the brains you guys do to set the cars up, but I am trying. We will get there.

JCenduro
07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Can someone in his crew answer this? :help:

joedirt
07-15-2005, 04:34 PM
its a 1980 monte carlo ss, why whats up?

RACERX
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
The car is 4sale. All we are doing is having fun.

JCenduro
07-15-2005, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes: Joe Dirt, I do believe the rules state: Stock/ year/make and model used. This is stated in first line on engine rules. I don't know what Billy Price has, but I can bet it's not a 305cu.what at best was in the car from factory. I also watched Bill run, and I agree his car handles very good, but the power is not coming from a 305cu. Has anyone puffed the motor for C.U.?
P.S. I know you're going to reply, saying it came with a stock 350, but we all know SS Montes never came with a 350cu.motor. If people ran the engine that came in their metric cars, they would be all running v6 0r 305cu. I also don't think SS Monte's started in 1980, more like 1985. I could be wrong, but either way, it only had a 305cu., not a 350cu. The rules were supposed to be stock, As it came from factory. Remember, several other metrics running in that division are getting blistered from horse power, not handling. jcenduro#29

RACERX
07-15-2005, 05:35 PM
yes it was puffed and it was also compression tested and it was all legal.

joedirt
07-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Notify tech inspector if you have any questions on rules BEFORE using part.
this is also from the rules .Gary knows what the motor is .It was puffed and torn down it has 8.3 compression 1.94 valves it has 14 lb of vacuume. trust me the motor is legal!!!!!!!! oh yeh you can buy it if you think its a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCenduro
07-15-2005, 06:01 PM
:) Was it puffed as a 305 or 350?ps. whats the PRICE OF THE WHOLE CAR.

joedirt
07-15-2005, 06:12 PM
you will have to talk to bill price sr. i know he will sell it how much i couldnt tell ya i dont want to keep playing the game of yeh it is and no it isnt (it so childish) anybody who does not think its legal have it torn down protest it . I see metric cars out there that have a 4 inch ride height is that legal? we are not CRYING :(

JCenduro
07-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks joe dirt2.

RACERX
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
I would like to know what year a metric car came with an aftermarket front nose,and 4inch ride height.

richardpetey
07-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey! Mr. rusted knuckles! Since you "got us thriller people all figured out" ................................ ;)
Maybe, you can break it down by car # and let us all know where we stand in the brass knuckles rating system.......................... :help:
Surely, a tight fisted racing aficionado like yourself can dream up more than three driver classifications................................... .. :rolleyes:
I don't think "beginners", "has beens" and "maternal racecar driver admirers" covers all of the knuckleheads in question.................. :confused:
So knuckle down and give us a clearer description of the division.............. :drool:
Please, don't knuckle under the pressure........................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
07-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Taken from the 2005 Thriller rules;
ENGINE:
"STOCK" =YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL RULE
Notify tech inspector if you have any questions on rules BEFORE using part. No excuses will be heard for not abiding to year, make and model rules.
Any overhead valve V-8 or 6 cylinder American manufactured (General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, or AMC product) w/ maximum compression ratio of 9.0:1.production engines permitted matching year, make and model of frame.
It was announced by our Head of Tech that 350 cu.in motors were allowed in Metrics. It's a known fact that they were production engines in 1979 (same frame/car). It's a fact that this is allowed almost everywhere in the world and not un-common. It's a fact that almost every metric out there IS running a 350. It is a fact I can personally go down to the tech area next race and be able to find something on EVERY car in that division.
It's just like putting a big block in a 77 Monte....it wasn't available in 77 but allowed because it is the "same exact car".

joedirt
07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks Billy :) , you guys are doing one heck of a job up there!
Joe Dirt!

JCenduro
07-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Ok, So what your saying is, if I want to build A 1985 SS Monte, That came with a 305, I can put a 350 in it, to run? How does this fall under the Year, Make, And Model Rule? Why have a Year, Make, and Model Rule? I have one to Build, so that's why I'm asking? Fact is, you said it was ok, so I guess I will build it. Thanks a bundle. :)

NEETS-1
07-17-2005, 11:43 AM
GARY the "Tech man" said it was OK
"How does it fall under the Year, Make and Model rule"???
#1 2005 General rules- THE MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR ALTER ANY RULE OR RULES IF THEY FEEL IT IS NECESSARY AND TO REFUSE ANY PROTEST.
#2 2005 General rules- The race director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements and make for equal competitive racing. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the race director. His decision is final.
#3 2005 Thriller rules- NOTE: Some amended rules are for the purpose of evening up the competition between the leaf/coil cars.
#4 2005 Thriller rules- Notify tech inspector if you have any questions on rules BEFORE using part. No excuses will be heard for not abiding to year, make and model rules. (In other words...instead of coming on here and interpreting the rules....ask the man in charge first to see if you are right...in which Gary had also announced at drivers meeting it IS legal to have a 350 cu.in. motor in a metric frame).

"Why have one"?... Because everything else is Y,M, and model except where our tech man allows changes with his professional experience. If I wrote out every stinking rule for all of the 2 thousand parts of your car...you would have a phonebook to study.

I don't understand it...this deal of a 350 in a metric frame is a given. It is, has been and always will be allowed. Let this alone already. Next year I will write this in the rulebook with 30pt bold block letters right next to the "you can't pee on the pit road" rule, :confused:
AND ...if anyone has this same question/argument...go ask Gary in the tech area on race day, but please come get me first- (I wanna watch) :wave:

RACERX
07-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Thankz Bill for staighting this guy out. He keeps going on about stupid stuff.I wish that everybody would just leave them (price)alone .They obviously have there game together. thnks RacerX.

JCenduro
07-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Listen Racerx,These were questions you or nobody else answered,but Billy.So as far as straightening me out. Everyone knows you guys are running a monster motor, so don't B.s me. You were found wrong and D.Qed for it. One week later, you come back, and they let him right by. All the other metrics in that class can't keep up with Bill. I find it hard to believe they're not able to do this, if you say you guys are stock. Anybody can throw in a big motor and say they're legal. I'm sorry, but lap times don't lie.

RACERX
07-17-2005, 07:11 PM
hey buddy put your $$$ up and find out whats in there!!!!!

JCenduro
07-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Listen,racerx Be carefull what you ask for,You may be hurting your car owner with your mouth.I would bet that your wish is coming though. :help:

NEETS-1
07-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't know who is on who's team here and don't care to know...but I am glad it got back to my original idea- "you have a friend in the rulebook if you know there is a problem".
BUT...ask Gary first about the rules, so you are standing on concrete...and not quicksand.

joedirt
07-17-2005, 08:51 PM
:wave: hey jc do you have a car??? Just wanted to know because 99% of the time he who screams cheat is the biggest cheater in the class. So I just want to know who you are with because I will put up my money for you !!!! And I am sure I will get it back i dont need to defend bill price just let your money prove your point. It will show just like Shaun Burd,Bruce Long and several other drivers that were dominating a class but were all cheating and nobody had the NADS to put up there money. Hey with all your info and great knowledge why dont you drive the 00? We will see if the results are the same . The only thing that is monster about that car is the profit to investment ratio !! but hey ill take your $200.00 :wave: :wave: :wave: :applause: :applause: :applause:

JCenduro
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Joedirt,Billy B is aware of what I've done,and believe me,I could drive that car with no problem.I ran enduros for20 years and factory stock for 3years,at mvs.I've one my championship and competed with the same guys your running with right now.I know what it takes to win and be competetive.I also know when there is a ringer in the division.Have a nice day. :)

RACERX
07-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Racing enduros and racing mvs are not like racing a real division. So JC, bring your car, I will bring mine and we could have a friendly intermission race. That's if you think your compeTItive. thanks Bill Price J.R. (racerx)

joedirt
07-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, mr. cooper, Billy ran 9 years on dirt, he took his experience from dirt and put it on asphalt. He's a good driver and the car works well. What are you crying about already? Price has been torn down and his car is legal. What is the problem?? What is your point or what are you saying about the car already? We can honestly answer any questions you have, as we did so far. :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:

JCenduro
07-17-2005, 09:43 PM
You ran mvs they would chew you up and spit you out.Running for 20 laps at mvs,in a factory stock race,is no comparison to mountain.If you ran mvs factory stocks or anyone else that has, they know what I mean.Mvs has a very good factory stock division,and yes it is racing.I will find a car and see about your challenge.Iv'e raced with some big names too,and buy the way enduro drivers are the best drivers around,as Billy would say thats a FACT. :wave:

JCenduro
07-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I never said Bill wasn't a good driver, I only question the 305 to running a 350. I didn't know of the rule change till Billy said so. My mistake. Whatever he has, we will see some day, I guess. I am finished with this. Have a nice day and good luck the rest of the way. :)

NEETS-1
07-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Starter divisions such as Thrillers, Factory stocks or any other name you want to call them at any track will be the most diverse cars and drivers you will see...especially in the handling/speeds. There will be some there just for the fun and not worry about "set-up" or "the best motor/parts for the rules". There will be the middle of the road "learners" that are (trying) but more serious than the aformentioned. Then there will be the ones that have the experience in either the driving and /or the best preparation of the car to the rules.
Other higher up divisions will be closer in all aspects because of the experience they recieved in a lower division and rules. The top divisions will be even closer yet. Years of driving experience, lots of bux and cookie cutter cars will make the competition very close.
I am glad you have kept this thread to a low roar and a little respectful, but in this case, I think I am right to say that what I have written above is the answer to this whole problem.

joedirt2
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes, Billy, you have! And I do beleive that since certain drivers do dominate in lower classes, and that they should move up. But when you put yourself into the position for points, it would be damaging for you to do that in mid year. Now that Billy cut his teeth into asphalt, next year he won't be so dominant in a upper class. Billy, as you do know, I know what happens when you don't know where you stand as a driver. I had never driven a circle track car, ever. My first car was a full blown dirt mod!!!!! Boy, let me tell you, that is not where anybody wants to put themselves!!! My first race, I was 8 laps down!!!! Then when I thought I was fast, I rolled it 5 times. So I am sympAthetic to people who do start in the lower class, even if it is dirt to asphalt or visa versa. They are doing what I should have done.