PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lutz Down The Road To Race

Captain History
07-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Eric Lutz ran his Charger #36 at the Chemung Speedrome on Saturday night even though it was "outside" the rules of their Street Stock class; the Riverhead Chargers being off last Saturday didn't keep him from competing. He finished fourth, but he was basically told to stay out of the way of the leaders as it was double point night for that class.

nobandwagonhere
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Are we all talking about the same Eric Lutz?

chris061
07-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I think we are talking about the same guy. Obviously, you have something against him, but anyway, it was a beautiful track. If anyone ever gets the chance to visit there, do so, it is amazing what a race track really looks like.
Chris Busick

bulldozer
07-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Should HAVE let us know we could run there. I would HAVE GONE. :(

nobandwagonhere
07-13-2005, 10:35 PM
I have nothing against Eric personally so put down the pom poms please.
Quote:"Eric can always be counted on to run well, no matter where he races."
I happen to disagree. Thats all. He just doesnt impress me. I have replaced plenty of body panels on different cars due to him. Not saying hes a mess, but not a superstar either. Ask Brad.

unowho243
07-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah Lets Just Say Eric Isnt Brad's Favorite person :mad:

Brad will be back in the 10 car this weekend though :applause:
Go Brad!

chris061
07-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Well as far as Brad goes, I do not know him, but I have always respected his driving. In my opinion, after watching a video of the race, Brad was high and brushed the wall and that is how he got into it with Eric. I do not want this to turn into a stupid typing war, to which people hide behind there screen names. That is just my opinion on how it happened. Believe me, if someone is on the outside of you, and you want to send them, wouldn't you do it and not wreck you own car? I just think it was a racing deal and no harm meant. I hope their season goes better, because with only 21 cars left, Riverhead can't afford to lose any cars. Good luck to everyone.
Chris Busick

unowho243
07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm not hiding behind any name I'm Jim Laird it says so in my signature Below and it has for about a month now!

DAN D.
07-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Eric was the one to snap the welds on my rear bumper(63 charger) Yes I was being passed on the outside by all except Eric, It seemed he wanted to help me down the straights, I give Eric Lots of credit for trying Chemung....Is that The Bodines old track?

Captain History
07-17-2005, 01:14 AM
I know Eli Bodine was involved. It was paved in 1969. This is on the Chemung website:
The Chemung Speedrome was originally built as a ¼ mile dirt track in 1951 by the Bodine family of Chemung, NY, and it closed in 1978. After buying the track in 1985, the current owner started to rebuild the track in 1997 and in October of 2000 had its inaugural race event.