PDA

View Full Version : Bill France regarding NY Track progress

racing#s
07-13-2005, 08:23 AM
In NASCAR news Bill France was asked about NY Track progress;
On the New York City track progress

"They've acquired the land, are doing the grassroots interest in the New York area, particularly Staten Island. They're having some success. They're working on the ingress/egress and the massive parking and transportation plan, which are coming along real well, and that's really all I know."

Notice he says, "particularly" Staten Island. Also says, "some success". Can we assume Yaphank's also being tossed around? I doubt there's any chance of 2 NASCAR tracks being built in N.Y., especially within such a close perimeter. I think we can go on a limb and bet there will be one or the other. Could we be so lucky ?

btgoss
07-14-2005, 08:08 AM
The Staten Island track will be built. I think the Mayor is on board with the project, as it is not being done with city money, and once they get a plan for traffic lined up, it will start.
The Yaphank track, on the other hand, well, I doubt that will ever get built. Steve Levy, while not against the track, has stated that the land use is tied to building affordable housing on the site, along with the track. That is never going to happen. The people who want to build the track don't want to build housing. So that will be the deal breaker. But let us pretend that it does get built.
SO here is what you have...
Staten Island track owed by ISC.
Yaphank track owned by a bunch of "outsiders"
Who gets the Truck date, and maybe a Busch date.... Let me think....

The Yaphank track would be better built as a copy of Irwindale, and race weekly, and include multiple forms of racing. Then it would work, but the neighbors might complain.

And before anyone one says, "well those people who move in will know the track is there and not complain..".. well I know coffee is hot, but someone still got rich spilling hot coffee in their own lap while driving.... so clearly logic and reason has no place in the court of law.

btgoss

RACENUT
07-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Let's Just Hope That Someone Builds A 1/4 Mile Track Somewhere On Long Island, Because Riverhead Raceway's Days Are Numbered.

44chargerfan
07-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Eventhough it would get rid of the chargers, blunderbusts,8's and maybe even the trucks, Riverhaed Township has perfect land to build. The Grumann Airstrips could be turned into a tri-oval like Talladega or then can use one strip for drag racing and use the other to make an oval

tgse
07-14-2005, 02:31 PM
The Staten Island track will be built. I think the Mayor is on board with the project, as it is not being done with city money, and once they get a plan for traffic lined up, it will start.
The Yaphank track, on the other hand, well, I doubt that will ever get built. Steve Levy, while not against the track, has stated that the land use is tied to building affordable housing on the site, along with the track. That is never going to happen. The people who want to build the track don't want to build housing. So that will be the deal breaker. But let us pretend that it does get built.
SO here is what you have...
Staten Island track owed by ISC.
Yaphank track owned by a bunch of "outsiders"
Who gets the Truck date, and maybe a Busch date.... Let me think....

The Yaphank track would be better built as a copy of Irwindale, and race weekly, and include multiple forms of racing. Then it would work, but the neighbors might complain.

And before anyone one says, "well those people who move in will know the track is there and not complain..".. well I know coffee is hot, but someone still got rich spilling hot coffee in their own lap while driving.... so clearly logic and reason has no place in the court of law.

btgoss

you are grossly misinformed my friend -on every point you tried to make in this post-especially that of the likelihood of the track being approved and built in Staten Island-there's probably a better chance of a superspeedway being built onthe moon

---the oval track is just one aspect of it---and there will be a 3/8 mile inside the 3/4 oval for "weekly racing"

Note to TGSE: Have you seen my post about the use of non-words? :mad: That's why some of yours is missing. I think it's important, if you're a spokesperson for something, to make an attempt to write your information professionally, not like some 13 year old in a chat room!!! You know, complete words, Capitalization where called for, proper punctuation, things like that. If your proposal to the county is written by you, this track will never break ground, much less get built. They'll wad your proposal up and put it in the round file.

W. Johnston
Forum Moderator

demoderby309
07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
prpoer punctuation
proper punctuation, I got ya Walter. :p

You win the booby prize. Now go find yourself one and squeeze it. LOL.
Yep. I, too, make occasional mistakes. Then I correct them. WJ

tgse
07-14-2005, 03:56 PM
you are grossly misinformed my friend -on every point you tried to make in this post-especially that of the likelihood of the track being approved and built in Staten Island-there's probably a better chance of a superspeedway being built onthe moon

---the oval track is just one aspect of it---and there will be a 3/8 mile inside the 3/4 oval for "weekly racing"

Note to TGSE: Have you seen my post about the use of non-words? :mad: That's why some of yours is missing. I think it's important, if you're a spokesperson for something, to make an attempt to write your information professionally, not like some 13 year old in a chat room!!! You know, complete words, Capitalization where called for, proper punctuation, things like that. If your proposal to the county is written by you, this track will never break ground, much less get built. They'll wad your proposal up and put it in the round file.

W. Johnston
Forum Moderator

youv'e (YOU'VE!) got to be kidding right----whee and prpoer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really do not think you would want to match wits with me my friend----it would not turn out very well for you---in any case no problem, this will be my last post on this site

allhailunc
07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
:mad: Hey Walt-is TSGE trying to worm in on my spot as the Jams biggest ballbreaker? and don't try to match wits with him-remember what happened when you tried that with me-all your hair turned grey (lol). TSGE- you've got to bring yourself down, my freind, from that pedestal you think you're on and bring yourself across a little more refined than what I've seen so far. we've not seen eye to eye on anything so far since you started posting here (which is why this sight is as good as it is, we are allowed to disagree on our thoughts & ideas). Maybe you're connected to the whole thing, maybe not but one thing is for sure, if you are, you should remember that it's us "local yokels" that will make or break this whole deal. I'm trying real hard to see things in a little more positive of a way, but the way you present yourself here on the Jam is a little too much for my style. One last thing; if you think you need to match wits with anyone, try me I'm always up for a good laugh. NUFF SAID

racing#s
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
If we had a vote,who would want the 'yaphank super complex',or a 1.5 mile NASCAR track in Staten Island ? I'd vote Yaphank but the only negative is that because they want all that other stuff ,I'd guess it would probably take 2-3 additional years to make the Yaphank deal.

pitbull113
07-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Can't we all just get along!! lol.

Old Man
07-15-2005, 01:19 AM
With his grade school spelling and use of words if tgse goes through with his never posting on here again then he will be the only one to miss his posts. And Allhail why would you want to go to battle of wits with someone that has no weapons. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

allhailunc
07-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Like I said Oldman-I love a good laugh. From what I've seen/heard from this person so far, he seems to think that he is "one step" above the rest of us Peons. The way he presents himself, along with the constant inclusion of the quotes. One thing I've never, ever though of myself is that I'm better than anyone else (cept maybe Dan D-"laugh out loud" I love ya Dan :lol: ) but this individual seems to come across as one who "knows it all" and does not like any sort of non-compliance with his train of thought. As for Walt's correction of punctuation/spelling, it's his obligation, as an administrator, to make damn sure of what is posted (both content & style) and if a correction has to be made, then he does it. Only those that take offense to his corrections and carry it on get "backlash" and if they cannot handle it-well "too bad". It's just a damn shame-this "idea" is great-the proposal/layout has some great qualities to it, but if it is his job to "promote" it to the public(whether here on The Jam-or anywhere else, for that matter) then I think they got the wrong spokesperson, plain and simple :disgusted

Hey Walt-hope I spelled everything right & my punctuation was proper-you know how I take to being corrected. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jones44
07-15-2005, 06:26 AM
If we had a vote,who would want the 'yaphank super complex',or a 1.5 mile NASCAR track in Staten Island ? I'd vote Yaphank but the only negative is that because they want all that other stuff ,I'd guess it would probably take 2-3 additional years to make the Yaphank deal.

If it were one or the other, I'd vote for Staten Island.

tgse
07-15-2005, 08:16 AM
My, My, we BOTH make typos, what a revelation. As to matching wits, I wasn't trying to do that. Actually, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an UNARMED PERSON such as yourself.
Check him out everybody, running away after one confrontation. He'll be a real ram-rod getting that entertainment complex built, don't you think??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allhailunc: Sadly enough, I was sort of on his side with this. I tihnk it's a great idea, but if he really is the official spokeperson, that group is in Trouble. I simply called him on presenting himself in the professional manner you'd expect from someone in that position, and he took umbrage, and collected his toys and went home, wah, wah, wah! :rolleyes:

Let me clarify how I view posting on this forum and any other forum for that matter. I do not consider these type of platforms to be proper for that of a "formal presentation" format. I view them as a bunch of interested parties and enthusiasts gathering to kick back and forth their personal thoughts, comments and suggestions in a lighthearted casual manner on a topic that they have a vested interest in. I respect the opinion of all others and do not in any way mean to come off as thinking I am above anyone on this site or anyone at all. If I did or do come across in that manner then please accept my apologies. I am not the official spokesperson for that company, but I am an interested party.

allhailunc
07-15-2005, 09:07 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: Well there is something we don't see too often. TGSE, there is no need for an apology, for, as you so eloquently stated, this is a forum, as are many others, for interested parties to kick back and chat about their thoughts & ideas. It just seemed that in your postings you came across quite strong and opinionated (as we all can be here and I'm the first to admit it). Please accept my apology for my statement, for I was wrong and am willing to admit such. I do hope if you attend the races this weekend, I can convey such in person and maybe we can discuss this whole thing in a better frame of mind. :wave:

SuperShafts
07-19-2005, 10:53 PM
OH i can understand the defensiveness, in case some of you might not have understood why let me help you . :help: You want to do something on the island all it needs is support and wanting, the people you are doing it for and would get the most out of it have a half assed i'll believe it when i see it attitude.......holy s**t i wonder why someone would be defensive, it so slipped right by me, i never would have been able to put my finger on it, could you imagine that?

allhailunc
07-20-2005, 05:43 AM
no half assed attitude here. It's a, "I'm tired of promises of this, that or the other thing coming to light and finding out that someone forgot to put in the friggin' light bulb". As for the "proposal", it is an awesome idea, notice I said idea. It "could generate 'mucho dinero'" for the local economy never mind the "prospect" of the jobs it "could" provide. However, one thing stands in the way, as of this time period, the economy. Can this facility, if it comes to be, handle the fact that not everyone out there has the extra $$$$ to be able to attend a complex of this proportion? Can it withstand the prospect of "lean times"? (Just ask the folks that built that "fiasco" at exit 68-Parr Meadows). Can it withstand one or more areas of its multi-entertainment aspect not making it? Sure, these are all questions that can only be answered by facing the music and getting this thing built. I say "go for it". If we, that being us "half-assed", "wait & see" folks are wrong, then I'll be the first to admit it-but if not then, we, as residents of Suffolk-Brookhaven, might wind up with another Parr Meadows. Just the thoughts of a half -assed "doubting Thomas". Nuff Said

tgse
07-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Can this facilty, if if comes to be, handle the fact that not everyone out there has the extra $$$$ to be able to attend a complex of this proportion?

Allhail--it is a proven and well documented fact that this sector of the economy (sports & entertainment) is practically recession proof---people will spend their very last nickel to attend their favorite entertainment event.

Add to that the fact that LI, for the most part, is not exactly what you would call one of your depressed areas of the nation. It's quite the opposite and you have a facility that will surely thrive. The purpose of the "multi" venue layout of the facility is not only to give everyone out there an entertainment outlet to enjoy, but also to ensure against your point of one venue possibly lagging in revenue, you have several others to carry the load.

Allhail, this proposal is very well thought out, scrutinized for every possible pitfall, many, many, years in the making and very well researched. This is not in any way, shape, or form a spur of the moment, let's throw together a business plan and pitch a "racetrack", because it seems like a good idea.

DAN D.
07-20-2005, 12:19 PM
WOW , I guess this is a sorrowful issue...being that everyone was apologizing for "stuff" allhailunc...writes
One thing I've never, ever though of myself is that I'm better than anyone else (except maybe Dan D-"laugh out loud" I love ya Dan ) always using me as a door mat..LOL. DID you shave off that orange county chopper Paul Sr fumanchu mustache? I have to write to OCC and ask if Paul Sr can wear a flag bandana.
Race Track anywhere on LONG ISLAND would be great . :D

pitbull113
07-20-2005, 09:57 PM
everbody is talking about the jobs it will create.unfortunately most of the jobs will be minimum wage jobs. the only people getting paid on this deal will be the contactors and the people running the show. Oh yeah and the people gettig paid for bulldozing riverhead because if this deal gets done so is RR.

SuperShafts
07-20-2005, 09:59 PM
no half assed attitude here. It's a, "I'm tired of promises of this, that or the other thing coming to light and finding out that someone forgot to put in the friggin' light bulb".

What promise, show up at Bald Hill, look for the Long Island driveshaft truck and me in my shirt.....or stop by the shop, and i'll show you what you think is a promise. The promise can only be broken by the non-registered voters and those that do promise to be at the meeting to vote yes, and don't show up...that means you would break the promise, NO ONE BUT ALL OF YOU.

As for the "proposal", it is an awesome idea, notice I said idea. It "could generate 'mucho dinero'" for the local economy never mind the "prospect" of the jobs it "could" provide. However, one thing stands in the way, as of this time period, the economy. Can this facility, if it comes to be, handle the fact that not everyone out there has the extra $$$$ to be able to attend a complex of this proportion?

Well, I'll bet when your taxes stop skyrocketing because FINALLY Long Island has something dumping money into the economy and not robbing from it, like the big chain stores who take theIr profit with them to theIr home state, that yes, you will have a few extra thousand a year not going to taxes and will be used for entertainment purposes.

RGeeProductions
07-20-2005, 10:01 PM
allhailunc, I may word it differently than you, but I agree with you.

allhailunc
07-21-2005, 05:26 AM
That's real funny supershafts-something making my taxes go down. HA-HA-HA. I live in Crookhaven-even if the good Lord himself came down, they'd find a reason to tax us more. :lol:

Guess I can take that extra few thousand a year and buy lots more golden brown Riverhead french fries. If nothing else, at least "we all" were included instead, of being singled out. I try to remain semi-positive (notice I say semi) because of things that have not come to pass in the past, or have gone "Kerplop" into the crapper (Parr Meadows,Shoreham), but until such I remain in a "cautious" sense. :wave:

tgse
07-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Whoa, can we get that in writing??? This extra tax money is going to REDUCE people's taxes??? It's not going to be spent (wasted) like most extra tax revenue usually is when it comes in??? Yep, I want to see THAT in writing, then I'll believe this is a GREAT proposal. Heck, I'll personally show up at every meeting there is, and rally the troops to get this pushed through. That wouldn't just be a break through, it would be historic and of epic proportion! :applause: Only thing is, I can't vote, because I don't live in Crookhaven, I live in I-Slip (the tax money in my pocket) township. :eek:

this is not meant to be controversial or antagonistic in any way shape or form
but are you sure you are a race fan and a supporter of a proposal of this nature---you seem to be attempting to fight this every step of the way with your comments---support is all that is needed or asked for---if you do not want to help in accomplishing just that -please let us know and we will stop even trying to keep members of this forum abreast of any progress on this proposal

SuperShafts
07-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok if you guy's can think beyond riverhead and LOOK i'll explain how your taxes will be effected.

Every year your taxes will go up, every year the schools will want more, every year every branch of the county will want cost of living increases. Riverhead dumps what said amount of $$$$ into what, where and how much? they RIVERHEAD doesn't even pay well to the drivers that win weekly or the championship (go talk to some of the modified drivers and the other classes), but they must dump a load of $$$$$$$ into the county or even the town. The level that SCSE park is on it would generate so much it would keep you from seeing tax increases, so this year as we got i believe a $600 increase for the school vote being voted yes in longwood, and twice that for the poor souls in sachems district...what would happen when you have 100mil and more coming in from a facility that can generate it. Riverhead is dumping in what, there isn't a damned thing here dumping a damned thing into anything other then the landfill

Sure the crookhaven crew stole, and now there in trouble and there getting there just deserve, a little late but no one wants to get involved and confront the problem, people who know me will tell you i was ready just waiting for a few more to do more than say i'll back you up, all anyone i asked had to do was go with me i was going to do all the talking right in there office, there front steps of there house, but no one who is overly concerned like EVERYONE claims they are wanted to come so i don't want to hear all the whinning about crooks and nothing getting done, hey were right back to lazy and doesn't concern me.

I come from a different upbringing, somethings wrong go confront it, put it right in there face, you want something do it, support it.

I can't believe im the only one is suffolk that wants to go to there houses and have a real talk with PEOPLE that STOLE from ME and YOU, think about something everything they did caused you to pay more so you were robbed the only thing missing was the gun pointed at your head, shouldn't you be f...ing fuming now and want some damned answers from a whole lot of people how in the hell this happened, wtf is wrong with everyone.

I know i know i can hear it now...what can we do, were no one, it won't work, right just keep thinking that way and nothing, but nothing will ever get better.

As for the SCSE park go and take a look around the country and the few that were built recently and see what they did for those states economy, THEN go and look at the population of that surrounding area by square miles, see how many people live in those square miles, then do the same here then you figure it out how much it would help the economy and keep your taxes at bay, maybe if you guy's stopped butting the bull in the head and listened to them and took some time out to get deeper into it you would know what there going to contribute to the county every year, and im not gonna make it easy for you to know your gonna have to leave the easy chair like i do.

Like TGSE said for a group that claims to support it this is sad, i keep telling you guy's THE ONLY THING THAT WILL MAKE IT NOT HAPPEN IS YOUR LACK OF SUPPORT i don't know how else to say it, print it, type it to get you to understand, this is kinda like talking to a wall.

One more thing the guys that are TGSE have a lot invested already in this, if i was them and im serious now, seeing this type of support would really make me think twice about What and Why im doing this, but luckily for you guy's they aren't me, and they are very committed to this and actually love the sport and every other aspect about it.

pitbull113
07-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Let me help you supershafts they are doing it for the money.

SuperShafts
07-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Let me help you supershafts they are doing it for the money.

Do you think that's all? i am not getting into anything other than that question with closed, doubting, no faith minded people. If it was all about the money then there would be no huge give backs, you really don't know what it is you are talking about

If you were to ever meet them and actually knew....the wall is winning and from the looks of the mind set here that's all it'll ever be