PDA

View Full Version : Attention: NEW Spell Check & Grammar Policy

LongIslandJam
07-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Walter and I discussed this tonight and we had a good battle of the ideas for 20 minutes, but as a team WE came up with this.

We will NOT edit your posts for spelling and grammar from NOW on, UNLESS you WANT us to. If you want to look like you have the communication skills of a 5-year old, that is your problem. We tried to spare you the embarrassment, but it seems that everyone thinks they know how to spell and how to write, so being the smart ones some of you are, you get your wish.

We will however still edit for unsubstantiated rumors as well as proper spelling and capitalization of names.

So for those who admit they make mistakes, e-mail us at forums@racerhub.com to continue your free spell check service.

Any questions feel free to e-mail me at JAckley@longislandjam.com or Walter at WJohnston@longislandjam.com

Thank you for your understanding,

Rich Johnson
07-15-2005, 11:28 PM
I would like to keep my free spell check service intact...
I would prefer it be done quietly...So I don't look stupid to my peers.
If I continue to make the same mistakes, and act arrogantly about my shortcomings, you have permission to "rub my face in it".

RACINRICH

DAN D.
07-16-2005, 12:20 AM
:lol: Spell check me, grammar check me, do what you feel is appropriate. That's what has been done in the past, and if you or the powers to be feel you need to delete a post/ reply because you THINKit's done on purpose or intentionally, then delete it!! (Maybe that word is spelled wrong? is spelt a word, like I spelt it wrong??? LOL

Yes, Dan, spelt is a word, and you used it correctly. :applause: WJ

allhailunc
07-16-2005, 04:23 AM
Same here-keep my spell check-deletion intact. But I warn you, if you do, it's not more White castles for you Ja & Walt-I'll figure something out for you :lol:
Personally, though, I'd rather see it kept-sometimes a "misspelled" word or an improperly hyphenated word can be misconstrued as not what the author was attempting to get across, and we all know what can happen if that occurs. :wave:

44chargerfan
07-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Do No Spellcheck Me

RGeeProductions
07-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Do No Spellcheck Me Two, LOL...............

Mike Fields
07-16-2005, 11:23 AM
JA, does this mean the your new policy won't allow us to march on Home Depot in protest?

RGeeProductions
07-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Mike, I think you are obsessed!!!!!

BWR
07-16-2005, 11:36 AM
HEY LEAVE HOMEDEPOT OUT OF THIS . CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE THE SPELL CHECK IS ON MY COMPUTER FOR THESE POST THAT I MAKE :help:

DAN D.
07-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Happy Birthday Mike Fields. Now, does that get deleted and spell checked?LOL

Mike Fields
07-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Geez Dan, I hope so!

WJ, u kan alwaz chek my speling and gramr thanx i rely apreciate it afta al i wudnt want to luk lik wild wile so do whateva ya ned to do so my posts lok lik they shud luk at al timz thanx for reeding this and il tauk to you soon

now that i lukd at this, i think tha word shud be 'tawk' not 'tauk' sory

debbie33
07-17-2005, 05:05 AM
You can edit my posts whenever it is needed. I do not have a problem with someone telling me when I did something wrong. Well, yes I do but, I give you permission to do it.

redwiteandblue
07-18-2005, 02:18 PM
THANK YOU! I guess I'll take the spell check.

Mortgage Guy
07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Do not spell check me.....

richardpetey
07-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the assist W.J., before I could look it up in my Webster's you had my post corrected........................... :eek:
You are truly a spelling "aficionado".............................. :help:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BWR
07-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, I put s.c next to my avatar, which means spell check. :D

LIKE THIS W.J. - S.C.

broz
07-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Not all of us can edit that part of our signature though....

Please note I'm just a "Registered User" and I have no way to change that. :confused:

BWR
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Edit your profile Broz. If you need help, get with me tonight after 9, going to see the boss now (wife). :D

RGeeProductions
07-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Speak to JA, he can. I told him that night what you wanted, but was late and wouldn't go, he probably forgot to redo it.

Vinny, his editing of it himself is disabled so you can't give him a hand.

Ace
07-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Do not spell check me TY

BWR
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
Rgee Ok I Do It All The Time.

froggy4617
07-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Please check me...my fingers tend to get away from me when I type. I do it all day so when I get home my hands are tired!! thanks

DAN D.
07-28-2005, 09:33 PM
It seems to be working with some people making less mistakes in spelling, I know I go back and read my posts and correct them for the most part. I do not want to get b- slapped by anyone.. LOL True tho