PDA

View Full Version : 7/16 Feature

modified_fan
07-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Modified racing is certainly exciting this year at the Head. Last night's was action packed and filled with lots of thrills and little carnage (with one exception I'll mention).

What can we say about Jimmy Blewett? Ever since the 'fun' started with another car many weeks back, both drivers seem to have found no life. Last night Jimmy knifed his way from his 11th starting position to a hard earned victory. We must also congratulate him for one heck of a ride in Friday's tour show! He's a very interesting young man with an infectious smile.

Mike Andrews! 2nd.....1st....and 2nd in the last three weeks (coming from the back starting 13th last night)! And he almost.....almost made it 2 in a row, putting all of us on the edge of our seats, getting Jimmy sooooo sideways (the 5 does seem to correct himself well as he did with the 15 love tapping him last week).

Chuck Steuer......the Joe DiMaggio of Riverhead.....so very, very smooth he can slllllide from 17th to a 3rd finish making it look so very easy.

Lots of drivers in past races and past seasons have done well starting in the back, BUT have we ever had THIS many drivers have consistent success from nearly the rear of the field as we have had this season?

Can someone lend Kenny Heagy a little good luck??? I did not see how he was knocked out, but this man is too good a driver for all this to happen week after week.

On that note it was nice to see Lenny Fischer finish in one piece for a change.

The Bullfather
07-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I said it last nite as we watched the Modified class and I'll say it here:

"The Modifieds are finally back at Riverhead! They've finally have become the most competitive division to watch!" That being said, they've really improved and have become a great class to watch. So much passing this year, so much excitement, less train racing each other! It's enjoyable to see! :wave:

Teds Race Tours
07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
With my busy schedule this year(Cup trips, Honeymoon, Vacation), I've only been to Riverhead twice this year, but the Mod races I've seen in those 2 weeks were among the best 35 lappers ever at the Speedway. The top 3 came from 11th on back, and got to the front the old fashioned way, they passed cars. Didn't dump them, or knock them out of the way, they just were hooked up. I thought Andrews was gonna pass Blewett, but when Chuckie got on the outside of Mike towards the end, it pretty much took Mike's best shot away. Great racing at the 1/4 track.

And Kenny Heagy is having worse luck this year than a single guy at an Indigo Girls concert. I was standing right next to where his car came to a stop, and man he looked UPSET. Keep the chin up 33 team, the good finishes are coming.