PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Dreams Event-July 31st

88racer
07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
:p As the Late Models are off for the next two weeks I will have to keep you updated on the Checkered Dreams event from here.

The event is scheduled for Sunday, July 31st at the NEETS NASCARE event. Joining us are Kayla and Aaron. For any team interested in giving the kids team shirts Kayla wears a child large and Aaron wears an adult medium :D .

The following is a list of the items that have already been donated...
Trophies - Geno and Family
Photo album/Camera's - Howie and Cindy Bott
A Cake - Howie and Cindy Bott(ok probably just Cindy :lol: )
Checkered Dreams Blanket Kayla - Mac Brothers Racing
Blanket-Aaron - Barbush Racing
McDonalds items- Paine Racing

:help: There are a few other things we are looking hor help with :help:
*If you are interested in sponsoring one of the kids for their Checkered Dreams hat and T shirt the cost for that is $38.00 per child
*We are looking for gas cards to supply to the families-to help defray travel costs.
*Last year Geno got food catered, they did a great job and we would love to have them back and could use some monetary donations to pay for that.

We have recently added a Store with many Checkered Dreams items to Jackie's site at www.jackie88racing.com. There is a marquee on the front that takes you to the store. You may see something on there that you think the kids would like. All proceeds benefit the kids :applause:

:wave: Lastly don't forget about the rafting trip August 21st. Hopefully if these fundraisers go well I won't have to bug you guys for future events!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support, especially Billy and Joe, without them this couldn't happen :applause: :applause:

Sue Ziegler
Checkered Dreams

woot lawrence
07-17-2005, 10:27 PM
I would like to donate cash but I don't exactly know how. Will you guys be there Saturday night before the NASCARE race?

88racer
07-18-2005, 01:03 PM
At this point we have no plans to be there, but it depends on how quickly we can get plans together etc. :confused:

If you would like to send a check it can be made out to Checered Dreams and mailed to 3952 Crosskeys Road, Colllegeville, PA 19426.

Thanks we appreciate your support :p

Sue
Checkered Dreams

Geno
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, good news. The store that catered food last year for the kids and their families is still in business, so part of the donations received will go toward the food. :drool:

We've been told that the kids that are participating in our NASCARE event are so excited that they can't wait to get to the track! We are still looking for donations to help with some of the expense of making their day a truly fun one. If we can help these kids to forget what they experience on a day-to-day basis, even if it's only for a few hours, it will be worth every penny. If you can help in any way with the food, fuel or Checkered Dreams shirts and hats expense, please contact Geno at gjtost@verizon.net or Sue at suzyqst@aol.com for more information.

88racer
07-22-2005, 09:47 AM
:applause: Thanks Geno, glad to hear it, now the smiley is not the only one drooling :drool:

I remember how much the families loved the food last year.

Sue
Checkered Dreams

88racer
07-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Well the time is almost here and I've spoken to the kids families and they're very excited and looking forward to Sunday.

We are still in need of drinks for the families. If anyone has a sponsor that might be willing to donate drinks, ie, soda, water, juices, iced tea, etc., I would of course supply them with a letter from Checkered Dreams for their donations.

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks
Sue
Checkered Dreams :wave: