PDA

View Full Version : flaggers

bs4283
07-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I was just wondering what was going on with the flaggers & whoever's in charge of the lights... During the mod race they threw the green, ran a lap, put the caution lights on, some of the flaggers threw the yellow, then they kept racing for two laps, then put the green lights back on.... THEN they finally threw the caution & went back to the lineup the way it had been on the previous restart. Somebody had better start keeping better track of what is going on, there's no reason stuff like that should be happening. Trying to listen to the lineup on the track radio is funny in itself, if there's two cars with the same number I thought one of them was supposed to add an X or something. Start getting your stuff together guys, it's not like it's the first race of the season... all these bugs should be worked out by now. :disgusted

NEETS-1
07-18-2005, 10:28 AM
I talked to the flagger at the end of the night and he said his flag bumped the light switch...nothing was said on the radio so the other flaggers did not know what was going on. "Caution" is usually yelled over the radio and was not in this case. It had the corner flaggers stumped.
It is not a case of non-professionalism...it was an accident which every one has now and then. (even officials)
In all fairness to the drivers, they were lined up as it was a re-start so no one gained or lost positions due to a flaggers error.
The best decision and most professional.
Your added comments were un-just and un-called for...why not just ask what happened, instead of making them a fool. :disgusted

bs4283
07-18-2005, 10:44 AM
I thought that was why we had to have track radios so that everyone knew what was going on, he should've come across & said what had happened so that the crew knew what was going on. I'm sure if you would've been a driver in that situation you would've been wondering what was going on too

NEETS-1
07-18-2005, 10:57 AM
I am sure I would have in this case, and DID have that experience (a few times) before when I was racing....I asked what happened...it was explained to me and I left it at that.
All else, I explained in my first post about the radios.