PDA

View Full Version : Late Model Tires

NEETS-1
07-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Just want to let you know Goodyear has sent down tires. They and others will be tested in the next week and I will let you know of the results.

Let me know of your current opinions on this tire situation.....I am hearing totally different stories from each team I talk to in the pits. Some like this one...some the other...some are junk...some say stay till the end...some say get the Am Racers back. What do you think (please, drivers/owners/crew only answer).

DeanKline
07-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I feel the American Racer tires were a more affordable tire for the division. By affordable, I mean a set of American Racers lasted longer than the current Hoosier tires. When teams are able to either save money or invest their money into their race teams and not into tires bi/tri-weekly...then you're going to have happier drivers and teams with better equipment. (And in both situations...you should have better racing and a better show for the fans) Just wanted to throw my two cents in.

Dean Kline

2j Late Model
07-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Well said Dean,

Many drivers would like to see the American Racers come back. Like Dean said extra money for better equipment, or more cars in my case. I say bring back the American racers for the late models..........

Jason 2j :wave: :wave:

monk
07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
When the track was on American Racers, Fred from Lias tire would make periodic visits to the track to at least see and heAr from the racers.... I haven't seen anyone from hoosier there. I say give the Goodyears a fair tire test, and then we have something to compare the American Racers to. I'm sure Fred would appreciate the business again and we know what we will be getting.