PDA

View Full Version : Racer's Night Out Update

CJfilms
07-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok, the other thread has gone too far off the path... Let's not respond to this thread with common conversation, please, Lisa and I are working hard to pull this off successfully and we need your support and answers...

I am bringing:
1 fold up table
1 Cooler/propane grill combo
3 George Foreman Grills
1 15lb rack of Rib Eye steak for grilling (approx 20 steaks)
1 20x40 car port
(NOTE: I have not tested putting all of this stuff in my car yet, so i might be short the table...)
The photo booth will be used for a lot of the cooking and dispensing of eating materials...

If you are planning on bringing something OTHER THAN YOURSELF, PLEASE POST IT HERE!!!!! Lisa and I are trying to organize this as much as possible in the short amount of time we have, so we need to know what we have and what we will need, and most importantly WHO IS BRINGING WHAT.
If you plan on bringing paper plates for example, please say so otherwise Lisa or myself will have already brought them. We want this to be a HUGE success and we are both really hyped up about this party.
Once again if you are bringing anything POST IT HERE. This is a RACER's event, therefore the RACERs are coming together to pull this off. Billy brought most of the stuff last time and I, among others, am thankful that he did that, but he should not be entirly responsible for this party we are arranging. Please, everyone contribute! Plates, cups, napkins, salads, sodas yada yada yada, you think of it POST IT HERE....

Thank you
Joe

2Fast4U
07-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks Joe ONCE again for your help here!
I will bring barbecue and hamburger buns, Brownies, 2 small folding tables, also have an electric grill I can bring if needed. I also had gotten some racing banners of Coors Light and Bud we can hang for the guys.
We'll have to see what else as the list goes on.
Thanks, Lisa

richardpetey
07-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey just let me know what ya need, I don't get invited to many parties.................... ;)
I'd like to bring some of those yada, yada, yadas...but I don't know where to get'em............................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

J & J Racing 41
07-22-2005, 09:49 PM
I will be bringing along a couple cases of liquid refreshments and lots of chips, snacks etc. I will tell Speedway Phil to do the same

NEETS-1
07-22-2005, 09:57 PM
I will bring 2 garbage cans full of 2 types of amber liquid....a few cases of soda and my folding 10x10 tent thingy.
Mama NEETS is making a big tin of macaroni salad.
I'll talk to Bob H and get about 300 wings catered again, they always do well.
I will get the ice that day from Matt Balliets' Country Corners.

Geno
07-22-2005, 10:24 PM
I have a set I can bring that Friday for ya's...let me know. I can pretty much bet I'll be MIA on Saturday though (or just turned sideways...where's Geno? :lol: )

BlingxBling
07-22-2005, 11:10 PM
My friend Lisa and I will be bringing some spirits... I am open for suggestions...but I can't go where with out my Goldschlager and my vodkas!!! Since I am unable to get to NY between now and the party, there will be NO jungle juice, since grain is not sold in PA. :*-(

I have lack of experience in the cooking department, so I am not allowed to cook...after the past two times of me almost burning down the house...anything that requires store purchase and no cooking, give me notice and I shall bring it....

2Fast4U
07-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks BlingxBling we drink any kind of drinks YOU know US!!!
We can also use some paper plates, napkins,forks, knives, Hamburgers, hot dogs and buns, any kind of food items are a plus. If you have any folding tables we can sure use them. If you think of anything eles just let me know..
Thanks Lisa
Thanks also J&J Racing! Extra beer is nice and sure bring some Snacks (Chips, pretzles ect.). If you have a canopy we can use more of them and a folding table.
Uncle Petey Thanks to you also!
Listed above are a few items we can still use..Whatever you decide please let Joe and I know.
If everyone chips in here we will have a nice time!
I want all you guys to have a great time you ALL DESERVE it! That is why I wanted to go all out with Joe and Billy and make it just that!

White Lightnin
07-23-2005, 04:44 PM
The Crossroads Inn is at your service, once again. We will have a few hundred hot and toasty wings delivered right on time with a couple of containers of sauce. I'll have to stick around a bit longer this time because I get a feeling that I missed something last time, after it got dark. I really enjoyed reminiscing with that ol' coot, Bill Verwys. He is the only one that I have ever met that remembers more useless information than I do about racing. I'll have to dig up some more old Evergreen stories for him. :applause:

Racing Rebel
07-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Mac Brothers Racing will bring:
Plates
Cups
Plastic ware ***Huge 300 packs or so.
I'am also going to make about 10-15lbs of sausage & peppers (Probably not enough for 100+ people but atleast something) ;)
Along with some hard rolls (not the kind that we had for entertainment at the last party either!!!) :disgusted
About a case of soda also
Oh and I almost forgot (JJ's part :D ), A folding table
10x10 canapoy too

Can't wait!!!
:rolleyes: :applause:

2Fast4U
07-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Thank You Mac Brother's
Lisa

BlingxBling
07-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Update...after a trip to my parents house, I obtained the directions from my mother on how to make her ziti. So put that on the list. Luckily she will be home next week so I can go to their house and she can help me! I will also make some noodle salad. (these are easy things)

I am going to make a list of what is already being brought and putting names next to it, this way if I see anything that could also be of use, people who need ideas just can look at the list. I can admit that it is a pain in the tush to have to keep reading through the posts...

Plates-Mac Brothers Racing
Cups-Mac Brothers Racing
Plastic Ware-Mac Bothers Racing
Sausage and Peppers-Marissa
Hard Rolls-Mac Brothers
Propane grill/cooler-Joe
3 George Forman grills-Joe
Ribeye Steaks-Joe
Hamburger/BBQ Buns-Lisa
Brownies-Lisa
Tables-Lisa, Joe (maybe), JJ
Chips and snacks-J&J Racing and speedway Phil
Liquid Refreshments-J&J Racing and speedway Phil, Billy B, Mac Bothers
Macaroni Salad-Mama Neets
Wings-Crossroads Inn
Ice-Matt Balliets Country Corners
Ziti-Bling and Lisa
Adult Spirits-Bling and Lisa
Noodle salad-Bling and Lisa
Tents-Billy B, Joe, Mac Brothers

Anyone need ideas?
Hamburgers
Hotdogs
Napkins

I was wondering about ketchup and mustard and stuff like that?? Lisa and Joe you both can count on me to help you all out as well...Although Saturday I have an appointment to get my hair cut, eyebrows waxed and what not (don't think you all are special or anything (haha j/k) I got to get this done before I go on vacation in 2 weeks) and that is up in Scranton. So I am not due back to my house until like 5pm. Going to grab everything and then head out to the track....

richardpetey
07-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Since the want list includes'em, I'll bring the "tube steaks"................ :eek:
For all you leakers, I'll lug in some napkins, also..................... :drool:
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
07-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks to everyone so far who has posted things here, we appreciate everything we can get to put towards making this event the best it can be.

A extra special thanks goes out to Woot Lawrence, #34 4CSM, who GAVE us a huge charcoal grill to use for the event and keep afterwards for future events. Also, he said he would bring a few bags of charcoal, hamburgers and buns! Thanks a bunch Woot and crew!

Also, i am going to change what i am bringing a little... Instead of one big steak, Lisa showed me a coupon for 'Hazel Meat Packaging'(i think thats the name...) and i picked out a pretty good spead of burgers, hot dogs, hot and sweet sausages and even some steaks...

As far as condiments... I threw in :cool: a few extra items on the tracks regular order form... So we will have ketchup, mustard, relish, rolls, among other things that are already at the track.

The photo booth looks like a neglected closet right now, but the car port is there, a few tables, Lisa's grill, Woot's grill, the Coors girl, a bunch of coors/bud banners and there is still a bit of room left...SO LET'S FILL IT!

Thanks again everyone,
Joe

NEETS-1
07-25-2005, 08:21 PM
The Enduro Goers of America has placed a warning to family types via a time chart rating on Saturday nights party.... It looks like this;
8-10pm= G (for general party goers of all ages)
10-11pm= PG-13 (children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult to explain just what the hell these adults are doing)
11-12pm= R (no one under 16 without a parent is allowed to watch the other adults make fools of themselves over and over)
12 midinght-?= UNRATED ( This is definetly at your own risk. There may be violence, nudity, language, strong sexual content).

Not adhering to the party policy ratings will result in; lower thoraxial rash, fluid loss, spotty area swelling, tingling of the short and curlys and LSS (loose sphincter syndrome).
Symptoms; wet mouth, wet pants, dizziness, scraped knees/elbows, ability to understand garble, and unusually cold buttocks. :applause:

BlingxBling
07-25-2005, 09:01 PM
OK since I am always at work any more and the security is so HIGH (its the government, what can ya expect?) that I can not access chats to catch a 411 on this party. Is there going to be a theme? And even more important when arriving on Saturday, can we drive right into the pits?

NEETS-1
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Theme is FUN and YES you can drive into the pits.

88racer
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
:help: I know this is begging, but hopefully after these fundraisers on Sunday, I won't have to pester anyone for future events. I was hoping that since the stuff will already be at the track, people would be willing to donate left over items (unused, of course :lol: ). Such as paper plates, utencils, left over soda's etc.

As we won't be able to attend the party, due to preparations for the event on Sunday, I was hoping to throw the question out here and see what you all think.................

Thanks so much for everyone's support. :applause:

Sue
Checkered Dreams

Racing Rebel
07-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Hey Sue-
(Especially since we had to cancel for the rafting trip due to the Thrillers running on Aug. 21...) We are bringing plates, cups, and plasticware for Saturday's bash and I will make sure there are extras for the Sunday event. We are also in the process of trying to get some soda on tap for Saturday. If we succeed, I will also make sure there is extra for Sunday. Can't promise anything as far as the soda, but count us in for the paper products. See ya Sunday.

Marissa

NJ Chick
07-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Looks like more desserts are needed for those sweet tooths (teeth?), so I will make chocolate chip cookies.....I won't be at the party, but will bring them Friday night and give to someone for safe keeping....not safe eating...safe keeping!! :lol: Any takers? :wave: :wave:

2Fast4U
07-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks NJ CHICK,
I will be at the track Friday Night..Since I am putting this together. For safe keeping you can drop off your cookies to me I will be with Mark Paine #72 Thrillers.
Thanks Again Lisa

2Fast4U
07-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Anyone that would like to drop off items for the Sat. Night Party, Can do so Friday Night to me at Mark Paine's car #72 Thriller..
Thanks Everyone,
Lisa

88racer
07-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks Marissa, you're a doll. I'd say it about your whole crew but I'm afraid of what they'd do to me :lol:

Sue
Checkered Dreams

Racing Rebel
07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Your very welcome, Sue! I enjoy doing things for the kids. I think your right, it's bad enough that I'am a girl and racing but to refer to the guys as dolls...........you said it right ---they all enjoy helping!!! See ya then.
Marissa
P.S. check your email!

CJfilms
07-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Let's keep the conversation on the subject at hand... Not to double talk Lisa, but you can also drop things off at the photo booth as well. We are hoping that everyone who is bringing something will at least be there for the party... Plus, if anything needs to be kept cold, we will be using the track freezers to preserve things from Friday night into Saturday night. We won't have a ton of room, but we won't let anything go bad either...

I will be talking to Lisa tonight for a final update before the races... We are going to go over the list so far and discuss what time we will start setting up for the party, keep in mind the test&tune will start at 6 but the party starts at 8...

Also, I wanted to thank Billy for putting a child guidline on the party throughout the night... Once people start drinking, the children should not be around. For safety and ... :eek: other :help: ... reasons, any underage person you bring, YOU must be aware of the consequences...

If there is anything important that needs to be posted before Friday, do it now. After Lisa and I converse, we'll put up a final update tomorow with the list and so forth.

Later,
Joe :wave:

CJfilms
07-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Here's what the list looks like:

Plates, cups, plastic ware and napkins -Mac Brothers Racing
15lbs Sausage and Peppers W/ rolls -Marissa
Meat package(hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, steaks) and rolls, 3 George Foreman grills, propane grill/cooler -Joe
BBQ and Buns, Brownies -Lisa and Mark
Tables -Lisa, Joe, JJ
Beer, Chips and snacks -J&J Racing
Macaroni Salad and Potato Salad -Mama Neets and Debbie
Wings and sauces, and ice -Billy in accordance with Crossroads Inn & Matt Balliets Country Corners
Ziti, Adult beverages and noodle salad -Bling
Tents -Billy B, Joe, Mac Brothers
Choc. Chip cookies -Cindy
Horseshoes -Geno
Charcoal Grill, bags of charcoal, hamburgers and buns -Woot
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, rellish and cheese for the burgers) will be provided by the conscession stand

Suggestions for items not listed:
Table covers
extra folding tables
folding chairs!!! (write your name on the back if you bring any)
different types of side items... salads and such
snacks and deserts
games for later at night

If you plan on adding/correcting anything on this list please post it ASAP. If you want to bring something not listed, let us know by coming up to the photo booth on Friday night if you are there. As previously stated, feel free to bring anything up to ther track on Friday night so that we can be sure of what we will have for the party. Any questions feel free to call me, 267-767-4923.

Hope to see everyone at the track on Saturday!!!!
Joe

NEETS-1
07-27-2005, 11:19 PM
I will also be bringing some late night party items....12" hot dogs...twin stick popsicles....whipped cream....blindfolds...hehe. :D

BlingxBling
07-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Billy you let me know who has one of those "12 inch hot dogs"....popcicles....double sticked huh? Blind folds?? This isn't going to be one of those type of events that you pay $19.95/hr to view the film on the internet is it? hahaha...

As for games, Dizzy bat! (You know the game where you have groups, we had 4 groups, and one person from each group has to run down to the bat put their head on the end of the bat and spins around like 10 times and then has to run back, then the next person goes, so on and so forth.). I had just experienced that game at a party a few weekends ago. It is a typical group game found at picnics, but since we were all plastered it was a pants p*ssing experience. Typical picnic games are wicked funny when you add a bunch of drunken people to the mix.

Last but not least...does ANYONE know if the eye candy himself is going to be there? I am sure most of you are wondering, "who are you talking about"?! You know, BOBBY PEASE!!!!

Racing Rebel
07-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey Joe,
I forgot to put on my original post...Napkins
Uncle Petey put that he will bring 'em :confused:
I have no problem but I'm going shopping tomorrow early in the day, so if I do need to bring them, please let me know ASAP. :confused:

Marissa

P.S. I'm so sorry that we went off the track of the almighty drink fest!! :eek:

kinserfan11
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi. Do I have to bring anything to the mt. speedway racer's nite out pit party sat. night? please let me know before sat. morning? thanks, jeff :)

kinserfan11
07-28-2005, 08:19 PM
joe; what would you like me to bring to the pit party? i should be there friday nite; so please ask me? bye jeff :)

BlingxBling
07-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Kinser, I would say anything that isn't on the list....easiest thing to get would be table covers....chairs.

Billy...I wrote you a PM...let me know what you think....
(Check your PM Bling)

Racing Rebel
07-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey Joe-
If you can add to the list of stuff......Jello Shots curtisy (I think that's how you spell it!)(nope-try courtesy-WJ) of my Mom. See ya soon! :applause:

Marissa

CJfilms
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm leaving for the track in a few hours, so this will be my final post on this thread...
-I repeat-
I'm leaving for the track in a few hours, so this will be my final post on this thread...

Jeff, if you want to see me at the track tonight, that will be fine. In the case that I don't see you, feel free to bring whatever you would like to bring. You can use the items I listed as suggestions for a guide... extra tables, chairs or tents will not go to waste... On the other hand, if you want to just bring yourself, you are more than welcome to.

Marissa, Jello Shots will be very much appreciated :D I'm sure of it. As far as napkins, if you want to bring a pack and Petey brings a pack as well...extra napkins will not go to waste.

Also, I apologize for not posting anything last night...I work nights, so I didn't even see the forum until this morning, sorry!

As a final update I would just like to say this...
I would like to thank the academy, also...(woops! wrong speech)
This is a Mountain Speedway Racers Night Out party combined with a NEETS pre-race pit party. Our goal for this event was to get all different varieties of racers to come together, not just to attend this as another event, but to come as a whole family of racers. There is a lot of online support, and i hope to see even more people in the pits Saturday night. So far this is already a success to me just from looking at this thread... Let's make this event a milestone and start brining life back into the pits...i know how awkward that sounds, life in the pits! :-B

I will see some people tonight, but for the rest of you,
SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!
Joe

monk
07-30-2005, 01:18 PM
team 3:16 will be bringing the Meataballs tonite

2Fast4U
07-31-2005, 08:14 PM
First off I would like to THANK EVERYONE for being such GREAT people,(Esp. Billy and Photo Joe) for all the food, drink's and anything eles that was brought to the party last night. I thought it was really nice that alot of people came up and just handed me things. It just goes to show how many good people are really out there and we at the MNT. are glad we have you all! For you that didnt come man you all MISSED YET ANOTHER GREAT PARTY!! Billy Thanks for all your WILD GAMES(OPPS forgot the HORSE SHOES) BUT I can say I DO NOT want to eat another BANANA AGAIN!
A BIG Thanks to Mark Paine for helping me out as the cook for the night. Everything went well!
I would like to plan another party in the pit's an over nighter for Labor Day. Maybe we can have it on a Sunday.. Have to talk with BILLY!
Hope you ALL enjoyed yourselves and look forward to seeing you back!
Ps..The person who made the BEANS. I Have your pot. I will be at the track this friday you can see me then i will be with the 72 thriller (Mark Paine).
Thanks Again each and everyone of YOU!!!
Lisa

Racing Rebel
08-01-2005, 01:44 PM
April & I had a blast!!! :lol: I even approched Billy last night and asked him if we can put a passenger seat in the Thriller, but due to safety...NO!!! :-| I will continue to run the Thriller, but as long as the guys have a car working, I will run an Enduro also. :applause: (Hopefully more often then not, April will be by my side...Sorry Kevin :( ) I want to say Hi to Kayla, :wave: I heard that you were over to the trailer and I wasn't there. I really enjoyed meeting you and I hope you enjoyed your ride. :wave: Thank You EVERYONE for EVERYTHING!!! To Joe C, the photo guy.....(I know I said this on the NEETS forum, however I feel that it needs to be said again!!!) just remember what paybacks are!!!!!! :disgusted Think VERY clearly about what you are doing with your pictures before you do it!!! I think everyone will agree with me. It's was all fun and "games", but you don't want to put anyone's eye out with Moon shots!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Everything went very well. :applause: However...someone must say this........WHERE WERE THE MOUNTAIN DRIVERS??????? (I won't list everyone, due to fear of missing someone) But besides the usual Mountain/Enduro driver combination, and the 3:16 crew, I don't think that there was anyone from the Mountain there. If I missed someone, I'm sorry, but a bunch of us were talking at the party and there really was not a lot of Mountain Driver support. All I'll say is you guys missed out!!!! :cool: