PDA

View Full Version : 7/23 Thoughts

modified_fan
07-24-2005, 09:01 AM
1. Way to go Lenny! :)

I only pray that the track has not taken away your well deserved win in the time since I left the track last night, knowing that you said you were still having to go to 'the office' for the 'infraction' of too many on the track for victory pictures.

You held tight on the outside. You pushed cleanly into first and then kicked ***! Year after year, you bring competitive equipment and clean driving to the mod field at this place. You have a smile and friendly attitude that makes it a pleasure to compete against you.

Congratulations!!!

2. JR! :wave:

If anyone missed the first mod heat, you missed the wildest race of the night. The 2 starts 9th and is in typical JR form from the get go. The poor 5 almost winds up in the wall on the backstretch with the 2 pushing upppp and by him. Next, the 12 gets pushed out of the way as the 2 marches then into a qualifying spot. The resulting jumble of frenetic better cars brings us crazed side by side racing for the last lap or so.

It was like a tornado came in and hit town. JR is NEVER, EVER BORING! But I guess I don't have to remind you all of that.

3. This one time the starters BLEW it. :confused:

I have to vent, but I am referring to that restart at about lap 8, when as the leaders were between turns 1 and 2 and with the field well spread out, the starters decide to take the race green in turn 3. The middle and the rear of the back raced hard to bunch up and the result was disaster!

Howie Brodie, Mike Andrews, Jr., Wayne Anderson, JR Bertuccio, all handicapped in the middle, were taken out of the race as the front cars braked to safely navigate side by side in turn 4. Week after week the track staff scolds the drivers to 'use their heads' and drive cleanly to give the fans a good show. I'm sorry, but this time the track staff let the drivers down. That field was NOT ready to be restarted. I guess track officials are human too.

The Bullfather
07-24-2005, 01:29 PM
What was the official call on Ken Heagy? Why was he black flagged?

Going under the white line? He never gained any positions!

Leaking oil, gas or water? I didn't see any signs of a wet spot on the track when he pulled away from the infield, before he headed to the pits.

The front brakes on fire? Rough riding?

What ever it was, Heagy stayed in the pits for the night, so I guess it could have ended his night and a few weeks of racing, with daamge to his race car.

Hey, debbie or Ken, maybe you could give us the low down on the car's situtation?

thanks!

The Bullfather
07-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks Walter for the post, it clears things up!!! I was wondering what the fuss was about when they threw out the black flag. Some people said he had a tire going down, which you could see while sitting in the infield wasn't the case!

One day Kenny! Hey, he did win last years event that gave him a roster spot in the main for the North vs South Shootout! One more time Kenny! :wave:

Mod Fan 3
07-26-2005, 11:55 AM
To W Johnston: I don't know who your source is that you got your information from, but no one from the 05 mod team ever complained to the officials about Ken Heagy leaking fluid on the track at anytime during the race. So, check your sources before assuming anything.

LongIslandJam
07-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Mod Fan 3,

I believe it was announced on the PA system as Hartmann's crew complaining.

debbie33
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
It came over the loud speakers loud and clear that the 05 crew complained about us leaking. If the 05 crew did not complain then why were some of the 05 crew on the ramp right before we got black flagged and you were one of them Aaron. So don't try to put the blame on anyone else but yourselves. With friends like you guys I would rather have dinner with my enemies.

Mod Fan 3
07-26-2005, 01:33 PM
To Debbie 33 no one from the 05 crew ever went up to the ramp during the race to complain about you guys leaking fluid so i dont know what you are talking about. Debbie i dont know how you saw me on the ramp before kenny got black flagged when i was standing behind you in the stands.

Mod Fan 3
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
To W Johnston: I do listen to the radio every week.

LongIslandJam
07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I listened to the PA system and the announcers definitely pointed out the 05 crew was complaining about the 33 leaking. And that's a FACT.

Let it be known that there's no shame in complaining to the officials. So I don't see why you are getting so wound up unless they attributed the complaint to the wrong team.

debbie33
07-26-2005, 01:53 PM
I did not say I saw you, I said you were seen. It doesn't matter, whatever, we have a lot of bad luck this year, but when it turns around, we will see who is one of the cars to beat out there. Kenny is one of the nicest, cleanest and fairest drivers out there, and he would rather beat someone fair and square on the track. Just remember, what goes around, comes around, and God don't like ugly!

Richie
07-27-2005, 05:47 PM
There is no ugly. Just some better looking than others

unowho243
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I did not say I saw you, I said you were seen. It doesn't matter, whatever, we have a lot of bad luck this year, but when it turns around, we will see who is one of the cars to beat out there. Kenny is one of the nicest, cleanest and fairest drivers out there, and he would rather beat someone fair and square on the track. Just remember, what goes around, comes around, and God don't like ugly!

Ditto to that debbie

DAN D.
07-27-2005, 10:27 PM
:disgusted :disgusted :disgusted :disgusted :disgusted :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( :-| :-| :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :( :( :( :( :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
sorry lost for words... and true about the bad luck to a good group of people with the mod33 and charger18