PDA

View Full Version : 7/30 Ramblings

modified_fan
07-31-2005, 02:51 PM
1. Wayne.......What a drive! What's so impressive to me is that during the 3 time trials for 50 lappers, he has had the 2nd fastest effort in all 3. This from someone who has not timed well in recent years.

2. Joey Hartmann......What a nice, nice effort. These past few weeks this 05 team has really brought in on.

3. John Fortin......The man just steps into his car and takes off. No rust here.
Let's hope he stays.

4. Glenn Tyler.....Put him in a car and watch him drive. I don't know much about his mod, but I doubt it is quite up to the standards of the better cars here. I think his time trials bear that out. However, when the green flag is dropped, he shines time and again.

5. Frankie V......Darn shame they did not get that car right. He's too much fun to watch race for him not to get in. Hopefully he'll be back for the tour race with the problems fixed.

6. Mike Curtis......The man wins in '04 with 2 different rides. He steps into a car for the first time in '05 and times respectably only to get tapped into the turn one wall very, very early on. What a shame. He deserved better. Let's hope he's back soon!

RacinRob
07-31-2005, 02:59 PM
I just one to add one more note

POOR KEN HEAGY!! Darn guy can't buy luck...I'm sure things will turn around for him.

The Bullfather
07-31-2005, 03:17 PM
We believe on the backstrech that he is cursed until he spells "BOUY" right. How come W.J. never went up to Ken Heagy's modified a corrected the problem!

Buoy-A float moored in water to mark a location, warn of danger, or indicate a navigational channel.
A life buoy.

Bouy is a french word, I have the meanings of it in my car. I'll get it later and post it.

debbie33
07-31-2005, 03:36 PM
This name was misspelled by the person who did our lettering. But we had bad luck before the restaurant changed their name from One Fish Too Fish to Buoy One, so I do not think that is the case. But, yes, Kenny has had the worst luck this year, hopefully his luck can change.

Teds Race Tours
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
I have to say that Bob Finan's call of the winning pass, and how ironically it was on the 61st lap, was a great call.

KickItUp
07-31-2005, 05:39 PM
LOL.. or rather, not LOL.. We had the same problem, you get what you pay for I guess.. (spelling sponsors wrong on a racecar..)

chris061
07-31-2005, 10:08 PM
I would like to say that the 5 was awesome to watch! He did what not to many people do at Riverhead, and that is pass on the outside! He certainly was fun to watch, I can't wait to see him this week!

Mike Fields
07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Bullfather, how did I get involved in this thread???!!!

Oh, and by the way, it's 'where I sit', not 'were I sit'!!! :lol: :D :p :-B

(Sorry Pete, I just couldn't resist. lol)

DAN D.
08-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Great win Wayne and pass on lap 61.
I guess Bullfather was talking about the weather and thats why WJ deleted his reply ?? oh well Delete me, this what ever , I still enjoy this place called LONGISLANDJAM.COM.. Chill ..Bull lifes too short to have WJ bother ya for something which is part of his duties relax.. By the way how do you spell??,,....
refrences ??? :D LOL
also I think Ken Takes the lead in the BROKEN CRANK AWARD for the worst luck this year , with runner up Sal Accardi with ,, a bad crank trigger this past sat night , a snapped rocker arm a couple of weeks ago, Nice confrontation with the wall 2 weeks ago.. plus what ever ..

310fig8
08-01-2005, 07:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Also one who didn't change tires duuring the race, he showed enough restraint to make his race a good one."

Hey Walt, I find i only need 1 "u" when i spell "during". LOL Just having some fun with you. :)

Mortgage Guy
08-01-2005, 08:47 AM
I missed the race but I heard it was great, only thing for Fortin was he thought it was the Richie Evans Memorial LOL, I am just glad to see he is back in some capacity at the track, as for Wayne, I don't think Tommy would have wanted it any other way...Congrats!!!!!

art11758
08-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Sounds like I missed a good one. Walter, thanks for your reporting, it was almost like being there. I was up at Seekonk for the WMS show. I will be at the 'head this weekend though.

The Bullfather
08-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Dan D it's all good! I had my piece about what I feel and seen for the past few months. I'm all about representing who I am! I could be hard nosed, but it's not who I am! I enjoy and love coming to this board to share my opinions and views, like everyone else. I love working on The Jam, I totally love doing the new interviews, which has even changed from the original style, you'll see in a few days! I worked hard this past week to get it all done, as did Reid, great job buddy, thanks for the help! This is who I am, I rarely make any sentences seem incoherent, I may miss a word every now and again. :)
I thought it was done with when we changed the format of having a "speller" or "not" having a speller checker. I had to speak my piece, it's done, hopefully!

Walter, I'm a man about things. I went over and shook your hand and had many conversations with you about racing and other subjects. If things are taken out of context, I'm sorry for it! We are a community, we represent The Jam and fans of Riverhead raceway and not the bathroom wall as a local "rubbish" paper called us a year or so ago! I'm about going on and keeping peace. We love and enjoy the same things, no reasons why we can't still go on about the things we love!

Yes, there is a subject of the backstretch about "The Ken Heagy curse", which we were talking about and back to the subject.

I talked with J.A. about doing a petition at the track and here about bringing back the 101 Charlie J memorial race!!! Come on, whose in??? We have such a rich history on Long Island and this weekend drew a huge crowd. We didn't have a circus act to bring in a crowd, we had every division racing and the 8cyl. enduros! I hope Jim and Barbara took notice, we don't need buses or motorcycle stunts, we need to be paying more money to the winners of each division that comes out each week and put their hard earned money and time into their cars!

nobandwagonhere
08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Mike Curtis got "TAPPED INTO THE TURN ONE WALL"? Should have seen it from turn 3. He misjudged Johnnys bumper.

FERGBIZZ
08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
He certainly did have help from the 3.

Rich Mergl
08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Tour cars are really going to have their hands full next week, with the runs that the 15, 05, 20 and 84 had. Not to mention other cars that had problems that are usually in the mix. And what about Blewett, if he didn't have problems early on, it could have been a different ending. Tell you what, he shows them all how to pass on the outside.

RGeeProductions
08-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Twice the length race, 10x and 84 faded, 15 and 05 were on the money. When tour comes and if qualified, see if they hold for the laps run!!!

JBonsignore
08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Totally different tire when the tour comes to town!

Mortgage Guy
08-02-2005, 08:10 AM
I spoke to John, and they haven't raced in almost a year...They had 2 small adjustments that they didn't make for the extra distance, a little rusty but now they now what they have to do to STAY fast. I just hope some of the locals finish up front...

Tower Man
08-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Fortin ran that race for 3 reasons....1) it was time trials...2) out of respect for Tom Baldwin and 3) clean out the rust for the Tour race.

Sad as it may seem, Johnny is not back at Riverhead. I had a long conversation with him last week and just last night. He is actually enjoying the time off so he can go to little league games, Field hockey games and go camping with his family.

Don't expect to see him beyond the Tour race. He still has many unresolved issues and feels he is better off not dealing with it at this time. John is a good friend of mine and I, especially, understand his position.

lazlo6969
08-04-2005, 03:51 AM
WHERE DO I SIGN?
I can't remember a crowd that large without some kind of Police Schoolbus Figure 8 Demo. It was good to see. More Memorials, More Weekly Divisions, WEEKLY, More $ in the prize funds. MORE MORE MORE. I don't ask for much, just give me more!