PDA

View Full Version : Where was he going?

theshow7ny
08-01-2005, 12:51 PM
I would like to know what Tribuzio was thinking when he made it three wide coming off turn two, crashing the 13, and I believe, the 8 or 81, causing a huge pileup. Tribuzio's out of control in a charger car. Maybe he would be better off staying in Late Models.

Rich Johnson
08-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I think something broke in his front end...He could not turn on the exit ramp.

RacinRich

BBUST04
08-01-2005, 10:33 PM
I Think It Was In His Best Interest To Not Get Stuck Behind The 13.

DAN D.
08-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Rob deserves and belongs in any division he wants at Riverhead . Thanks for your opinion "theshow7ny" Rob out of control in a charger??? I think that should be in the Jam Jokes... anyway, that's your opinion and this's mine. Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

jimmy'z
08-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Tribuzio's out of control in a charger car. Maybe he would be better off staying in Late Models.

When steering components break, you are out of control. Simple math there, chief.
Your best bet, if you were so misguided by the accident, would have been to talk to Rob after the race and ask him what happened, instead of making asinine claims on this board. That is, if you drive the 13, 8, or 81.

theshow7ny
08-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I think he should have used his head and a little patience and in one lap he could HAVE passed the 13 easily. Instead, he makes a three wide bone head move. Every week it's the same story, repairing our car, because of drivers like that. So yes, guy, it is my opinion he is out of control. As far as going to discuss it with Rob, there is nothing to discuss, bottom line... use your head.

pdd
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
I feel your pain. We've been in the top ten at least seven, maybe eight times this year and with a handful of laps remaining ...disaster! No one car in particular either, many times just get caught in someone else's crash and or debris. And sometimes I get myself in trouble. (this week's heat race my restart was awful and almost wrecked the 89x and a few others) my mistake, sorry guys. We decided at the advice of Chris 89x to start in the back, instead of outside pole. We went from 21st to 13ish in 9 laps, some of it on the outside. And then we had what I felt was some help getting in the fence. Well, that's two cars in three weeks, Both good cars, built by LMS Engineering, and one of the weeks was an off week. I'm broke from this year and banged up. All we were looking for this year was a top ten, maybe a top five (I'm a realist). At this point, I'd settle for not needing the wrecker, just finish on the rims we start the race with. This week, we took a car with 2 heat races on it and the right front is now 6 '' back. I don't know if we're coming back next year, it ain't fun any more. Hats off to my crew though ... we only missed week two this year and thanks to my wife letting me buy a second car, when we couldn't get the parts fast enough to fix the first one.
AAAhhhhh, I feel better having said that! Sorry so long winded.
Don #3chgr

bulldozer
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
What's that mean jim? I know I have 1500 dollars worth of damage, that's all I know about anything.

pdd
08-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Dozer ,I missed your crash what all got broke??
Don.

dynamite
08-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Jim, you mean that his steering was broken before he came out of 2? Then why didn't he stop by the fence before he went three wide out of 2? So where was his radio man??? No, that was not the problem, it was the 3 wide bone head move, so now instead of 16 out of 3rd place in standings, and within striking distance of 1st, he's 7th and a whole bunch of points out and unless he decides to take out the whole field next time??? I take it you weren't there. His film, my film, same thing, three wide high side going in and three wide high side coming out, what do you think the results should have been!!!! Here's a clue, back out and have a shot at the championship or try and win the race by going three wide for 12th place at that time??? My damage was $800.

jimmy'z
08-04-2005, 07:24 AM
(what is the timeout for staying logged in the forum, this is the third time I tried to type this and timed out :D )

Whoa, whoa, whoa ... rewind this whole thing here. This is going way outside the lines here.

Sure, a lot of things could have been different with that whole incident; and all I saw was my part of it from deep, deep, deep in two (like, way back behind the fence ). All I saw was Rob's car all jacked and maybe he was backing out of it, maybe he was pushed into it from the front end being f'ed up....I cannot make any 100% claim to that part. I just know when the car isn't 100%, it is not going to respond 100% to what you want it to do.

All I saw is what I saw. Sure, it sucks that a lot of damage happened that is going to send a lot of people back and scrambling to get their cars back and ready for this Saturday. I feel your pain; heck, in 2004 I think we nearly rebuilt the car from all the times we got wrecked (not even counting the LM, which was nearly destroyed the opening and closing night).

But to place the blame solely on the 01? C'mon now. And again I ask; did anyone go to see Rob and ask him "what are you thinking?" Driver to driver, no crew, no additional people to incite anything? That part I do not know. Did the officials charge him for rough riding? I don't know.

My comment was directed at the show7ny and him alone. My last sentence stands as well which the drivers of the 13, 8, or 81 (13, I don't know, maybe he is show7ny, Dan and Chris I do know) have a bone solely to pick with Rob. I can't answer for Rob, and Rob can provide the answers to the 13, Dan, and Chris.

Chris, Do you still have the tape of the race? I'd like to see what you saw on your end of the film. I think Rob still has his copy as well.

In closing; yes, I apologize for anything beyond what my comments were read, as I directed them to show7ny about making a claim that Rob does not belong in the charger class at all. That I have a problem with. What actually happened out there is between Rob, Dan, Chris, and the 13 car. I can't answer for them, nor should I try to.

Either way; If you need to talk, give me a call here at work (I'll PM you my number here). I don't want this to get any more misconstrued than it already is.

And that's all I'll put into this thread. This is between the drivers.

LongIslandJam
08-04-2005, 07:35 AM
You've summed it up well Jim. Thread closed as we have gotten a viewpoint from every side and that's the important part.

What happened was an "accident," meaning it was accidental. Did it cause a lot of damage? Oh yea. Was a bonehead move made? Maybe, I can't say as I didn't see it.

Either way, we move on, and hopefully in the future we learn and get better:)

(NOTE TO JIMMY Z: There is no timeout on our system that I know of, it may be in your computer- W.J.)