PDA

View Full Version : big dog weekend

dadeccles
08-02-2005, 07:08 AM
My family and I will be at Mahoning on the 20th, and Mountain on the 21st, staying at 80/81 campground that weekend. Can anybody tell me how to get to Mahoning from there. Thanks, Jim. :disgusted

White Lightnin
08-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Take I80 east to Lake Harmony(only 2 exits from the route 309 interchange, I believe). Take the Pa Turnpike south for 1 exit(Mahoning Valley). Head west on 209, over the bridge, and head straight for a few miles and it will be on your right, behind the Farmer's Market property. Anyone want to get a little more accurate for him?

DeanKline
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know if the Street Stock 50 lap race, scheduled for Big Dog Sunday is a points event??

Dean

Geno
08-02-2005, 10:29 PM
The easiest way for me (at least when towing a car) was route 309 to route 443 (left). Track is out 8 miles or so on the left. :wave:

Heck, If your staying right there, stop at Balliet's Country Corners...they'll hook ya right up :cool:

dadeccles
08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all of the tips. I have not been to Mountain since it was Evergreen. I used to go there all the time. Sal Moshella Jr. (rest in peace) and I were there when they had the big fight and they said Tony Siscone had a gun (he had left by the time the fight started). Man, that was wild. Hey, 1 more question. If I am going up the PA turnpike, can I cut across 309 to get to 80/81 campground, instead of going all the way to 80 and over? Thanks. Dadeccles :lol:

BlingxBling
08-03-2005, 09:03 PM
To get to Mahoning from the campground area..you want to go make a right onto 309 and go 1/4 of a mile. Make a left onto 80E go 15 miles and get off the Lake Harmony exit (exit 277). You want to stay straight through the light where you will pick up 476S (towards Allentown) continue on that for 19 miles (the cops like to sit around mile marker 90 and 78) and get off the Mahoning Valley/Lehighton exit 74 (toll costs $1.25) as you proceed off the exit you want to bare to the left (towards Lehighton I believe the sign says) You are going to make a right onto 209S. You are going to go about 3 miles, you want to be in the left lane as you come to the light go straight over the bridge, and be in the left lane again. Make a left at the light and follow that through approx. 3 lights, you will pass a Walmart (will be on the right) approximately 1. 5 miles down the road the track is on your right.

ncupod99
08-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I live next door to the 80/81 campground--just get back on 309 south thru
both Tamaqua & S. Tamaqua--443 east is just a mile past S. Tamaqua-
turn left, and Mahoning is about ten miles east on 443--track will be on
left side--

dadeccles
08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded to my help for directions. My family and I will be at the ROC race and The Big Dog race. We are coming up from the Atlantic city area. If you want to also take in some very good races, go to Wall Township Speedway, that is my Home track and I do not get there as often as I want Becasue I am a Security Executive for the Trump Properties, and weekends are very tough to get off. Just made my first show there this year, and man the changes they have made are great. The food is the best (How is it at Mountain?) and all divisons start double file until there are 5 laps to go, so very little follow the leader and the modified feature is 40 laps, everybody else is 25. Great racing. Later, Jim.

dadeccles
08-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Well, it is here, and I can not wait. Look for a Nascar tour car or 2 to stop in for some easy money at Mountain, since they are running Thursday night at Thompson. If the Blewett brothers show up, look for one of them to use theIr front nerf bar to get to the front, or a Wall Stadium regular will come in and take it (the Wall guys are Flying high since theIr track is not being sold). But the best would be if the Christopher brothers show up. I heard from a good soUrce that both may be there. As far as ROC drivers go, look for a few to stay over night and that depends on what cars are left over from MVS on Saturday. Well, see you Sunday. Dadeccles

dadeccles
08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
I will go out on a limb and say a Wall Stadium regular will win the Big Dog 100. Maybe a Blewett brother, or Pete BrittAin, or Matty Ricco, or Steven Reed, but most a Wall Stadium car will win, LOL.

NEETS-1
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna bet on a hometown boy