PDA

View Full Version : Tires anyone?

pdd
08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Anybody know if jyd ent got tires for the Aug 6 weekend??
I was told that they did not make a tire trip, due to the tour coming this weekend, and I guess they bring their own stuff? What I heard I don't know for a fact, I'm just trying to find out. Last week, they didn't have anything I could make stagger out of and the 8 heat cycle rocks we had last week are destroyed from a crash. All that's left on our car are tires to get into the trailer with... :disgusted

theshow7ny
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
the whole tire situation at Riverhead is a joke. i can't get two sets the same from week to week. and as far as the impound rule, that is a total waste of time. the worst part of the whole day, in my opinIon, is getting tires.

LongIslandJam
08-05-2005, 06:31 PM
The impound rule was ingenious in my opinion. I KNOW of teams changing their tires after qualifying for the feature and marking them themselves. This solves that issue. So that's a big thumbs up.

As for your question PDD, I'll find out for you tonight.

ReptarRacing
08-05-2005, 10:50 PM
First of all Don, check your pm that I sent you.

Now for you Brian...As far as you not being able to get two sets the same... I know plenty of guys that have no problems, and they are top running cars and trucks...hmmm, could that be saying something about you??? Maybe if you didn't spend so much time complaining about everything, you would be able to find what you are looking for. I will give you that the sizes haven't been the greatest, but what makes you think they are any better at any other track? Trust me, they are not. I have heard complaints about sizes from quite a few tracks, and these tracks don't just run Hoosiers.

As far as the impound rule, other than you, everyone else is OK with it, so why is it such a problem for you??? How did the impounding of modified tires begin?? I know you know the answer to that one.

The worst part of my day??? I'll be nice and just say that it is seeing people who are extremely arrogant and rude.

theshow7ny
08-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your opinion, miss Gina. First of all, I know you hate hate my guts, but nothing I said in my post was directed at you, or had anything to do with you. So I really don't appreciate your attitude.
This week, for example, the largest right side tires were marked 86.5, but if you check them with a tape, the sizes vary over an inch. Since there is the no return policy (once you mount it, you own it), and the high price, what are you supposed to do? I don't want to hear that I don't know how large the tire will go when it is aired. Just because they are marked the same, doesn't mean that they will air up the same, and they don't. Modified tires were never like this. You have no idea what it is like to work with tires, you just collect money and supervise. As far as the impound rule that you blame me for so much, at the time when it was created, it was needed. But for a low budget team, that has only two full sets of wheels, having to leave at least four there is a pain. For setup reasons, it would be better to have more than just one set to take home, but you wouldn't understand that. Now you can think I'm rude and dislike me all you want, that's your opinion, but I'm just as entitled to my opinions, also.

ReptarRacing
08-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Brian, Brian, Brian....Do you ever stop complaining???? I had no attitude when I first replied to you. You, on the other hand, had a major attitude with your post.

To set the record straight for you, not only have I crewed for a charger car and a late model, but I also owned a blunderbust, so I do know something about tires.

Now, if you would have read my post, I also said that I know the sizes have not been great, but 80% have been able to work with what is there.

If you have any other complaints (and I am sure you have a ton), feel free to tell me all about them Saturday. Have a great week. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.