PDA

View Full Version : six times (tommy)

BWR
08-07-2005, 01:39 AM
you did it again bud.......... :applause: :applause: :applause: guess you are the man.

p.s no personal beefs here!!!!!!!!!

robert_5_42_car
08-07-2005, 11:04 PM
:mad: This is crazy. What do you have, a mod motor in that car? :mad:

Golf Guy
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
call 631-293-RACE ask for Larz and for about $4,500 you can have the Tommy Walkowiak "special" blunderbust motor. Oh and by the way, way to go Tommy!

JunkYardRacer34
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
So there is a Grand enduro motor in that car!! Last i heard Larz was getting 3,500 for blunderbust motor and 4,500 for a Grand motor big diffrence.

Golf Guy
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
actually the word "about" would mean not exact. And the phone # will connect you to Larz if you would like to purchase some of his power. The driver talent is up to each individual.

WATDAHEX
08-08-2005, 07:27 PM
It's $3500 for the motor with the stock heads.... It's $4500 for the motor with the Dart heads....

wayne
08-08-2005, 08:10 PM
daaaaaaang!!!!!!!!

chris061
08-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, I guess all this talk about your motor Tommy, now the secret is out about the dart heads. ;) Good thing they did not find the throttle fed nitrous hidden under the intake. I cant believe they never found your traction control. All I can say is good job, you are making it look easy. Also, what are his lap times? I have not been there, but that would tell you if he is "cheating".
chris busick

LongIslandJam
08-08-2005, 09:21 PM
***** it's the nitrous. I knew it... LOL :D :-B

Tommy has been running real well. To be honest, if we still had some of our long time vets in the division, like Chirico, Aiello, Malverty, Pickerell, we would see that Tommy would probably run right with them. Just right now, he's in a league of his own as the field tries to catch up and mature into great racers the Blunderbusts are known to produce.

DAN D.
08-09-2005, 11:28 AM
To think that Tommy was interested in my charger last year??? What was he thinking? Switching divisions... I think it's THE GOLF GUY that makes him win, JIM has that way about him.....maybe it's some malts put in the fuel tank????
:D :D :D :D :D :confused: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :applause: :wave: :wave: O:)

CONGRATS TOMMY

LongIslandJam
08-09-2005, 12:33 PM
You're right... Jim has that winning touch. #00 Blunderbust of Tommy Walkowiak, #14 Late Model of Mike Mortimer, #10 Figure 8 of George Sprague, and #5 Jimmy Blewett are all winners. Hey, he sponsors a great website too, called LongIslandJam.com. LOL.

Tracy87BB
08-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Chris061, I have only been at the track on a rare few occasions this season myself, but I have looked at lap times when I have been there. These guys (Tommy included) are not turning ridiculously fast laps...a handful of guys have just been getting through traffic consistently better than the rest of the field. I do still do the handicapping every week, and a distinct pattern has emerged lately. Over the past six weeks or so, there have been five or six guys who have started in the back (or as close to it as you can get these days, since there is rarely a full field and there are quite a few drivers who only show up sporadically so they have to start in the rear) and have found their way to the front. Just for the giggles of it, I went through the finishes for the last six weeks and figured out average finishes for the top ten drivers: Scott Maliszewski - 5.0, Tommy Walkowiak - 3.7, Bill Wegmann - 11.2, Artie Pedersen - 9.2, Wayne Okula - 4.7, Dale Arnold - 7.25 (for the four out of the last six weeks that he ran), Tom Sullivan - 14.3, Paul Parisi - 12.0, Peter Cataldo - 9.3, Doug Watson - 14.0. Keep in mind that is only the last six weeks, and numbers can be made to show anything if you manipulate them the right way. Obviously, a bad week here or there throws the whole equation off (for example, if you based it on the last five weeks, Tommy's average finish would be 1.2 and Artie Pedersen's average finish would be 6.6). Does Tommy have the best six-week average? Yes... Does that mean he is insanely illegal? I highly doubt it, since there ARE a few guys who aren't far behind in terms of average finishes. Just my opinion...

chris061
08-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Well Tracy, I am glad you were checking the times. That makes my theory correct then.
chris busick

Tracy87BB
08-29-2005, 11:13 AM
What a difference two weeks makes...out of curiousity, I refigured average finishes for the top ten guys in points based on the last six races (July 9th through August 27th). Here they are: Scott Maliszewski - 6.3, Tommy Walkowiak - 5.7, Artie Pedersen - 7.7, Dale Arnold - 5.0 (only based on the four weeks that he ran during those six weeks), Wayne Okula - 6.3, Bill Wegmann - 9.2, Tom Sullivan - 10.8, Paul Parisi - 12.2, Doug Watson - 11.3. Peter Cataldo (who is now in 11th) had an average finish of 14.2, while Scott Pedersen (who I didn't include last time but who is now in 10th) had an average finish of 7.8.
I wish all of you guys the best of luck in the last few races...hopefully I'll make it out there again before the season is over! :wave: